Sponsored

2021 Jeep Wrangler JL (2-Door) ORDER GUIDE

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Yes. Only? The non-etorque V6 is no charge. Burden it with all that extra crap and charge more for it.
But to get the non etorque you have to order a manual transmission.
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
if i'm reading this right. the 8 spd auto is $1500 for 2021. i paid $2000 for my 2019 sport. isnt it the same trans since 2018?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
if i'm reading this right. the 8 spd auto is $1500 for 2021. i paid $2000 for my 2019 sport. isnt it the same trans since 2018?
On the 2020 the automatic ended up at $2,750 and the 3.6/2.0 were no charge. For 2021 the auto is $1,500 but the 3.6 with it is also now $1,500 so $3,000. The 2.0 is no charge but the auto is $1,500.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
On the 2020 the automatic ended up at $2,750 and the 3.6/2.0 were no charge. For 2021 the auto is $1,500 but the 3.6 with it is also now $1,500 so $3,000. The 2.0 is no charge but the auto is $1,500.
thanks for clearing that up. i did see the 2020 model was charging $2750 for the auto. i'm wonder if fca is charging 1500 for the 3.6 is any indication that fca will drop the 3.6. i dont think so, but its kinda strange how they are pricing things.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for clearing that up. i did see the 2020 model was charging $2750 for the auto. i'm wonder if fca is charging 1500 for the 3.6 is any indication that fca will drop the 3.6. i dont think so, but its kinda strange how they are pricing things.
Don't think they will get rid of the Pentastar anytime soon, it is their corporate engine. The 3.6 non-eTorque with the manual is no charge. Hard to say how the accountants and marketing figure how/what to charge. Just like charging $245 for any color besides white.

Sponsored

TripleB

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ (Sold), 2013 JKUS (Sold), 2015 JKUR (Sold)
Thanks for clearing that up. Geez, they are really pushing that 2.0L. No eTorque on the 2.0L again?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey apologie

Hey nerubi - its a dead link. Apologies if these questions has been asked. I am getting a 2021 2 dr Rubicon (looking for pricing) - I am planning to drive mostly in the city and highway - should I be getting the FULL TIME 4WD system? I thought that with SUVS they automatically use AWD. Its a noob question and thanks :)
No, up until recently they have been rear wheel drive unless you shift into 4H. They recently added some what they call full time 4wd. There have been discussions of the pros and cons on the 4 door order guide, most of the posts are about it. Go the the start of that thread and read thru them or search for full time 4wd.

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
Hey apologie

Hey nerubi - its a dead link. Apologies if these questions has been asked. I am getting a 2021 2 dr Rubicon (looking for pricing) - I am planning to drive mostly in the city and highway - should I be getting the FULL TIME 4WD system? I thought that with SUVS they automatically use AWD. Its a noob question and thanks :)
I’m in the same boat as u. Let me know what u find out.

ChadTx

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to order 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door
No, up until recently they have been rear wheel drive unless you shift into 4H. They recently added some what they call full time 4wd. There have been discussions of the pros and cons on the 4 door order guide, most of the posts are about it. Go the the start of that thread and read thru them or search for full time 4wd.
Can u post a link? I’m horrible at finding stuff on here

Sponsored

yongming

First Name
yong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
They need to meet CAFE standards. Every mpg helps.
Is 2.0 really that bad at least for wrangler?

I have experience the 2.0 turbo engine with my alfa romeo stelvio and i really loved it.

Anyone who has experience 2.0 with wrangler?

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
Anyone who has experience 2.0 with wrangler?
Test drove one last fall. Most impressive performance of all Wranglers I've ever driven and I've driven every Wrangler model made including old flat fenders and the 304 V8 CJ 7. I cannot speak for a 6 speed with E-Torque as one was never available to try. The 3.6, base model did not impress me compared to the 2.0 with E-Torque.... Is the 2.0 worth the price? If money was no object for me I'd buy one. Money being no object means all future maintenance, repair, towing costs and the associated inconvenience would be of no concern. The electronic dependancy just to get one to run and stay running on the kind of terrain I drive scares the hell out of me. So, I opted for a much simpler and more built TJR at 1/5 the sticker price of the JLR I tried. The TJ's 6 speed manual and off the floor torque delivered by the 4.0 matches the 2.0 through 6th gear. However, 7th and 8th overdrive in the auto tranny coupled with the 2.0's impressive torque provide a freeway driving experience unknown in all other Wranglers. So, it amounts to how you intend to use and depend on your ride. My chances to successfully deal with a breakdown in the TJR once leaving the driveway are far greater than dealing with a breakdown in a JLR. A non running Jeep immediately cancels the benefits of all the "moderness", goodies and upgrades one can buy. Good luck with your JL.

