First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
Really disappointed there is no 4.1 transfer case. If I’m buying a Rubicon I was that crawl ratio.
Sponsored

PullmeSideways1341

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I think based on Annual sales numbers every 2 door owner in the country has chimed in with their disappointment.

It makes me laugh... Sales results have consequences!

I also appreciate everyone telling us how “smart” they are not to be an early adopter. I sleep so much better knowing this.

I think it’s a great halo product for the wrangler - it’s not for everyone, but damn it’s cool! Could a few things be tweaked yea- but monster HP/Torque solve many things.

CalPilot

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL (waiting)
I expect $70k or so.
I was going to say the same thing. It'll easily top $70k and they'll sell out of them. Maybe this is why they are forcing buyers with their diesels and silly hybrid engines - they need to squeak out every MPG to meet their CAFE goal with the 392 in the lineup.

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
Based on 70k projected sale price, plus TT&L, you’re financing 75k if no money down. My $783 payment for my ecodiesel would turn into damn near $1150 with this machine. I could swing it for sure, but I’m not sure I’d want to. I’m not a fan of color matching fenders and top either. Those of you who will end up with one, congrats. I’m not sure if I’d end up with one even if I hadn’t bought my JLUD 2 months ago. But damn 470 hp does sound fun!!

Sponsored

iboostgti335

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Every Jeep guy in an office today is sitting at their PC drooling over these pics.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
OK dumb question: Doesn't all that "Corvette Level" power make the Jeep into a death trap. I mean with their inherent higher center of gravity and narrower wheel base it's already prone to rolling over and now we want go and drop Corvette power into it. I think I'd be scared to ride in the thing with anyone other than "me" driving.

Sponsored

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
I'm in, wife is a go! Already contacted my jeep sales guy! lol

Anyone looking for a 2018 JLUR on 37's fs?!? ha

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Just me....

1) No mention of half doors. Is that still a pipe dream? They are pictured on the granite promo pics, but unless I just overlooked it, nothing mentioned in the list of goodies. That's a bit disappointing. My mistake....overlooked it in the list.

2) As already said...no 2 door option? Unless that ever becomes a reality, if I want it bad enough, I'll just do a swap.

3) Cylinder deactivation? No thank you!!!

That said...if I still didn't own JL, and I wanted a 4 door, this would be super tempting. But as it stands...I'll just live through other's fortune when they start posting pics.

Shellbird01

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Shara Unlimited
Why am I so consumed with upgrading my selec-trac setup? I have the 2.72 tc w/ 44 rear 3.45 gear ratio. Why not put a ud44 or rubi takeoff in the front re-gear the rear and elocker. Also why re-gear up from 3.45 to 3.73? Is it more hp I need or am I reading theses forums to much. I’m confused now...

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
OK dumb question: Doesn't all that "Corvette Level" power make the Jeep into a death trap. I mean with their inherent higher center of gravity and narrower wheel base it's already prone to rolling over and now we want go and drop Corvette power into it. I think I'd be scared to ride in the thing with anyone other than "me" driving.
This was entirely my argument for why it would never happen. Apparently they're not worried......?

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Just me....

1) No mention of half doors. Is that still a pipe dream? They are pictured on the granite promo pics, but unless I just overlooked it, nothing mentioned in the list of goodies. That's a bit disappointing.

2) As already said...no 2 door option? Unless that ever becomes a reality, if I want it bad enough, I'll just do a swap.

3) Cylinder deactivation? No thank you!!!

That said...if I still didn't own JL, and I wanted a 4 door, this would be super tempting. But as it stands...I'll just live through other's fortune when they start posting pics.
It says half doors available right in the top section....
Sponsored