Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
So, we received 4 free oil changes and tire rotations the first 2 years with the old plan. Is it still the same number, just spread out over 3 years?

Also, I always use the initial free oil changes, especially when they're synthetic. Our local dealer has always done it right and I check the oil level after I get back home.

I do my own tire rotations, though. The dealer either doesn't know or care to use the correct pattern for rotating and they tighten the lug nuts down WAY above spec.
What is the spec?
Sponsored

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
What is the spec?
130 ft lbs, although I was commenting mostly about when they used to do rotations on my old Chrysler. The spec on it was 95 ft lbs and I could not even break a lug nut free with an old torque wrench I kept as a breaker bar and had it dialed up to 150 ft lbs. Shortly after that I invested in an air compresser and started doing my own rotations.

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
130 ft lbs, although I was commenting mostly about when they used to do rotations on my old Chrysler. The spec on it was 95 ft lbs and I could not even break a lug nut free with an old torque wrench I kept as a breaker bar and has it dialed up to 150 ft lbs. Shortly after that I invested in an air compresser and started doing my own rotations.
Damn, no wonder you don’t trust them. I’m more worried about under-torque than over. I’ve seen too many people have wheels go flying off down the road.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
You got it backwards.

Sponsored

JBrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport
Vehicle Showcase
As a Canadian it'd be nice to get any free maintenance at all, especially after they try and make us pay the ridiculous prices they ask up here. Probably wouldn't use it though they've messed up or been unable to diagnose basically everything I've had them look at so far, except my broken sun visor

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler rubicon diesel
People will complain even about free stuff and hyperbole is truly an art form on the internet.

This is awesome. Wish I got it with my '18. I have my dealer change my oil and have never had a problem across half a dozen different vehicles and probably a couple decades of patronage. In an out in 20 minutes.
Agreed, seems kind of silly to complain about a free service, even if it's minimal. I just ordered an ecodiesel, free oil changes can alleviate some of the added price for the diesel.... That being said, I'm in Canada and I wonder if this offer is available here as well lol

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Wow, I just looked at some of the details on the official Jeep website about this new 3 year Jeep Wave. Yes, they extended it from 2 years to 3 years.

However, they reduced the number of free oil changes during those 3 years. Instead of 4 free oil changes in 2 years they now only give 3 in 3 years. Pretty slick marketing.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Wow, I just looked at some of the details on the official Jeep website about this new 3 year Jeep Wave. Yes, they extended it from 2 years to 3 years.

However, they reduced the number of free oil changes during those 3 years. Instead of 4 free oil changes in 2 years they now only give 3 in 3 years. Pretty slick marketing.
thats very interesting. I’m wondering if Jeep has found that “most“ of their customers only change oil 1x/year and therefore don’t use 2 out of 4 (or 1 of the 4) of the existing oil changes. For folks that put on fairly low miles, they will more than likely need to replace oil on more of a calendar cycle than a mileage cycle. If true, cutting one oil change but extending to 3 years would be a benefit to those customers.

Sponsored

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
They did it to benefit themselves. And save/make more money. Obviously. They had one formula for free maintenance. as soon as they extend it a year they change that , did they change the engineering of the vehicle ? No. Research has indicated that they make more “customer pay$” on their “free” maintenance by up selling a whole bunch of useless things. Now they get to take advantage of the customer for a whole extra year. The person who drives more mileage loses out on this deal.
Fake news Marketing to the masses

fczabala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR; X5
Clubs

They did it to benefit themselves. And save/make more money. Obviously. They had one formula for free maintenance. as soon as they extend it a year they change that , did they change the engineering of the vehicle ? No. Research has indicated that they make more “customer pay$” on their “free” maintenance by up selling a whole bunch of useless things. Now they get to take advantage of the customer for a whole extra year. The person who drives more mileage loses out on this deal.
Fake news Marketing to the masses
completely agree, they didn't add an extra year, they just cut 1 oil change / tire rotation.
Also, the extra year is another excuse/way to get people into the dealership to push non-covered
"recommended" maintenance.

I had a service "advisor" once recommend a brake fluid flush service at my 1st free oil change
service right at 5k miles :bandit: the sad part is there is people who actually go ahead and pay for it
without even looking at the owner's manual!

his reason was... it is recommended by the manufacturer to flush fluids often :facepalm:

36 month maintenance included kind of parallels BMW et. al., especially applicable to leased vehicles. Maybe European influence on FCA?

Before some of you snicker, what is Ford or GM offering? (However, you MAY, no you are ENCOURAGED to snicker at 2020 GM/Nikola maintance packages...) ;)
except bmw's 3 years of maintenance does include everything, even wear and tear items like pads/rotors, wheel alignments, etc, if it's "recommended" it's covered, there is some dealers that
even go out of their way and recommend extra stuff to charge headquarters back in Germany
:rock: lol

bdambrowski

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Altitude Edition
I just got my jeep yesterday. Went to the Mopar site and it states that my Jeep is not eligible for the Jeep Wave package. Anyone else seeing that?

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
I just got my jeep yesterday. Went to the Mopar site and it states that my Jeep is not eligible for the Jeep Wave package. Anyone else seeing that?
BS. All Wranglers and Gladiators qualify for as long as they were bought brand new. Used may not qualify. I’d get that checked if you bought the Jeep brand new.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
From past experience... sometimes takes a month or so for it to show up.
Sponsored