Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I personally do not want my vehicle to be build during long weekends.......
I wonder about vehicles built during covid and quality control. The lines stop and go as parts are made available. The flow and cadence of the line is interrupted. I have to wonder if that has any affect on quality?

For example Ford has tons of pick up trucks partially assembled waiting for parts in lots. They install the missing parts as they get them.
Sponsored

Kevin1269

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 canyon
to be honest i dont want my jeep to get partially built and sit on a lot waiting months for parts. when covid started last year they made us bring work trucks home and go straight to work from home so i basically didnt drive my personal vehicle much at all but 2 times a week i would start it and drive around the block to move all the parts and fluids. i would imagine all them ford trucks got parts not getting lubed and are rusting in places unseen because of it. not to mention an unmoved vehicle gets critters living in them chewing on wires and what ever else they find tasty

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Last edited:

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
UAW Newsletter shows May 31 2021 as a holiday.

DMFetter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Its on the way. Heres the recap:

Ordered 11-30-2021
D1 on 4-20-21
Back to D on 5-17-2021
D1 again on 5-20-2021
Frame on 5-25-2021
Paint on 5-26-2021
On 5-26-2021 thru 5-27-2021 I went through all the other stages, including the install of the Hinge Gate reinforcement and Jeep Chat told me at 8 PM Pacific Time, I have been released to shipping and the vehicle is enroute to the dealer. I figured the installation of the Hinge Gate Reinforcement would hold things up a day or two. Apparently not. So shipped out today, I'll update you when it arrives in Las Vegas train yard.
Probably on the same train as mine. They told me eta on the 14th.

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
FOUND ANOTHER vin - 699780 - (sting gray) is inbound to my dealer as allocation #5.
My order is allocation #6.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
@REBEL JT What percentage of builds do you see with the half doors?

im about to pull the trigger and can’t decide!

am I correct that they fill the car up so much on delivery you can’t fit a passenger in, as planning a road trip back from pick up?

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
5/29 update as of 1330 CST -

Checking for a new WindowSticker or BuildSheet:

0 VIN(s) received new BuildSheet(s):

6 VIN(s) received new WindowSticker(s):
703548 (snazzberry)
710721 (white)
721922 (gray)
722031 (green)
735205 (gray)
737215 (black)

(I think these were leftover from the previous day since I did check and post early.)

Tracking a total of 1040 VINs for the 392 and increasing everyday!

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
I think I went back to D from D1. On the 15th I got a print out of the POC confirming D1.
On the 27th I confirmed with Chat " I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.
Today Chat says "I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build." the same as before the D1 on the 15th. Disappointed but expected.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
People buy Wranglers out of state all the time. Many on this forum. Dealers who are telling you they need to sell locally are probably selling them out from under you to someone else for more money?

Post the dealers so forum members know to avoid them.
Yup. Prior to my 392, my last three purchases were all out of state. They were all high demand vehicles too. Total BS.

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
@REBEL JT What percentage of builds do you see with the half doors?

im about to pull the trigger and can’t decide!

am I correct that they fill the car up so much on delivery you can’t fit a passenger in, as planning a road trip back from pick up?
Hey there, I drove mine home with the giant half door box in the back. It is massive! I would say that yes, it can be done, but the seats were pretty far upright, (it felt like nearly a 90 degree angle, and I was not able to lean them back at all), so depending on how long you have to drive, I could see that getting pretty uncomfortable for a long journey.
(Ours was only about 45 minutes.)

I would also mention that there is absolutely ZERO room to put anything else back there, because the box(s) literally take up every inch, since they go from side to side, and top to bottom, and there is expandable foam padding stuffed into all the nooks and crannies to keep everything stable during transport. My dealer couldn't even find a place to stuff my Mopar all-weather floor mats, we had to put them on the front passenger seat. I wouldn't take anything with you that can't comfortably fit under the passenger's legs for the journey home.

Hope that helps you make up your mind! Good luck!

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
I'm waiting on 2022 392 Wrangler info before placing my order. Hopefully I know something real soon.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Hey there, I drove mine home with the giant half door box in the back. It is massive! I would say that yes, it can be done, but the seats were pretty far upright, (it felt like nearly a 90 degree angle, and I was not able to lean them back at all), so depending on how long you have to drive, I could see that getting pretty uncomfortable for a long journey.
(Ours was only about 45 minutes.)

I would also mention that there is absolutely ZERO room to put anything else back there, because the box(s) literally take up every inch, since they go from side to side, and top to bottom, and there is expandable foam padding stuffed into all the nooks and crannies to keep everything stable during transport. My dealer couldn't even find a place to stuff my Mopar all-weather floor mats, we had to put them on the front passenger seat. I wouldn't take anything with you that can't comfortably fit under the passenger's legs for the journey home.

Hope that helps you make up your mind! Good luck!
Thanks!

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
I'm waiting on 2022 392 Wrangler info before placing my order. Hopefully I know something real soon.
I'm starting to see dealers advertise model year (MY) closeout sales, so MY 2022 is getting close.

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
I think I went back to D from D1. On the 15th I got a print out of the POC confirming D1.
On the 27th I confirmed with Chat " I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.
Today Chat says "I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build." the same as before the D1 on the 15th. Disappointed but expected.
I regressed to D from D1 after nearly 30 days. Apparently you can't be in D1 more then 30 days so seems like they regress you to D. However, once I went back to D1 after 2 or three days in D things moved rapidly. So hang in there. Your nearly done...
Sponsored