2021 Jeep Wrangler 850RE Valve Body

Wenk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy Sport 4x4
Does anyone have the part number for the valve body for transmission 850RE?
Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Wenk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy Sport 4x4
Does anyone have the part number for the valve body for transmission 850RE?
Thanks.
I have a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy Sport 4X4. It has the 8-speed Automatic Transmission 850RE, coming to a stopped light, took my foot off of the brake it would not move, First thing I though was had something to do with the fuel economy button that turns engine off when stopped. Says shift to P then when I go into gear the “D” or “R” just blinks says put in park. Can’t even put it into neutral. engine light is on. Had it towed to dealer, Telling me it would be 45 days to get a valve body for the transmission. They only have one its in Maine, I said 45 days cant we next day air it. Then he comes back and says he doesn't know if it promised to another customer, MY jeep has 563 miles on it brand new. he then tells me if its not the valve body it might need to replace the transmission. I think this is lemon law. Love the jeep not to sure i want to even try another one at this time so mad, I will be there Tuesday to see what my options will be. So updated 1/27/2021 Called FCA the case worker I'm working with has been not answering my emails or phone calls. So someone at FCA had the pleasure of talking with me. I am still told they have no ETA of the part there's not one to be found, I had jeep at dealer since 1/15/2021 it has 563 miles on odometer. Part number they are looking for is 68408601AF. I sure hope none of you have this problem with your Jeeps 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willy sport 4x4. As I'm typing I just received this email, Good Morning Mr. Wenk I reached out to the dealer regarding the option to have valve body rebuilt and I was advised that is not possible. I do apologize for the hassle but due to unfortunate circumstances in todays environment the production facility had a delay with parts. I'm sure you can imagine just how many of not just our company but Toyota Ford all companies production facilities have been affected with the crisis. We are staying on top of this and will get the part to the dealer as soon as possible.

Sr.Robot92

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
I have a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy Sport 4X4. It has the 8-speed Automatic Transmission 850RE, coming to a stopped light, took my foot off of the brake it would not move, First thing I though was had something to do with the fuel economy button that turns engine off when stopped. Says shift to P then when I go into gear the “D” or “R” just blinks says put in park. Can’t even put it into neutral. engine light is on. Had it towed to dealer, Telling me it would be 45 days to get a valve body for the transmission. They only have one its in Maine, I said 45 days cant we next day air it. Then he comes back and says he doesn't know if it promised to another customer, MY jeep has 563 miles on it brand new. he then tells me if its not the valve body it might need to replace the transmission. I think this is lemon law. Love the jeep not to sure i want to even try another one at this time so mad, I will be there Tuesday to see what my options will be. So updated 1/27/2021 Called FCA the case worker I'm working with has been not answering my emails or phone calls. So someone at FCA had the pleasure of talking with me. I am still told they have no ETA of the part there's not one to be found, I had jeep at dealer since 1/15/2021 it has 563 miles on odometer. Part number they are looking for is 68408601AF. I sure hope none of you have this problem with your Jeeps 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willy sport 4x4. As I'm typing I just received this email, Good Morning Mr. Wenk I reached out to the dealer regarding the option to have valve body rebuilt and I was advised that is not possible. I do apologize for the hassle but due to unfortunate circumstances in todays environment the production facility had a delay with parts. I'm sure you can imagine just how many of not just our company but Toyota Ford all companies production facilities have been affected with the crisis. We are staying on top of this and will get the part to the dealer as soon as possible.
Hey Bud! I hope you were able to fix your jeep. The same exact thing happened to my 2 months old jeep willys edition.

emdoss01

First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I had this happen to me with only 544 miles on my JLUR. I guess there was a line not seated correctly when it was assembled?? I had come to a stop sign at the exit ramp off the highway when I was coming home from work. After the traffic cleared I went to go and it would not go. I thought I had bumped something, couldn’t figure out what was going on. I put it in park, put it back and drive nothing, put it back in park turned it off, turned it back on, put it in drive and it went maybe a foot. Eventually I was able to get it on the shoulder of the overpass. After that I got it maybe 175 more feet and it completely stopped and made a horrible noise. I had to have it towed to the dealership (which was 5 miles out of the allowance for the FCA roadside assistance so I had to pay $28.75 for the overage). Luckily I was able to get it back the next day, but now I am on edge every time I drive it because I don’t know if they truly fixed the problem. I’m going to schedule to take it to another dealership this week and have them take a look at it to make sure everything is truly OK. My dealership that I bought it from I have found out since is not really a reputable dealership. It’s Glenbrook Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat in Fort Wayne And every time I tell someone where I bought my jeep they refer to it as Glencrook.

Geezpnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I had a similar case with only 340 miles. They were able to replace the valve body, but when I got the jl back it sounded weird like a loud knocking noise coming from the engine. I then took it again and it took them almost a month to figure out It needed a new engine. Took them another month to get it replaced. Got the car back and now almost one year later I have 15000 miles. I do have the steering problem and I’m thinking of lemoning the car.
Sponsored