Sponsored

2021 Jeep with major paint issues (hardtop)!

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I would reach out to the dealer. If they give you the runaround then I would reach out to @JeepCares
I agree. Start with the dealer. Jeep's customer service department has an account on this forum. If you have any difficulties with the dealer, you can send them a message directly.

You should be able to get this issue resolved. Start by asking them to give you a replacement. They might have another one on the lot.

Let us know how it goes.

We all love Jeeps. However, we understand that FCA has quality control issues from time to time.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MyThirdJeep

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 JK
The paint on my 2019 is really good. That’s why I am an absolute freak about inspecting the vehicle when it arrives at the dealership...I don’t care how annoyed they are.
I am retired from FoMoCo, my guess is that it was either damaged at the plant and ended up at the plant body shop or damaged during transport and went through the dealership body shop.
while visiting assembly plants I saw many a new vehicle being fixed at the plant body shop from damage on the line.

If I were you, I would demand a new factory painted top Be shipped to the dealer and replaced. Ford would DSO special painted body parts to dealers All the time. The dealership will probably not want to do this since you’ve already taken delivery, but I would demand to get the zone manager involved and try.

you paid for a NEW vehicle...I would demand a new factory painted top.
Thanks for the advice. I’ll certainly use it when I take it in. The dealership just took delivery of the car on Friday so unlikely that they caused and repaired the damage in 24 hours. Probably occurred at the factory like you suspect.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
The dealership has every incentive to work with you to make this right. If it leads to a shop repair, they get the revenue and Jeep pays the bill (since it will obviously be under warranty). I would expect they'll be more than happy to help you make it right.

And if for some weird reason they aren't, just take it to a different CJD dealership. No reason a warranty repair needs to be handled by the dealership that sold the vehicle.

Sucks that you had this issue, but this should clearly be a warranty issue and should be resolved without too much effort on your part. And hey, it's still summer for a few more weeks, so just drop off the hard top for them to fix while you drive around topless for a while :like:

Modeldude

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
The paint on my 2019 is really good. That’s why I am an absolute freak about inspecting the vehicle when it arrives at the dealership...I don’t care how annoyed they are.
I am retired from FoMoCo, my guess is that it was either damaged at the plant and ended up at the plant body shop or damaged during transport and went through the dealership body shop.
while visiting assembly plants I saw many a new vehicle being fixed at the plant body shop from damage on the line.

If I were you, I would demand a new factory painted top Be shipped to the dealer and replaced. Ford would DSO special painted body parts to dealers All the time. The dealership will probably not want to do this since you’ve already taken delivery, but I would demand to get the zone manager involved and try.

you paid for a NEW vehicle...I would demand a new factory painted top.
Wise words, I should have been better at inspecting mine. It's a shame you have to treat a new Jeep like a used one at delivery but you have to.

I could see getting the top resprayed, but my hood with the painted hinges/ fastners and decal work, forget it. It will just come back with a differnt problem, or the Rubicon script crooked etc. And of course the rep looking at you like your an diot, because hey "it's a Jeep......."

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
Sorry for this to be my first post but the QC really sucks IMO. I have a hood that was spot corrected in the factory and then clear coated over. Clear is very good but the metal flakes in the Crystal Granite base go different directions in a couple of spots on the hood. Disapointing, give the cost of the Jeep but I think QC sucks everywhere these days. No one gives a shit.
I definitely have a chip or a spot in the hood that was spot corrected and it drove me nuts for the first few days of knowing about it.

Sponsored

Mtrctylarry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Wise words, I should have been better at inspecting mine. It's a shame you have to treat a new Jeep like a used one at delivery but you have to.

I could see getting the top resprayed, but my hood with the painted hinges/ fastners and decal work, forget it. It will just come back with a differnt problem, or the Rubicon script crooked etc. And of course the rep looking at you like your an diot, because hey "it's a Jeep......."
yes it is a shame! Just seems like Most People don’t take pride in whatever job it is they do anymore.
I really feel for this guy...hope they take care of him...

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Maybe this is why a lot of us with 2021s on order noticed they were in paint for several days. :idea:

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
No one painted the hardtop except FCA.
It seems your opinion of dealerships is fairly high. Some of us have a lot of experience with them.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6

Always buy off the lot so you can at least get a discount on what ever issue it has.

On a related note, can't wait to see how Jeep goes about with something like the 4xE when they can't get even a paint job right.

Modeldude

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Always buy off the lot so you can at least get a discount on what ever issue it has.

On a related note, can't wait to see how Jeep goes about with something like the 4xE when they can't get even a paint job right.
[/QUOTE]

Yep, problem is you don't see everything till your home...love is blind you know. :)

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
FCA appears to be in total denial of the “inconsistent” quality and crap customer service they provide.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
We all love Jeeps. However, we understand that FCA has quality control issues from time to time.
It’s more like “...FCA does quality control from time to time” :CWL:

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Welcome to the club! Just wait until the paint starts bubbling around the door hinges!
All seriousness though, hopefully the dealer and FCA make that right, no way it should have gotten past QC.

OP
OP

MyThirdJeep

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 JK
Welcome to the club! Just wait until the paint starts bubbling around the door hinges!
All seriousness though, hopefully the dealer and FCA make that right, no way it should have gotten past QC.
Been there, done that with my 2016. That was a whole other battle with Jeep. Fortunately it was resolved though.
Sponsored