SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Hyperbole much? lol

judging by the 3 dozen or so mentions of death trap and death wobble on there. Someone dying as a result of this release is definitely on someone’s mind over there.

Ford pooped a cinder block without question

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
What’s the mood like on the Bronco forums?
Hi. Mod over on the Bronco forums here.

Most of us are just excited that the competition is ramping up even before the Bronco is released. A good portion of us are current/prior Jeep owners, and all of us are enthusiasts. V8 in a wrangler is a good thing for all, and while I doubt Ford will put a V8 in the Bronco, it’s definitely more of a possibility now. And at the very least we know the Bronco Warthog will be getting a significantly more powerful engine option, maybe not a V8 but bigger than the 2.7. I think most of us are just happy the 2.7 is in the Bronco, because honestly the current JL powertrains are adequate at best for a daily driver. (Off-road even the anemic 3.8 JK I have is powerful enough, powerful engines are for the street.)

suicidal on there and definitely at Ford HQ
Lol. There are some people that are upset, but it’s mostly over interior stitching and colors, hard top coloration, cup holders, and air vents. Anyone that was a die hard V8/SFA person is already gone. I have a feeling this thing is going to be expensive enough to price it out of most people’s ability to afford it. The 2.7 V6 for the bronco being only $1800 means basically anyone can afford it.

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
Hyperbole much? lol
Carscoops.com is reporting the following:

The Wrangler Rubicon 392 is available only with a four-door body style and an eight-speed automatic (no manual gearbox), sending power to all four wheels.

Oh well. Money better spent on a 1500 Rebel.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Hi. Mod over on the Bronco forums here.

Most of us are just excited that the competition is ramping up even before the Bronco is released. A good portion of us are current/prior Jeep owners, and all of us are enthusiasts. V8 in a wrangler is a good thing for all, and while I doubt Ford will put a V8 in the Bronco, it’s definitely more of a possibility now. And at the very least we know the Bronco Warthog will be getting a significantly more powerful engine option, maybe not a V8 but bigger than the 2.7. I think most of us are just happy the 2.7 is in the Bronco, because honestly the current JL powertrains are adequate at best for a daily driver. (Off-road even the anemic 3.8 JK I have is powerful enough, powerful engines are for the street.)

Lol. There are some people that are upset, but it’s mostly over interior stitching and colors, hard top coloration, cup holders, and air vents. Anyone that was a die hard V8/SFA person is already gone. I have a feeling this thing is going to be expensive enough to price it out of most people’s ability to afford it. The 2.7 V6 for the bronco being only $1800 means basically anyone can afford it.
I would much rather see the 3.5 ecoboost or 3.0 ecoboost from the Explorer sport or st. Or, go really wild and put the Raptor 3.5 in it. while it won't have the v8 growl, it will have the performance it needs with the advantages of not being naturally aspirated when at elevation.

don't get me wrong, If the price is right on the 392 I may go back and purchase my 4th JLUR, but for now still looking at other options out there.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Of course I’m not suggesting people are doing THAT but that projected superiority ive been watching over there just got real modest
I think most people over there just don’t really care. The Bronco isn’t even out yet, and assuming this beast is around $70k, it will be right in Bronco Warthog territory. And according to one of my sources who has an inside scoop, the Bronco Warthog is designed to dominate the stock class at KOH as a benchmark. We’ll see if that comes to fruition or not, but the wrangler 392 is basically just a really cool platform for a $100k Jeep build. There are going to be approximately zero of these 392 wranglers that don’t end up on wontons/40’s.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
No Rock Track?
Forced painted top and flares?
Those are deal breakers for me.

They can keep the wheels, bumpers and lift too.

3.73 gears? Come on Jeep. Hopefully some of this changes.
Stoked to see Punk'n available though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

KSwilly

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys in Hellayella
Vehicle Showcase
Sheer speculation on my part, but wanted to get this in...

On all the other platforms with the 392, including the Durango, they've offered a Hellcat variety. I think this is the reason for not using the 5.7L engine.

I'm guessing a surprise Hellcat Wrangler announce in the Spring....

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I like what I am seeing....supposedly comes with a 2” lift but clearance specs shows 10.3” which is the same as a base Rubicon....I’m also surprised by the 33s.....was expecting more rubber. Love the engine seems like a desert runner rather than rock crawler....