Sponsored

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
I told my wife 5 years ago that if Jeep ever offers a factory 6.4 wrangler I was bringing it home no questions asked. I asked her again last night and she said its ok. lol

I just need to know when (and how if they're doing the stupid launch edition crap where you order first and watch dealer orders hit the streets for months while you don't have yours) to order.
Your wife is incredible congrats you got the perfect one

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
  • 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and 1/4 mile in 13.0 seconds, its scary to think with all that performance that you are trying to stop with 2 piston calipers in front and 1 piston in the rear, it may take 13.0 seconds to stop, should have 6 piston brakes for all that weight and power, just saying...

JaayyyeeeE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Much like my old SRT 300 with the 6.4, this thing would guarantee me a spot at the local jail. I'll probably stick with my diesel...
I traded my M3 for the JL so I wouldn’t drive like an ahole anymore... now they had to get fancy and do this? Thanks Jeep :swear::headbang: :droolsinhemi

Brenden

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon unlimited manual, 2021 Ram 1500 ecodiesel crew
Any reason for the 3:73 ratio vs having a 4:10 like my Rubicon now has?
Easier on axle shafts. Just like the 2.7 to 1 low range. Easier on drive shafts and diffs. Full throttle low range with this and full rubi gearing would make the d44 cry.

Sponsored

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
It isn't a real Jeep if it has four doors. If FCA (Stellantis) doesn't do a two door V8 Rubi we know the two door will probably be discontinued. Proof the Italians and French are calling the shots. :(
It is shameful. I am not a soccer mom and dont need my jeep to haul kids and sports gear to the field by the mall.

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
How much do you think it will cost? 55,000$ I bet!
Ha! I bet $55k won't touch it.

I had a salesman tell me the TRX comes with a lower sticker price to get you in but they force options on it and TaDa! $95k. I am sure the Hot Rod Soccer Mom edition jeep will do the same.

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat CC - Volvo XC70 - Ducati Monster 900 carbs - Ducati Hypermotard - Ducati Panigale -
Occupation
self employed
I

I had a salesman tell me the TRX comes with a lower sticker price to get you in but they force options on it and TaDa! $95k. I am sure the Hot Rod Soccer Mom edition jeep will do the same.
I bet for something between 65 and 70
10K more expansive than a high end Rubicon with diesel sounds realistic

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
self employed
I put into the Jeep configurator for a JLUR with the 392's standard options and added the lifts, wheel, accessory switch panel parts from Mopar website. It comes unto around $66K with the Diesel engine. It is pretty safe to say the 392 will be a $70K Jeep.
Did the same with an high altitude and got 61 so yes 70K should be the correct range

Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Wow. That’s a LOT of standard options. That’s gonna be one pricey SOB. I was thinking 60k originally now I’m thinking 65-70. Ouch. My lowly 3.6 will serve me just fine.

also. Half doors!

also 2” lift and 33? Wut?
Prob same stance as the Mohave glad. With the 33’s it looks fine I think. Cause it is a true 2 inches only vs greater than 2 on the rubicon.

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR

Just walkin there with your Cybertruck tshirt on...

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
That ship has sailed; the 2-door/4-door fight is over.

It was over back in 2006 when JK launched the 4-door Wrangler: Wrangler sales have quadrupled since then.

Heck, if you still want to blame someone, don’t blame the Italians or the French, blame the Germans!
I don’t blame the Germans... I blame all of you. The people in this thread, on this site, in the market, rental car agencies, soccer moms, soccer dads, hard-core off roaders, people who actually wheel their 4 door jeeps, people who don’t, posers, angry bird grille people, everyone. The market has spoken. It’s all good though. The 4 door may have saved the wrangler from extinction in 2008-2009 so you gotta take the good with the bad.

Just like the death of the manual transmission... all I can do now is hold on to my 2 door, manual transmission jeep until they make gas prohibitively expensive and I have to cave and buy an EV. Hopefully minutes before I die, in August 2064.
Sponsored