zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU white Rubicon, 2019 BMW R1250GSA 2019 Honda Talon 1000x
what?! if youā€™re using it off-road the fenders are ruined in 3-6 months
if you like the best top sun rider it looks stupid as hell with a painted top. Tree pinstriping? Roof rack?
id much prefer lineX premium on those for less money

if youā€™re a mall queen I definitely get preferring painted fenders but even then, thats color dependent IMO.
i wheel mine

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw these in another thread. The 35s on the launch video 392 are 11.50's instead of the usual 12.50's. Added leverage and rotational mass of the 35's is still in play, but they didn't add friction from traction to the game. Just found it interesting and making conversation.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V8 - Specs, Wallpapers, Videos! B932566D-1723-4F5E-BFE1-F55FD1378E97
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V8 - Specs, Wallpapers, Videos! 3BC78597-75A0-427A-943F-41A32AB7B0FA

Sponsored

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Just saw these in another thread. The 35s on the launch video 392 are 11.50's instead of the usual 12.50's. Added leverage and rotational mass of the 35's is still in play, but they didn't add friction from traction to the game. Just found it interesting and making conversation.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 V8 - Specs, Wallpapers, Videos! 3BC78597-75A0-427A-943F-41A32AB7B0FA
probably because of the 7.5ā€ wheels

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
Noticed that the other day also. Doesn't look bad for 35's though.

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
Got my order in. Went white again. Should be able to sneak the new louder Jeep past a few people Lol.
Planning to love my steer smarts stuff, RSE step sliders, rigid lighting, and a few other small things to the new Jeep
Ha! Trying to do the same but might be difficult without the red accents :)

Sponsored

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just give it a minute @Drytellsr will. He seems to be the resident off road expert.
No kidding, a 392 will spin 42"s a hell of a lot easier then a 3.6l. That has never been my point. you have to go back and follow the entire thread from the beginning. Don't shortcut to the bottom and think you have a grasp on everything.

Now Concentrate! I will try to make my point easier for you to understand. A Stock 392 Has NO greater Off Road benefit then a Stock 3.6L. when you start modifying the 392 with 42" inch tires, your changing the game and your chasing other mods and fixes to do so. I also commented on the issues of increasing the Tire size to 40's and still operating on the Dana 44's is an issue.

Increase power with increased tire size to 37-42's on the same Dana 44's is WRONG. you are throwing in additional modifications to only the 392 in order to prove your point. you can't continually caveat your argument just to try and disprove my point.

Stop with the after market MODS.

Argue the point that the Stock 392 Rubi is better Off Road then the Stock 3.6l RUBI and stop adding Mods. and maybe this can be meaningful.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

[/QUOTE]

Ok, I will bite, and I did read it from the beginning. Take the exact same tires then on a 3.6 and a 392, a 392 will spin those tires easier to clear mud and snow out of them. It will also give you quicker and more momentum in a shorter distance going up a steep incline with gravel. I will go back to my TJ, before supercharger and after supercharger with zero change in tires size, the TJ performed better on steep off road grades, mud, and snow. I have wheeled nearly every weekend in a variety of vehicles and situations for the last 40 years. Your point should be that more power is not necessarily needed and that a good driver can wheel the snot out of anything. But to say that more power is no benefit at all is just silly.

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Argue the point that the Stock 392 Rubi is better Off Road then the Stock 3.6l RUBI and stop adding Mods. and maybe this can be meaningful.
Look, I wish that FCA did the 392 differently both in terms of options and features, but this is too easy...

Look at what the 392 is doing in the ads. Desert running. The t-case will be in high range, thus negating the 4:1 "advantage" of the 3.6, but the 392's additional power, various reinforcements, bigger shocks, etc. make the stock 392 rubi better for desert running than a stock 3.6 rubi.

Further, since we're talking stock for stock. The 392 comes with a 2 inch lift. True, you do lose 0.5 inches under the pumpkin. But are you really arguing that 2" of lift is of no benefit off-road?

Last edited:

aus-jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
"THE 392 HAS ZERO OFF ROAD BENEFIT OVER THE 3.6L RUBI" OR "THE 2.0L RUBI TURBO"
I guess you don't wheel somewhere you need to bump it up big rock walls then?
Because some of us do, and instant power/torque off idle is incredibly important when you're trying to launch up and over rocks.

Or drop into long, rutted and deep mud holes where the motor bogs down?
Because some of us do and having vastly more power/torque will keep the tire speed up so we can claw our way out to the end

Or plow through really deep snow that's coming over the hood and bringing you to a full stop?
Because some of us do and getting just a few feet further each time when breaking a new trail would be awesome.

Or put on paddle tires and hit massive sand dunes?
Or put coilovers and bypasses on and do high speed desert trails?

I hope you're getting the point at this stage!
Just because you don't see a benefit there are plenty of others that do

Last edited:

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
I personally don't care that the 392 is/isn't better at off roading than a 3.6. It's obvious that Jeep isn't actually intending it to be the ultimate off roader, since it's only available as a 4-door. For this reason alone I'm not going to consider buying one (not that I would want to pay for it anyway). But since you just want to argue then I'll keep playing.

The intake vent in the new hood is not for "WATER FORDING" like you think it is. its there because the Hemi needs a greater amount of air intake for the engine to suck in.
Well, since I haven't personally inspected one yet, all I can go off of is the first post in this thread: "Adopted from the Jeep Gladiator Mojave, a 40-mm raised hood with aggressive appearance and a fully functional hood scoop provide cold air intake and greater water fording capability. It also carries a ā€œ392ā€ badge on each side, signifying the most cubic inches ever offered in a Jeep Wrangler."

The 392 has less clearance than the 3.6L regardless of the 2 inch lift. Measure it at the pumpkin.
Again, I haven't physically inspected one yet, so I can't measure it. Also: approach/breakover/departure angles. Or does the end-all be-all 3.6 somehow optimize those also?

About the Diesel and its extra torque, Yes its worthless when the tow rating is still 3500 lbs. and it doesn't do anything other than increase your gas mileage, But wait!!! those Diesels sure do cost a hell of a lot more in oil changes and "HAVE ZERO OFF ROAD BENEFIT OVER A 3.6L RUBI"
I recall reading somewhere that the diesels don't need low range in as many situations. I'm going to call that a benefit, since that's literally seconds of your life you'll never get back.

OH Wait!!!! that 392 with all its power, Torque and BRAVADO has a Tow rating of 3500 LBS. Holy crap!!! such an improvement over the diesel and the 3.6L RUBI and 2.0L RUBI for that 20k-30k extra cost. OMG I gotta have one and NO-One is gonna criticize it again! I'm converted and you two have earned my total respect and admiration. "NOT"
Wow. You think I'm trying to convince you. Hey wait... isn't your post missing something? Something in all caps about the off road benefits? At this point you should probably just put it in your signature.
Sponsored