Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
So I've been following this thread and actually just placed my order for a red 392. I do agree with some of the negative aspects in the thread but this is a Jeep. If you really want a 392 and plan to keep it we all know over time you will mod it.

Wheel and tire size easily addressable.

Axles - put whatever axles you want on as ever other jeep owner has done.

Brakes - if they aren't good enough I'm sure the aftermarket will have a solution. They always do.

Fuel range. This one will be my biggest pet peve BUT I think in due time I will plan to put on a nice add on auxiliary fuel tank to increase range. I'm willing to bet many of the well known companies like long range america will make a nice add on for the 392.

I mean it would be nice of it came with all this stuff but then you can forget 70k and it would be more like approaching 100k. Just enjoy your jeeps and customize them to your own driving style and needs.

Cheers!
Congrats on the purchase of the BEST jeep C7/wrangler of all time.

Yes there are things I dont like either: Full time 4 wheel drive, transfer case not low enough, axles that should be bigger, probably more.

Thinking your fuel mileage will be better then my 3.6, with 37's 4.88 gears. I get 16-18 with my foot out of it. IF you can keep your foot out of it you'll be fine.....IF lol

If I didnt already pour money into my 18 jlur I'd be on an order list too.
Sponsored

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Congrats on the purchase of the BEST jeep C7/wrangler of all time.

Yes there are things I dont like either: Full time 4 wheel drive, transfer case not low enough, axles that should be bigger, probably more.

Thinking your fuel mileage will be better then my 3.6, with 37's 4.88 gears. I get 16-18 with my foot out of it. IF you can keep your foot out of it you'll be fine.....IF lol

If I didnt already pour money into my 18 jlur I'd be on an order list too.
Thanks! First major mod will def be a long range america aux fuel tank though lol

Sponsored

daboink

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Wrangler JL 3.6
Occupation
Design/Builder
Smelled a hint of antifreeze from the start. I now have 5,000 mi on the beast and figured the "burn-off / break-in period was past. Looked yesterday and saw pink dried on several places. The manifold divulged the culprit. I could see a split reservoir. My second Warranty issue. I love the Jeep, but this is getting old. The first was the vacuum leak to change from the exhaust note. Anyone else see this reservoir issue? I think it will be a simple fix, but take two trips probably two weeks apart to get the warranty issue fixed.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Smelled a hint of antifreeze from the start. I now have 5,000 mi on the beast and figured the "burn-off / break-in period was past. Looked yesterday and saw pink dried on several places. The manifold divulged the culprit. I could see a split reservoir. My second Warranty issue. I love the Jeep, but this is getting old. The first was the vacuum leak to change from the exhaust note. Anyone else see this reservoir issue? I think it will be a simple fix, but take two trips probably two weeks apart to get the warranty issue fixed.
Pics of your reservoir problem?

This is a common JL issue.

daboink

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Wrangler JL 3.6
Occupation
Design/Builder
Pics of your reservoir problem?

This is a common JL issue.
I'll send you some pics when I can. I'm trying to move to Hendersonville next year when I retire! I joined Sumner Co Jeeps, but haven't done anything with them yet.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V8 - Specs, Wallpapers, Videos! Reservoir 1

Last edited:

daboink

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Wrangler JL 3.6
Occupation
Design/Builder
I'll send you some pics when I can. I'm trying to move to Hendersonville next year when I retire! I joined Sumner Co Jeeps, but haven't done anything with them yet.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V8 - Specs, Wallpapers, Videos! Reservoir 1
This is a picture when the engine was cold. When it was hot the level was at the horizontal seam. It was dripping out of the seam.
Sponsored