Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think it won’t have the 4.1 gearing; it will have 3.73 gearing and retain the 4:1 transfer case with front and rear lockers.

Sounds like it won’t have the Mopar 2” lift. Instead, it will have a slightly higher suspension than standard Rubicon.
Sponsored

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
This will likely be out of range for much of the population on price but very cool news nonetheless. Would a two door with this much power be able to stay on the ground? LOL. So, how many Bronco orders will be cancelled in the next week or so? Well done Jeep!!!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I think it won’t have the 4.1 gearing; it will have 3.73 gearing and retain the 4:1 transfer case with front and rear lockers.

Sounds like it won’t have the Mopar 2” lift. Instead, it will have a slightly higher suspension than standard Rubicon.
it says it has the 2'' lift and the tires do look tiny.

ramp4ge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK Sport
" Would a two door with this much power be able to stay on the ground?"

AEV's been swapping 6.4s into 2-door JKs for years. There's no reason FCA couldn't do it too, except that they sell more 4-doors so they don't think the R&D on a 2-door would be worth it. Same reason we don't have a 2-door Gladiator, even though they built a concept and that concept is awesome. The 2-door is an enthusiast vehicle. The 4-door can haul around 3 kids and the family dog. Therefore the 4-door takes priority.

Sponsored

Fatboy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab, 2014 Rubicon X
Vehicle Showcase
I just reread the Press release. 2 things:

1). Does it not have a 4:1 ratio in Low range?
2). It is available in my beloved Punk'n Orange. Shit. Dammit. Fuck. I'm going to buy this stupid thing, aren't I? Fuck.
2) I was thinking the exact same thing...shit....

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
" Would a two door with this much power be able to stay on the ground?"

AEV's been swapping 6.4s into 2-door JKs for years. There's no reason FCA couldn't do it too, except that they sell more 4-doors so they don't think the R&D on a 2-door would be worth it. Same reason we don't have a 2-door Gladiator, even though they built a concept and that concept is awesome. The 2-door is an enthusiast vehicle. The 4-door can haul around 3 kids and the family dog. Therefore the 4-door takes priority.
This is the sad reality. I love my 4 door for the utility and family hauling capabilities but I do miss my 2 door Jeeps. They were something special. Maybe once the kids are older I'll buy another one. Or I'll get real stupid and buy a classic Jeep to turn into a big dumb boulder crawler because I do not know any better.

2) I was thinking the exact same thing...shit....
Even just re-using the terms from my current loan (60 months @3.25%), $70k as a ball park start, and figure $37-40k trade on my 2019 JLUR w/ v6, manual trans, and a handful of options... it's looking like a reasonable monthly payment. It's not much more than what I'm paying now for a boatload of options PLUS v8, and I think most of my parts will transfer over.

I'm probably not jumping in first thing, but this thing is making more sense than dumping $30k into my Jeep for a Hemi swap in 5-10 years, and the 392 would have a factory warranty. While it's not the end all, it's a little bit more security.

Shit. I'm talking myself into buying this thing... AGAIN. Dammit. This always happens.

Side note: Imagine all the idiot BroDawgs to buy this and think it's a half ton pick up. Do not buy one used unless you're ready to sort out issues from towing over max, and doing other half ton pick up truck things with a quarter ton Jeep.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
So this hits all my boxes. Selec-trac T Case, lockers, slightly higher lift than normal. 33’s.
My wife says I can have it if they sell it in punk’n :(
Well, great news: reread the full press release part. It's available in the GLORIOUS HUE of Punk'n orange.

JayD1056

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 1995 Pontiac TransAm, 2019 Mini Cooper
Well, great news: reread the full press release part. It's available in the GLORIOUS HUE of Punk'n orange.
Holy crap just showed my wife she rolled her eyes but we’re a go.
Honestly really wanted a diesel with selec-trac but eh who cares. This is good too.

ramp4ge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JK Sport
No 2-door and no factory 35's...Sorry but with no 2-door option, zero temptation to trade...

However, it is awesome for those who want/need a 4-door but WTH were they thinking with 33's???
They're thinking that 9/10 of them will never see dirt and that 1/10 will get day 2 wheels/tires anyway.
Sponsored