Sponsored

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Ok, one more dumb question. Thanks for putting up with me. If the XR Package is not on my build sheet ⬆, then it’s not there and won’t be, correct? Just wanted to be confident before I go to my dealer. Thanks again for your dedication to this.
Honestly, I know your heart set on the XR package. I would just buy this one and then re-order one with the XR package. They might not build 2022s there has been 0 confirmation yet. You shouldn’t lose much on trade and you can have a jeep while you wait. To answer your question if it’s not on your build sheet it won’t be on your Jeep.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Ok, one more dumb question. Thanks for putting up with me. If the XR Package is not on my build sheet ⬆, then it’s not there and won’t be, correct? Just wanted to be confident before I go to my dealer. Thanks again for your dedication to this.
Honestly, I know your heart set on the XR package. I would just buy this one and then re-order one with the XR package. They might not build 2022s there has been 0 confirmation yet. You shouldn’t lose much on trade and you can have a jeep while you wait. To answer your question if it’s not on your build sheet it won’t be on your Jeep.
[/QUOTE]

sadly, yes. If it's not on the BuildSheet then it's not on the vehicle.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
That’s why I went for a 392…expensive yes but will be valued if they only produce for one or two model years. Especially since the market is hot for used cars which only helps jeeps used value so now it’s a good time to get a new 392 for a good price and trade in the old Jeep.

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
That’s why I went for a 392…expensive yes but will be valued if they only produce for one or two model years. Especially since the market is hot for used cars which only helps jeeps used value so now it’s a good time to get a new 392 for a good price and trade in the old Jeep.
Yep, there are over 200,000 Wranglers produced each year. The 392 will amount to less than 3% of that production in 2021. No matter what anybody says that is not a money maker for Jeep. Heck, they did a price increase not long ago. I know some Wrangler folks that would like to have one but just can’t afford a 392. So you have people that can’t justify the price for a 392 or just can’t afford one. There is a very small market for a 392. Might just very well be some folks that end up not getting one if there indeed is no 2022. Then just think what the market value of a used one will be and what a person has to pay. There will be some that will be disappointed they had the opportunity to get one and passed! They are great vehicles without XR. I have 2 without XR package and we are very happy with them. Have one coming with XR pkg and it will be very interesting to compare them. I could honestly give a crap for the XR pkg though.

leakgator

First Name
Branson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Yep, there are over 200,000 Wranglers produced each year. The 392 will amount to less than 3% of that production in 2021. No matter what anybody says that is not a money maker for Jeep. Heck, they did a price increase not long ago. I know some Wrangler folks that would like to have one but just can’t afford a 392. So you have people that can’t justify the price for a 392 or just can’t afford one. There is a very small market for a 392. Might just very well be some folks that end up not getting one if there indeed is no 2022. Then just think what the market value of a used one will be and what a person has to pay. There will be some that will be disappointed they had the opportunity to get one and passed! They are great vehicles without XR. I have 2 without XR package and we are very happy with them. Have one coming with XR pkg and it will be very interesting to compare them. I could honestly give a crap for the XR pkg though.
I agree on all that, and the XR package isn’t the end all be all. I went overboard with my 2012 JK, and almost put a hemi in it, but convinced the wife this would be better, and it will be. But I was tired of modding it, juts because I did most of it myself and it took away family time. So part of the deal in getting this, was no modifications. I wanted a loaded Jeep with everything I could get. The 4.56 gears intrigued me and meant I could replace the 35s with 37s when they wore out. I know some of you have put 37s on the current non xr, but I just wanted that extra beef and gearing. Im torn as to what to do.
I really think they will make a 22, just based on the Instagram photo of the pink XR that you can’t even order yet. Im not calling the dealer until I know 22s are coming. I wish they tell us something!!

Sponsored

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
I agree on all that, and the XR package isn’t the end all be all. I went overboard with my 2012 JK, and almost put a hemi in it, but convinced the wife this would be better, and it will be. But I was tired of modding it, juts because I did most of it myself and it took away family time. So part of the deal in getting this, was no modifications. I wanted a loaded Jeep with everything I could get. The 4.56 gears intrigued me and meant I could replace the 35s with 37s when they wore out. I know some of you have put 37s on the current non xr, but I just wanted that extra beef and gearing. Im torn as to what to do.
I really think they will make a 22, just based on the Instagram photo of the pink XR that you can’t even order yet. Im not calling the dealer until I know 22s are coming. I wish they tell us something!!
4.56 gear install is much cheaper than $3995 XR pkg!

Just a crap shoot on a 22! It’s a gamble!

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pink 392 XRs are orderable. I think the window on getting one is closing though.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh wow, I didn’t know that! I can’t order one on the website. Not that I would, but there isn’t that color option for the 392, or the gecko
The 392 doesn’t come in gecko unfortunately. Only the dealer can order tuscadero, Jeep hasn’t put it on their site. I’m pretty sure it’s a very limited run.

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’m very curious too, I plan on putting my own tires and wheels later…maybe have the dealer order 4.56 later too. XR wasn’t available at the time when I order (and checked on Jeep.com)

mando9595

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Just got the call from my dealer. They were told as of October 1st they will not be accepting Friends and family or Supplier discounts for the 392 wranglers. Here is to hoping my estimated delivery date of the 27th is correct 🍻. I ordered the XR package since I was able to secure the F&F discount. Now the XR package is the reason why I probably will not end up with the discount :/

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got the call from my dealer. They were told as of October 1st they will not be accepting Friends and family or Supplier discounts for the 392 wranglers. Here is to hoping my estimated delivery date of the 27th is correct 🍻. I ordered the XR package since I was able to secure the F&F discount. Now the XR package is the reason why I probably will not end up with the discount :/
What dealer? I know it sounds redundant, but why not paper the vehicle on sept 30th wether it’s delivered or not.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Which dealership? Mine has changed 3 times starting with 8/25 - 9/8 to 9/12 - 9/24
Sponsored