Sponsored

2021 Jeep Wrangler 80th Anniversary - Where Are They?

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
Greetings all,

I viewed a large dealership’s website yesterday evening looking for the Anny edition, in preparation of me wanting to build one soonest. Would love to see one b/4 I build one...

Not one was on the lot, out of 47 Wranglers!

Has anyone received an Anny edition yet?
Have I missed something? Is this a late MY build/availability?
If anyone has one, could u pls post pics of the exterior & interior 80 year Anny goodies?

Moderator: Will you create a separate 80 Year Anny Thread?

TY/Best/Cheers,
B
Sponsored

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I know I've seen the announcement, but am not seeing anything in the order guide. Am I missing it, or are these just not available to order yet?

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Using the search tool on the Jeep site, there are 118 80th Anniversary models within 250 miles of me. A lot of them are still in transit but there's still a fair number on dealer lots.

lordcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Greetings all,

I viewed a large dealership’s website yesterday evening looking for the Anny edition, in preparation of me wanting to build one soonest. Would love to see one b/4 I build one...

Not one was on the lot, out of 47 Wranglers!

Has anyone received an Anny edition yet?
Have I missed something? Is this a late MY build/availability?
If anyone has one, could u pls post pics of the exterior & interior 80 year Anny goodies?

Moderator: Will you create a separate 80 Year Anny Thread?

TY/Best/Cheers,
B
My dealer has a red one: https://www.adamsjeepofmaryland.com...p-Wrangler-80th+Anniversary-1C4HJXDNXMW560383

Not really all that impressive of an appearance package in my opinion.

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
I sold my 60th anniversary edition TJ to a co-worker last summer. He drives her to work everyday, still going strong. Still has the original soft top. My JLUR rides like a Denali compared to that TJ but damn, I miss that jeep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BenDiem

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation

jeepeta

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Unlimited 80th Anniversary
I received mine on Friday! ... and now it's broken at 200 miles. :(

I posted in a separate thread, but thought I would copy-paste here for visibility (I have the 2021 80th anniversary - diesel):

Purchased my car out of state. Flew to Las Vegas to pick up the car on Friday. I was driving the Jeep around the city during the weekend to do a break-in before heading back to Los Angeles. At mile 200 (Yes, TWO HUNDRED) I heard a mechanical pop then started hearing the rotational knock that OP described. The knock was only present when decelerating (foot off the pedal).
I took it to the dealership the Jeep tech said there was metal in the differential and recommends we replace the unit. It's covered under warranty, but just going to take 1 week minimum to repair.
I write this from the lobby of Desert 215 Superstore dealership as I wait .... it has not been a pleasant experience.

I'm just sitting tight in a hotel while I wait for an estimate on timing. Still waiting to hear back from 1) dealership on a definitive ETA and 2) FCA case manager.

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 12.15.04 PM.png

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
The 80th Anniversary edition is much more than an "appearance package". It's a Sahara with the 8.4" infotainment group disguised as a Sport S. For a Sport S price, rate, and residual, you get the Sahara bumpers, fenders, and wheels, 8.4" infotainment system, and auto trans standard. THEN you get the Anniversary goodies on top of that.

I said awhile ago this thing would be a lease king if dealers figured it out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BenDiem

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
I received mine on Friday! ... and now it's broken at 200 miles. :(

I posted in a separate thread, but thought I would copy-paste here for visibility (I have the 2021 80th anniversary - diesel):

Purchased my car out of state. Flew to Las Vegas to pick up the car on Friday. I was driving the Jeep around the city during the weekend to do a break-in before heading back to Los Angeles. At mile 200 (Yes, TWO HUNDRED) I heard a mechanical pop then started hearing the rotational knock that OP described. The knock was only present when decelerating (foot off the pedal).
I took it to the dealership the Jeep tech said there was metal in the differential and recommends we replace the unit. It's covered under warranty, but just going to take 1 week minimum to repair.
I write this from the lobby of Desert 215 Superstore dealership as I wait .... it has not been a pleasant experience.

I'm just sitting tight in a hotel while I wait for an estimate on timing. Still waiting to hear back from 1) dealership on a definitive ETA and 2) FCA case manager.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Wrangler 80th Anniversary - Where Are They? 1607460097565
wow!
Hate to see this...
Here is wishing you lots of good luck/good Karma coming your way. My vehicles are my babies, so I know how I would feel. This sucks!

Best to you,
Cheers & Happy Holidays,
B

OP
OP
BenDiem

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
My dealer has the new 2 Door Sahara... I mean 80th Anniversary...

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Wrangler 80th Anniversary - Where Are They? 1607460097565
Lol,
I agree. It’s a Sahara.
The only thing that sucks, you can’t get a color matched HT!

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
The 80th Anniversary edition is much more than an "appearance package". It's a Sahara with the 8.4" infotainment group disguised as a Sport S. For a Sport S price, rate, and residual, you get the Sahara bumpers, fenders, and wheels, 8.4" infotainment system, and auto trans standard. THEN you get the Anniversary goodies on top of that.

I said awhile ago this thing would be a lease king if dealers figured it out.
And what are these said goodies?

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
And what are these said goodies?
Special 80th anniversary seat fabric, berber 80th Anniversary floor mats, Matte Graphite exterior accents and badges, 80th Anniversary badges and tailgate plate. Basically, the "appearance package" part.
Sponsored