Just learned the E-Torque 2.0 for 2021 has been dropped. So, perhaps a 2020 so equipped may be available for a good price. I hate the ESS forced on most if not all trim levels, ergo, keeping me out of the market. One poster in another topic area thought there are way too many Wrangler trims being offered. He suggested that FCA should offer only three trims: Sport, Sport SL and Sahara, or X, Sport, and Sahara. The Rubicon suspension and drive train should be offered as an option for all three trims. For me, that's the smartest idea I've ever heard. Unfortunately, FCA is too stodgy to adopt such common sense marketing and making for a streamlined buying experience.

Last edited:

yongming

First Name
yong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Test drove one last fall. Most impressive performance of all Wranglers I've ever driven and I've driven every Wrangler model made including old flat fenders and the 304 V8 CJ 7. I cannot speak for a 6 speed with E-Torque as one was never available to try. The 3.6, base model did not impress me compared to the 2.0 with E-Torque.... Is the 2.0 worth the price? If money was no object for me I'd buy one. Money being no object means all future maintenance, repair, towing costs and the associated inconvenience would be of no concern. The electronic dependancy just to get one to run and stay running on the kind of terrain I drive scares the hell out of me. So, I opted for a much simpler and more built TJR at 1/5 the sticker price of the JLR I tried. The TJ's 6 speed manual and off the floor torque delivered by the 4.0 matches the 2.0 through 6th gear. However, 7th and 8th overdrive in the auto tranny coupled with the 2.0's impressive torque provide a freeway driving experience unknown in all other Wranglers. So, it amounts to how you intend to use and depend on your ride. My chances to successfully deal with a breakdown in the TJR once leaving the driveway are far greater than dealing with a breakdown in a JLR. A non running Jeep immediately cancels the benefits of all the "moderness", goodies and upgrades one can buy. Good luck with your JL.

Just learned the E-Torque 2.0 for 2021 has been dropped. So, perhaps a 2020 so equipped may be available for a good price. I hate the ESS forced on most if not all trim levels, ergo, keeping me out of the market. One poster in another topic area thought there are way too many Wrangler trims being offered. He suggested that FCA should offer only three trims: Sport, Sport SL and Sahara, or X, Sport, and Sahara. The Rubicon suspension and drive train should be offered as an option for all three trims. For me, that's the smartest idea I've ever heard. Unfortunately, FCA is too stodgy to adopt such common sense marketing and making for a streamlined buying experience.
First, I appreciate for your comment.
The problem is I'm gonna buy 2dr manual jl and I believe 2dr manual is not offered with 2.0 turbo.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
The problem is I'm gonna buy 2dr manual jl and I believe 2dr manual is not offered with 2.0 turbo.
https://www.carindigo.com/news/2021...f-road-ability-features-and-rivals-comparison
What are the engine updates in the 2021 Jeep Wrangler?

2021 Jeep Wrangler is expected to retain engines in flavors of 2.0L turbocharged inline-4 with 270 hp and 295 lb-ft, 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 engine with 260 hp and 442 lb-ft and the top of the line 3.6L Pentastar V6 producing 285 hp and 260 lb-ft. The 3.6L V6 is also available in an eTorque version that uses a mild-hybrid tech for added low-end torque. All of these engines are coupled to either a standard 6-Speed Manual transmission or an optimal 8-Speed Automatic.

Yeah, It's confusing. I bet they meant optional rather than "optimal". I'd want to test a 2.0 standard, vs the Pentastar. The torque curve is very different between a V6 and straight 4.
Sponsored