Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Agree with all of you on the pricing. Fully loaded 2021 JLUR is about 60k. This has almost all the optional equipment as standard, so this will definitely start at at least 65 to 68k depending on how much the 392 “option” is on top of a fully loaded Rubi.

TJdesersand

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Windstar
6.4L HEMI, reinforced frame, “heavy duty” D44s, 33” tires...this is going to be a 5,500 lb beast.

0-60 in 4.9 seconds. MPG TBD.

They speculate pricing will be around $70,000

Press release says starting at, $50,000. 4door only, Auto only, Select-Trac transfer case only, 3.73:1 steep axles-that's it, Half Doors available, Rubicon Unlimited only. Facial expressions, Full Grin, only! It looks like stop start gone too, for this specific model.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
1. Hopefully now we can just have one thread on this!
2. Well done Jeep and seems to be a sweet spot.
3. I will be all in but not first adopter this time, the first JL has left war wounds and now I have PTSD.
4. I will keep the JL for 2 more years and get one of these after the bugs are out.

Sponsored

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
I love it but it's not what some of us wanted. 3.73 gears? 33's? BRONZE accents versus Red? Gray dash? Selec-Trac not Rock-Trac Full Time? What about 4.88 gears, 37's, Red accents and dash, 2 door, Rock-Trac? They could do more to kill the Bronco even more if they wanted to.

Chadecoen

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hot Rod Soccer Mom edition jeep will do the same.
Hahahaha, great description.

Sold my '15 jk sport manual to get the rumored (back then) diesel. Years later the diesel finally arrives and no 2 door. Thought I'd then wait on the v8. Dammit.

Oh well, guess it's time to go order another sport with a manual before they disappear all together. Maybe have the v8 installed when the warranty runs out. Grrr, hindsight is perfect I know, but I'd already be out of warranty if I'd just kept the 15! Thanks for the info everyone.

Sponsored

tcass

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
It isn't a real Jeep if it has four doors. If FCA (Stellantis) doesn't do a two door V8 Rubi we know the two door will probably be discontinued. Proof the Italians and French are calling the shots. :(
i agree, have always liked the 2 door wranglers. i understand needing a grocery getter or a soccer mom transport but a JEEP is a 2 door

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
They list the MP3022 for 6.4 which makes no sense. That is the weakest transfer case. FCA uses the stronger MP3023 on the smaller 5.7

35700659-64BE-4EF7-829F-DC627930A4BA.png

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
Agree with all of you on the pricing. Fully loaded 2021 JLUR is about 60k. This has almost all the optional equipment as standard, so this will definitely start at at least 65 to 68k depending on how much the 392 “option” is on top of a fully loaded Rubi.
at least at first you wont be able to touch one for less than 80k

tcass

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
Tough call on this one. I’ve got a V8 in my 2003 4Runner, and its great, but I’ve got a manual in my JLUR, and I like that more
i had manuals on my TJ and JK Sahara and Rubicon. i have auto on my 2 door JL Sport. i like it. its fast enough for me and pretty peppy overall.
Sponsored