Sponsored

99ls1tj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK 2019 Ram 2500
I‘m very disappointed in the numbers. I’ve been tempted to cancel my order and go with the diesel, but it’s going to cost the same and no $7500 tax credit. All said and done, that’s a lot of money for fuel. I’m looking forward to the torque\hp numbers. At least they haven’t slashed those yet.
Sponsored

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
If this puppy pulls like the calculated hp/tq say it will, 20mpg will be pretty good I'd think! You're not gonna get that with the 392 -

Hopefully they are printing stickers as I type this & Jeep will release all those Wranglers sitting in holding lots. You Know they are costing the company a fortune, all that inventory just sitting there. March & April should see a good bump in sales numbers eh?

hisdigness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Sahara
If this puppy pulls like the calculated hp/tq say it will, 20mpg will be pretty good I'd think! You're not gonna get that with the 392 -

Hopefully they are printing stickers as I type this & Jeep will release all those Wranglers sitting in holding lots. You Know they are costing the company a fortune, all that inventory just sitting there. March & April should see a good bump in sales numbers eh?
I am hoping the same! Get them out to us!

Jonnie4xe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
49 MPGe works for me. Hopefully, the Volta free (!) level 2 chargers next to my office (10 mi commute) will allow me to rarely pay for gas or electricity. Ship it already!

Last edited:

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
49 MPGe works for me. Hopefully, the Volta free (!) level 2 chargers next to my office (10 mi commute) willow me to rarely pay for gas or electricity. Ship it already!
Chargers at my work are free to use also.

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
21 mile range on the big E is NOT going to get you to the nearest gas station in a lot of cases if you run out of gas on the trail.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Sorry, forgot it was supposed to appease the lunatic tree hugging sierra club morons.
Not sure what your talking about but it sure is appeasing the 375 horsepower 470 torque crowd....

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
I am somewhat disappointed in the numbers but honestly I am not buying this for gas mileage either. The electric is more for the wife and honestly will do most all of her daily driving on electric only. It will save money but then again when paying over 60k after taxes here in California it is nothing that will make any difference. With the rebate it is a few thousand cheaper than a comparable all gas rig, which is nice.

My biggest concern is this is a new concept. I think hybrids are the future but hope there are not too many growing pains with this version. I don't buy new cars often and tend to keep them for a long time. I do think the HP and torque are going to be awesome.

While I will happily accept the $7500, I do feel it is pretty dumb for the Government to put cars like this in that category. Honestly we are not gaining much, except a lot of power, in the form of emissions reductions with the 4xe.

Sponsored

TDangelo1219

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4Xe
Not sure how this will get worse mpg than the standard gas engines once the battery is depleted. That doesn’t make any sense. I can see the Hwy number falling a bit, but in city driving it will definitely do better. My Pacifica has proven that theory.
Not sure of all the testing procedures, but if any of these tests were done in colder weather that would affect the numbers. Oh well, just ship us the dang things already and let’s us find out ourselves. Each of us will have slightly different numbers anyway based on our driving habits and conditions. I don’t think we’ll be disappointed

TDangelo1219

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4Xe
I assume weight. The batteries add hundreds of pounds, which I am sure effect the mileage tests they do.
Same weight was added to the Pacifica. That’s why speeds of 70 mph + are worse, but in town driving it does great. I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t do better than 20 in town

Last edited:

TimnTexas

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Blackbear
Also consider Gearing is 3.73 instead of 3.45. Rubi doesn’t matter as it stays 4.10. But weight and wider 20” tires might have different rolling resistance

JLUR4xe

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 TJ SE, 2021 JLUR 4xe (ordered 2/2)
Some of the test data for the 4xe can be found here in the latest list:
https://www.epa.gov/compliance-and-fuel-economy-data/data-cars-used-testing-fuel-economy

Details about how vehicles are tested can be found at:
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/fe_test_schedules.shtml

There is also a linked document on the testing details page summarizing the testing process for EV and Hybrid vehicles.
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/pdfs/EPA test procedure for EVs-PHEVs-11-14-2017.pdf

I still have some reading to do to before I have a good understanding of all of the data but there seems to me that there is some information missing from the charge depletion testing for the 4xe. I am pretty sure there should be a value in the RND_ADJ_FE column for those tests based on looking at other vehicle test data.
Sponsored