Sponsored

jrhoads

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 Xtreme Recon Hydro Blue
getting more and more likely that mine flips. I think you are the first August date that I have seen confirm the flip.
I was hoping I was going to get lucky and keep the first VIN. But FCA, said Nope!
Sponsored

jrhoads

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 Xtreme Recon Hydro Blue
Mine is also a XR with GG and half door group

BeepBeepIssaJeep

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392 Xtreme Recon
I was hoping I was going to get lucky and keep the first VIN. But FCA, said Nope!
haha I will await notification order date 8/27 XR, GG, one touch, tow... I think that is it lol

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
The only potential good thing out of this is that they build the vehicles out of VIN order... meaning someone placing an intentional MY22 order with a VIN earlier than yours might not be built until after yours...

...but then again...

Last edited:

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Done. :)
Thanks for all your work on this!
Chapman put me at D1 now, with an est ship date of 10-26
I ordered 9/27, non XR, Sky and Gorilla glass only options.
JC still says I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly.
Who knows?
Seems really odd it would have moved that quickly with all that's going on.
It goes quick, I said the same thing, Tom wasn’t surprised he said they go fast. before you know it you’ll have a 392, like me.

Sponsored

JEEPGEEK

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Green 1975 J20, Sting Gray 2021 392XR
Thanks for everyone's support -

Rebel started the original list with VINs provided by those making the order.

Then I heard the Wrangler plant was doing 1000+ a week and I saw the numbers on Rebel's weren't adding up and I wanted to know why.
So I started a different list looking for every possible 392 VIN and was originally piggy-backing off of Rebel's list.
The Wrangler VIN pool is a potential 1 million VINs - 000000 thru 999999 ... that's a lot to go manually check every day and I eventually started automating the majority of the daily checks. I call this "brute force checking" as every potential VIN has to be checked against being a 392 or not, and those I find and verify are labeled as "Good VIN". I also determined there are at least 33 different Wrangler trims noted by the different VIN variants, so go figure that into the equation. Oh, and then when I realized Jeep was building vehicles out of VIN sequence I had to go back over previously checked potential number VIN groupings... total insanity!

While my list is partially automated, I also do a daily manual check on each of the VINs from Rebel's list, and these are noted with a name of the potential owner. These were also switched over to Good VIN on my public list (to protect the innocent) since the full VIN is also provided (versus just the last 6).

Up until recently, I did not populate color or state data until the buildsheet and windowstickers materialized, thus creating the "verified" state, and this is why some still appear to be missing data.

RED means not verified with a buildsheet or windowsticker
PURPLE means verified buildsheet only
BLUE means verified with both a buildsheet and windowsticker

I use the buildsheet to populate color and state and the windowsticker provides the MSRP.

Some VINs made it through to buildsheet only and then were either canceled or hidden - totally out of my control.

...and there you have it. :)

Thank you for all this and for providing the color break down that I had been curious of. I was surprised to see that Sting Gray is the second most popular color.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Welp! Dealership let me know today my 2021 VIN of 850902 was changed to 2022 100280 new order date is 10/4.
So they kinda kept your spot in line then? If you wanna call it a line. Seems more like a night club, where the bouncer selects who they want in.

Snellville392

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 740e; 2022 XC40 recharge (2); 2021 XC90 recha
Mine is also a XR with GG and half door group
you also have the lowest 22 vin I have seen so it does seem like they were assigned in order based on order date. I ordered 9/4 and am 000324. if so, there may be 200+ more orders before yours that are potentially going to get flipped.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you also have the lowest 22 vin I have seen so it does seem like they were assigned in order based on order date. I ordered 9/4 and am 000324. if so, there may be 200+ more orders before yours that are potentially going to get flipped.
Don’t get me excited, I want to get pushed now Vin 000001 sounds awesome.

Snellville392

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 740e; 2022 XC40 recharge (2); 2021 XC90 recha
Don’t get me excited, I want to get pushed now Vin 000001 sounds awesome.
hahaha they seem like the are lower based on the order dates but I have only seen a half dozen or so and it may be coincidence🤷‍♂️
it I had to wager though I would bet they grabbed everything after 8/15 for example and created vins. then based on the build days remaining and parts they are working their way back converting 21s to 22s in reverse order based on what they have time/parts to build. that could explain why I got bumped last week and you got bumped today but have a lower VIN.

Sponsored

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
The only potential good thing out of this is that they build the vehicles out of VIN order... meaning someone placing an intentional MY22 order with a VIN earlier than yours might not be built until after yours...

...but then again...
Should I be worried I don’t see my vin number anywhere on those lists? My last six are 852469. I ordered a white with xtreme recon. Thanks

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hahaha they seem like the are lower based on the order dates but I have only seen a half dozen or so and it may be coincidence🤷‍♂️
it I had to wager though I would bet they grabbed everything after 8/15 for example and created vins. then based on the build days remaining and parts they are working their way back converting 21s to 22s in reverse order based on what they have time/parts to build. that could explain why I got bumped last week and you got bumped today but have a lower VIN.
I haven’t been bumped yet. I fully expect it though, 7/29 order. The one couple posted their order which they placed in may was bumped to a 2022. I don’t think theirs a rhyme and reason the way they do things.

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr
I haven’t been bumped yet. I fully expect it though, 7/29 order. The one couple posted their order which they placed in may was bumped to a 2022. I don’t think theirs a rhyme and reason the way they do things.
I think they put all order numbers on lottery powerballs.
Then they just hit the button to pop up the next order to build.
Totally random.

SPRINKLES

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, 2001 TJ
When I ordered my '19 JLUR, I remember hearing they're built according to color. Much more efficient that way. Once they get a batch of say white, they build them... then they move on to another color and another color, which would explain the out of sequence VINs being built. If you ordered after they just moved on from your color, you could expect to wait longer than someone w/ a color ordered that's next in line.

rubiland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited 392
My window sticker shows up on Safari but not on Chrome yet. Also not on Crypto yet either.

Hopefully later this evening or tomorrow. Here's what Jeep said this evening!!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Rubicon 392 first Vin and order, build and delivery tracking list 1634695939993

VIN 812956
Sponsored