First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Jeep chat says mines in storage so I stopped in and spoke with the GSM at my dealer who stated that his regional rep called yesterday to inform them that there is a nationwide shortage of available rail cars and that it would most likely result in delays on vehicle shipments brand wide.
Smells like BS to me...
Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Ugh! My 492 has a ship date of 7/21. This new information makes me doubt it now. We'll see.
I would also doubt a 492... :)

jlusmc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ Rub, 68 CJ5, 47 CJ2A, 42 MB, 19 F-250
Occupation
Criminal Case Auditor
Smells like BS to me...
Honestly hope you are right. I feel like an actual shipping delay would result in a longer wait than some simple dealer BS. Maybe someone following this thread with inside info can or will shed some light on this.

Sponsored

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I would also doubt a 492... :)
Now I want a 492. Lol. If Jeep makes it, remember I gave them the idea.

My phone...let's see if it can type 392. Ok. It was me.

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
Now I want a 492. Lol. If Jeep makes it, remember I gave them the idea.

My phone...let's see if it can type 392. Ok. It was me.
I almost canceled my order. Would have got a 492 with ER and GG. I think mine is on the rails. Was scheduled to load last week.

Last edited:

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
7/17 update as of 2115 CST -

(early night again tonight)

No changes to the current list of KNOWN VINs...

Checking for new WindowStickers and/or BuildSheets:

0 VIN(s) found with both WindowSicker(s) and BuildSheet(s):

0 VIN(s) found with BuildSheet(s):

0 VIN(s) received new WindowSticker(s):
(tracking 118 VINs already with BuildSheets waiting for a WindowSticker!)

Tracking a total of 2844 VINs
for the MY 2021 392

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
We've all heard of Christmas in July... Who knew it was real?! Santa brought me this last night. It took 197 days from order til delivery, but it happened... 735441
Life is good.
:jk: 😍 🕶

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Rubicon 392 first Vin and order, build and delivery tracking list 392Rubicon3

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Rubicon 392 first Vin and order, build and delivery tracking list 392Rubicon3
That red is really sharp... Congrats and have fun trying to stay off the gas for the first 500 miles :)

Sponsored

BobT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2013 Dart
Just received this. Some news is better than nothing...
Update: Your Jeep Wrangler 392 is currently Scheduled – All of the materials needed to start the manufacturing build process have been received and the vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

We show your order presently has an estimated production plan timing for either the week of July 26th or the week of August 2nd. Please keep in mind, this timing is estimated and can be subject to change.

I am quite pleased.
November order, VIN in June.

jlusmc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ Rub, 68 CJ5, 47 CJ2A, 42 MB, 19 F-250
Occupation
Criminal Case Auditor
Just received this. Some news is better than nothing...
Update: Your Jeep Wrangler 392 is currently Scheduled – All of the materials needed to start the manufacturing build process have been received and the vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

We show your order presently has an estimated production plan timing for either the week of July 26th or the week of August 2nd. Please keep in mind, this timing is estimated and can be subject to change.

I am quite pleased.
November order, VIN in June.
Welcome to "D1" status!! Hang in there, it's about to get exciting again.
Here's a breakdown of mine so far to compare against time wise...... it took mine 2.5 weeks to get from D1 to Paint (F) then 2 days to get thru inspection and to the body vendor. I'm currently at 28 days from D1 and listed in shipping storage supposedly waiting on a rail car. No idea how the week long shutdown impacted those numbers if at all since I was past the main factory when the shutdown began.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
7/18 update as of 2115 CST -

(early night again tonight and looking forward to tomorrow!)

No changes to the current list of KNOWN VINs...

Checking for new WindowStickers and/or BuildSheets:

0 VIN(s) found with both WindowSicker(s) and BuildSheet(s):

0 VIN(s) found with BuildSheet(s):

0 VIN(s) received new WindowSticker(s):
(tracking 118 VINs already with BuildSheets waiting for a WindowSticker!)

Tracking a total of 2844 VINs
for the MY 2021 392

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
Got this voicemail from the dealer today.
"I have a beautiful black 392 that just arrived off of a truck today. I'm gonna get it into service tomorrow morning to get the pre delivery inspection completed. Make sure everything's working and running wonderful."
Super excited but disappointing that I am on vacation. I wanted to see it come off the truck. It's going to be a long few days until I return home. After waiting so long I am in a bit of disbelief that it is actually here. Ordered 4/9, 100 days..

Last edited:

Wsanto

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW alpine B7
Got this voicemail from the dealer today.
"I have a beautiful black 392 that just arrived off of a truck today. I'm gonna get it into service tomorrow morning to get the pre delivery inspection completed. Make sure everything's working and running wonderful."
Super excited but disappointing that I am on vacation. I wanted to see it come off the truck. It's going to be a long few days until I return home. After waiting so long I am in a bit of disbelief that it actually here. Ordered 4/9, 100 days..
All’s good and everything you went through is water under the bridge when you see it and start it and hear it and drive it.

I see it all the time with laboring women. No matter how much pain they endure during labor, not to mention 9-months of pregnancy, all’s forgotten after they hold that baby. Thankfully they are willing and often excited to do it again…

It’s the same with expectant 392 owners. Even after all I went through I’m a little excited to maybe get to do it again. My wife has 392 envy and wants to sell her 2020 Rubicon and upgrade to the 392…
Sponsored