AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Then you get a refund for $7500
This is not true. If your tax liability is over $7500, then you get the full benefit. If you only owe $4000 in federal tax, then the benefit of the credit is $4000. If you owe nothing, the credit does nothing.
Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
The $7500 rebate is dependent upon what your tax liability is prior to any refunds or payments from/to the government. If you have a pension, you very well may not qualify as you are not paying as much in taxes over the year. If I remember right, you need $12,000 in tax obligation to qualify for the rebate. In other words, many will qualify but not everyone. Many will qualify because the vehicle costs enough money that you would generally need income that causes over $12,000 in tax obligation.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
They still qualify. They just can't take advantage of the credit

That is kind of cutting hairs there. Does not do you any good if you can't take advantage.

And yes you have to have $7500 tax liability in the year you buy the car. It is not carried over.

GeneralKlinger

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XSE
Everyone qualifies for the $7500. Everyone
No... I don't. Did you read this entire thread? Already been through this. I don't pay enough in taxes to qualify. Don't mistake refunds for credits.

If Chrysler ever decides to pass along the $7500 as a cap cost reduction or something, I am game.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
No... I don't. Did you read this entire thread? Already been through this. I don't pay enough in taxes to qualify. Don't mistake refunds for credits.

If Chrysler ever decides to pass along the $7500 as a cap cost reduction or something, I am game.
If you are open to leasing, that would be great for you. Dealership said that is how they did the Pacifica and expects the same for this vehicle. I checked mid last week and they still didn't have lease information.

Sponsored

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
If you had a 10 mile commute, your commute costs would be less than $1 per day. It ain't the 4XE's fault that you chose to spend a minimum of 12.5 work weeks (500 hrs/40hr work week) a year sitting in a car instead of finding a job close to your home or a home close to your job.

In any case, if fuel economy is a concern for you and your commute, WTF are you driving a Wrangler? I have had CJs/Wranglers since I was 15 and I still see the stupidity of driving a Wrangler on a commute like that when a Model 3 or Prius will save you thousand of dollars per year.
If the housing market wasn't so expensive near work, I'd live closer... but when I can go an hour away and get twice the house for half the price. I tried driving a car for a couple years, I had an Accord Hybrid and I felt claustrophobic in it.

Right now I am commuting to work with a Cherokee (FWD 2.0T, 26mpg). I'm looking to trade in the Cherokee and sell an '01 Tacoma for a Wrangler/Gladiator.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Then you get a refund for $7500
no you absolutely do not

source: a guy that oversaw the handout of 59M in tax credits for solar last year alone

the easiest way to understand the tax credit is to think of it like a Costco gift Card. You have to shop there enough to use it or you get less of it

Last edited:

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
So whats the Hybrid rating after you used up the 22 miles of battery range?

I'm trying to find the benefit of the 4xe. I used the Calculators on Fueleconomy.gov... For me, my work commute is 150 miles (35k per year), I don't have access to 120/240 power at work. Reg Gas is $2.85, Diesel is $3.09, Elec is $0.062kWh.

My Fuel & Electric estimates are:
4xe = $4477
3.0T Diesel = $4150
2.0T = $4300
3.6 eTorque = $4500
where can you get gas for $2.85 from .... asking for a friend in CA 😢

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Depends on how you plan on driving it. If a lot of distance miles are being put on, I'd go with the diesel. I don't do a lot of distance trips, so my MPG is going to be a lot higher than what the EPA gives. Most of my driving is less than 20 miles.
Yep and that max regen button is going to be awesome in traffic and off-road. I think that will bring the city MPGe up quite a bit if you drive like me looking ahead instead of slamming on the brakes at every red light.

Sponsored

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
If the housing market wasn't so expensive near work, I'd live closer... but when I can go an hour away and get twice the house for half the price. I tried driving a car for a couple years, I had an Accord Hybrid and I felt claustrophobic in it.

Right now I am commuting to work with a Cherokee (FWD 2.0T, 26mpg). I'm looking to trade in the Cherokee and sell an '01 Tacoma for a Wrangler/Gladiator.
I get the high prices for houses. Houses around here, Sacramento, are crazy but nothing like the Bay Area. Unfortunately the pay is often a lot higher in Bay Area too. Lots of guys making very long commutes.

Sounds like you are set on a Jeep but man just the maintenance and depreciation with all those miles is going to be crazy.

JKU15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Gone up about $1 here in KY. since Biden won the election.
Well, we are seeing a big increase in demand now that we are hopefully coming towards the end of the pandemic - demand is up, but oil production is not, and this means that oil prices are pushed higher.

Not specifically saying you are claiming this is Biden's fault, but It's easy to blame a president for stuff like this. Realistically a President has very limited control over short term shifts in gasoline prices and those prices usually are set depending on global supply and demand. You could actually argue that rising gas prices are a positive sign of growing consumer confidence. 🤷‍♂️

Nixxxster

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD
The real question is do you still get the max Hp/Torque once the battery is depleted.:movember:

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
The real question is do you still get the max Hp/Torque once the battery is depleted.:movember:
See this thread, specifically this post https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-available-in-hybrid-mode.68355/#post-1439537

I'm no expert, but reading this forum has taught me that the battery is not allowed to be fully depleted, so you will always have the torque you need when you need it.(unless you are some crazy som beotch that drives like zombies are always on your tail). :)

And the often seen/referenced video, specifically at 4:30
Sponsored

Last edited: