Sponsored

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
I'm driving to Moab from PA and back so Ill give you guys stats.
Sounds great. If you get a chance write down some of your fill ups to compare to the trip computer. Most of them I have been around tend to be a little optimistic.

Oh and take lots of pictures for all of us stuck home. Congratulations.
Sponsored

Roverhi

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Series 2 88
Clubs

It looks like the EPA gas only figure is with a battery run down to '0' + reserve and possibly doing some charging of the battery reserve. Both the weight of the 4xE and charging the batteries will degrade mpg performance. As I see it, Hybrid mode runs all electric till the battery is at 0 + reserve. At that point the truck is just another 2.0 turbo pulling an extra 600# which hurts the gas mileage BUT an extra 100+ hp and torque available for short term use for rock climbing or impromptu red light drag races.

Apparently the main battery charges back up driving in the eSave all gas mode. It will be interesting to see what the gas mileage is on long trips if you switch out of Hybrid when the battery is drained to '0' and into eSave that will charge the battery back up in approximately 120 miles at 60 mph on the freeway and then run the tank dry for the remaining miles on eSave. That would be the scenario for a long trip where you could 'wheel' at the end.

All you early adopters that are getting your trucks have an awesome task getting the rest of us mpg figures in various kinds of use plus how the electric/gas marriage works out on the trail.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
One of the forum members with their Sahara feels it will be too inefficient when using the motor to recharge the battery compared to just putting gas in. If you want battery power at a trail, it could be worth the inefficiency. If you are going a ways, I wonder how much max regen will put back in if you are running e save without regenerating the battery through the motor constantly.
Sponsored