Sponsored

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I have a feeling my dealer is going to do the same thing since we agreed on MSRP. I may try to ask if they can honor the original price but I’m not gonna make a big stink out of it. I’m just happy to be getting it.
Agree. I see the dealer's point. I'm more upset at Jeep for not honoring ordering price on the window sticker, but most (all?) car manufacturers do similar unethical moves and then leave the dealers and consumers in these situations...fighting for dollars.
Sponsored

Last edited:

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Agree. I see the dealer's point. I'm more upset at Jeep for not honoring ordering price in the window sticker, but most (all?) car manufacturers do similar unethical moves and then leave the dealers and consumers in these situations...fighting for dollars.
Yeah I wish I would’ve taken delivery a few weeks ago and not have to pay the $700. The world is in such a Mayham right now that problems like this make me feel blessed :)

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Agree. I see the dealer's point. I'm more upset at Jeep for not honoring ordering price in the window sticker, but most (all?) car manufacturers do similar unethical moves and then leave the dealers and consumers in these situations...fighting for dollars.
Tell your dealer you want to speak with the after sales rep. Your vehicle took 5 months to be built and delivered. I’ve seen people order regular rubicon’s and they took delivery in 5 weeks. This was after you ordered yours so no covid excuses.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Tell your dealer you want to speak with the after sales rep. Your vehicle took 5 months to be built and delivered. I’ve seen people order regular rubicon’s and they took delivery in 5 weeks. This was after you ordered yours so no covid excuses.
That's an option. I'm still debating how much time and effort I want to invest in this. Trying to cool my head and be strategic in my approach. Sometimes a few letters do the job. We'll see.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
That's an option. I'm still debating how much time and effort I want to invest in this. Trying to cool my head and be strategic in my approach. Sometimes a few letter do the job. We'll see.
Idk, would you want to try and plead your case (which is strong) with someone to save $700? I would, then if you still don’t get it at-least you got to bitch out a FCA pee on. Honestly your rig should of been built and delivered a while ago. The dealer rep has the power to tell them to sell it at the original price. They won’t do it on their own they need permission from daddy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
🤬

Spoke to sales manager about the window sticker having the increased price ($695 more now than when ordered on 4/6). I have my vehicle order sheet with original (lower) price. The response was that the dealer has no say in the MSRP price and this can change without notice. Presented the case that this increase in price occurred after my 392 was built and while waiting for a train. He insisted we agreed on MSRP and this is the MSRP dictated by Jeep.

Jeep chat - "any price related issue is to be discussed with the dealer."

Ugh. I get it was not my dealer increasing the price. It was Jeep. The solution would be to have Jeep revise the window sticker. Is that even possible?

I know some may think, be happy you have a 392 and just pay up. I get that as well, but it almost feels unethical...not so much by my dealer (they've been great through the process), but by Jeep.

Anyways, just sharing my experience. I hope the rest of you get your dealer to honor vehicle order price.
The window sticker online is not accurate. the window sticker on your sold order, should, and i believe will, reflect the price at time of order and also have "built especially for xxxx" on it.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
The window sticker online is not accurate. the window sticker on your sold order, should, and i believe will, reflect the price at time of order and also have "built especially for xxxx" on it.
I hope you are right. That would make much more sense to me.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
8/9 update as of 2250 CST -

Checking for new WindowStickers and/or BuildSheets...

Still seems like Jeep is doing something odd again -
...still not seeing many new BuildSheets... mebbe I'm not looking in the right place...

(They might be configuring the assembly line to support the new Xtreme Recon (?) - dunno yet but we should start to see an increase in the BuildSheets...)

5 new VIN(s) found with both WindowSticker(s) and BuildSheet(s):
729493 sting gray
782833 hydro blue
783146 black
783165 hydro blue
785503 bright white

1 new VIN(s) with BuildSheet(s) only:
707063 firecracker red

4 VIN(s) received WindowSticker(s):
732871 black
761690 granite crystal
761712 hydro blue
761730 snazzberry

...still searching for that FIRST hydro blue...
earliest hydro blue VIN I see so far is 634109

Tracking a total of 3473 VINs
for the MY 2021 392

rubiland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited 392
First jeep since I built a 1979 Jeep CJ5 Silver Anniversary in 1996. Feels like it might take just as long to get this one, the sand dunes close in November, fingers crossed.
Welcome to the struggle! I'd say I hope your build goes really fast but then you would be in front of me, so I won't. Anyway, good luck and welcome to the party!

Sponsored

Rscx4

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
An almost identical build here in Tampa, day 88, no end in sight. 762563

Godot

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Misc.
I just got "the call", going in a 5PM to pick her up.
05/08 order, 761850 VIN,
SOT, GG, Tow, Front Cam.
Congratulations. 3month wait is sooo fast compared to a lot of 8 and 9 month waits. They still have some Nov. 19th orders to get done. You are lucky!!!
I just waited 6 months, lucky too.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Congratulations. 3month wait is sooo fast compared to a lot of 8 and 9 month waits. They still have some Nov. 19th orders to get done. You are lucky!!!
I just waited 6 months, lucky too.
Thanks man, 3 months felt an eternity (first world prob) I can’t imagine waiting 6 or more. I feel lucky for sure !
Sponsored