Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
a big question for me is if this will be a model that will continue to be offered for a number of years (just based on where I am in my buying cycle)?

Also, I understand there is a model refresh due for MY22 - where 35s will be available from the factory (hopefully on this model too).

I have a 4 door due to kids and dog, but if this was ever available in a 2 door - absolutely no question this would be in my garage! Would be insane!!

Hopefully by the time I buy one you don’t have to have the color matched top and fenders, I just don’t like it. Nor the advanced safety group.

The actual big question for me will be the price, given how porked up,it is with options.

As a side note, for any business owners out there it looks like the weight of this thing puts it in the tax deductible category 🤫
I am positive this 392 is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

The cost of development and certification alone have to be huge.
Sponsored

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
Its a halo model - Jeep does expect to sell a huge number of these any more than Ram sells a huge number of Trex's vs the standard Ram. It drives traffic through the showroom.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Jeep better hope Ford doesn't throw a 5.0 V8 in Bronco at a reasonable price. I'd take that over this anyway.
I'm thinking this may have been a preemptive strike. Now FCA can claim Ford is reacting to them rather than the other way around.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep better hope Ford doesn't throw a 5.0 V8 in Bronco at a reasonable price. I'd take that over this anyway.
Ford’s gone full EcoBoost...

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Someone with more money than sense will buy this, will overestimate their skills, not understand physics or vehicle limitations and then end up sideways and wrecked.

It’s only a matter of time. Who’s it going to be?

That and how a buyer will jump on these forums and rant

“I just spent $85k for this car, it only has a few hundred miles on it, the steering wonders[sic], the engine knocks, the A/C is too loud, doesn’t cool fast enough and it’s at the dealer. Biggest regret purchasing. And Jeepcares don’t care.”

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
LOL that example rant is spot on.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You'd think. Since the Power Wagon and Raptor are about 55K I hope they'll keep it around that range. I doubt it though since something like the Hellcat Charger comes in at 67K. I don't think they care if they sell a bunch.
Are you quoting in pounds sterling...?

Last time I checked, Power Wagon and Raptor were well into 70k territory.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
You can get a new Vette for 60k so this has to come in around that...fingers crossed!
Nope. I have a brand new C8 and I'm still trying to convince my wife to trade in here 2020 JLUR for one of these.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Its a halo model - Jeep does expect to sell a huge number of these any more than Ram sells a huge number of Trex's vs the standard Ram. It drives traffic through the showroom.
^^^ this!

This 392 beast will keep market desirability for our lowly JLs alive and well.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Are you quoting in pounds sterling...?

Last time I checked, Power Wagon and Raptor were well into 70k territory.
LOL if you add options they are that high. That's base MSRP for both. The PW I was looking at before buying my JL was $65K. Which is why I expect this 392 to be 60-70K.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I am positive this 392 is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

The cost of development and certification alone have to be huge.
I hope so...as is it's hinges on pricing now (really just the differential between my 6 week old JLUR and this). The TC is disappointing, but...it's still pretty much turnkey to drop 37s on. I'd love if a dealer let me swap the TC from mine on delivery. Most Rubicons never go offroad...maybe someone wants selectrac...

Is skytouch top required? I don't want that.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
This is tempting, if it comes in around $70k. That's not much higher than the cost of a professional hemi swap with D60's and a 75 or 90 series 8-speed, which would be on top of the original vehicle cost. And I'm glad it comes with 33's. Less value to have to recoup in the second hand market.

I'd switch over my steering, suspension, wheels, and tires. Add a 2-speed Atlas t-case and 60's loaded with big brakes, ARB lockers, and 5.13's, and could still be under six figures.
Sponsored