Sponsored

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I ordered 3 days after you and at the same stage although Chat didn't reference 5th stage. As far as I know I went pending when ordered, then passed edit, now scheduling gatthering/scheduling parts phase. The 3rd stage I have seen unless assigning a VIN is a stage then its 4 unless I missed a few.
I decided to contact my sales manager and he told me mine is now in "D" status according to his system.
Sponsored

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
I decided to contact my sales manager and he told me mine is now in "D" status according to his system.
byhumba - mine did too! interesting since ours were same day orders as I recall, just opposite sides of the country.

this seemed particularly odd to me since this past Saturday, Jeep Chat nor Jeep Customer Service could find my VIN or VON in their system. I was told they were escalating my case to a ‘brand manager’ and I would be contacted by tomorrow. No call yet.

is there an average time to go from D to D1? I think I already know that answer ...

I have zero faith or expectation going to D now given all that’s happened so far.

On the upside, I did have half doors added to my order last week and they are on the new D Status POC the dealer sent me today.
T

VIN 736065

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
byhumba - mine did too! interesting since ours were same day orders as I recall, just opposite sides of the country.

this seemed particularly odd to me since this past Saturday, Jeep Chat nor Jeep Customer Service could find my VIN or VON in their system. I was told they were escalating my case to a ‘brand manager’ and I would be contacted by tomorrow. No call yet.

is there an average time to go from D to D1? I think I already know that answer ...

I have zero faith or expectation going to D now given all that’s happened so far.

On the upside, I did have half doors added to my order last week and they are on the new D Status POC the dealer sent me today.
T

VIN 736065
Very interesting. Jeep chat couldn't find my info over the weekend either. I was advised to contact Jeep through their email service instead. I did. Got the "Currently all of the materials that are necessary to build your Jeep Wrangler are being received" message back. That's why I decided to follow up today.

Glad you were able to add the half doors. Great choice! They are valuable.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Rubicon 392 first Vin and order, build and delivery tracking list 1621301611068

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler

Ronin-go

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 1968 GMC stepside, 2009 G8
Last week I put a deposit on an existing dealer order for a Sarge Green 392. Here are my details:

VIN: 721910
DATE ORDERED: 2020-11-19 2:05 PM

Model: Sales Code Description
JLJX74 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Package: 27X Customer Preferred Package 27x
Paint/Seat/Trim PGG Sarge Green Clear Coat
XNY Integrated Off-Road Camera
AJS Dual Door Group
Non Equipment: 573
Special Equipment: 99752A

Hopefully, now that the order is associated with an actual customer, some progress will be made.

Sponsored

Firewater

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LJ
All most exactly 6 months from my order date, vin 710718 had made it to the train yard in Las Vegas hopefully it will make to dealer in the next couple days 🤞

Sssuperdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392, 69 SS/RS Camaro, 2023Yukon
Autonation has their own inventory on their website. not showing in autotrader, about 40 or so 392s.

https://www.autonation.com/cars-for-sale?cnd=new&dst=-1&mk=jeep&md=jeep^^^wrangler&trm=jeep^^^wrangler^^^unlimited rubicon 392
Thanks for posting the link. Unfortunately the north Texas and Colorado locations are adding a $10k up charge to the MSRP. The Arizona location had no add, and actually had a reduced MSRP by $3k BUT the unit advertised was already sold.

I did luck out and took over a build that someone cancelled yesterday so thank you again Super Mike for posting!

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
Ok. So, My experience is that I had a dealership that was allocated 10 of the 2021 392 builds and I was number 9. It was a good order and got VIN 4 months after order placed. Jeep chat said that all with VIN will be built, but then JEEP communicated to dealership manager to only giving dealership 4 of 10 allotted 2021 orders. The dealership knew they were doing builds for various locations 4 at a time, but Jeep ended at 1st 4 builds (that are currently on the way there)... the other 6 will be built late in year and be 2022 model.
Your experience is that it was not an allocation, but you have a scheduled build date? How does that happen? I have an allocation and never got a build date (ordered 5 months ago). If JEEP is not fulfilling all of their VINed allocations, then why would they schedule a build on a non-allotted order? None of this makes any sense. My dealership only got build date of the first 4 of 10 allocated orders. How many was the dealership allocated to start with? It only makes sense if they were allocated less than 4 and you jumped in is what I'm guessing...?
What are your thoughts? What city did you order from?
I'm not throwing hate, but am SUPER confused because that doesn't make sense. I'm telling people you can have a VIN with an order from last year, but it may not actually get built. You are suggesting you can order from somewhere that has no remaining allocations, but you will get it???
Wonder if they are just telling you that in hopes you give up and they can sell your order at a premium...hum I ordered 1/26, been in D1 for more than 30 days but no one is saying it won't move forward... vin 700116...

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
FINALLY! In D1 with estimated ship date of 04JUN21!!! Woot, woot! It's been a long road.

Ordered 23NOV20 - Sting Gray, power top, off-road camera, tailgate reinforcement, and tow package - 735273 (one of the "80" that reverted from D to BX to BG to BX and now to D1).

That's wild.. you should have your jeep by now... but glad yours if finally making progress.. I have been stuck in D1 for about 40 days and counting...ordered 1/26 Interesting VIN number you got... you ordered long before me but got a VIN far after mine which is 700116... strange maybe they use a random number generator to issue the VINs :)

Sponsored

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
# 736063 got a build sheet on the 14th and a window sticker today (17th), so we are very close!
go figure... you are 736063 and I am 700116 and stuck in D1.. no build sheet, no sticker... chat says parts have been received and just waiting to be scheduled... wierd...

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
go figure... you are 736063 and I am 700116 and stuck in D1.. no build sheet, no sticker... chat says parts have been received and just waiting to be scheduled... wierd...
Mine is 736077. I referenced 736063 because it is so close to mine and @Comac90 's (736065). 736063 already has both, build sheet and window sticker, and we are still in D status with neither of those. He is in the East Coast and I'm in the West coast. We ordered on the same day.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer

T

VIN 736065
I also successfully added half doors and gorilla glass to my order and was confirmed D status... go figure... vin 735268 ordered on 11/23/20, received vin on 4/9/21

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
That's wild.. you should have your jeep by now... but glad yours if finally making progress.. I have been stuck in D1 for about 40 days and counting...ordered 1/26 Interesting VIN number you got... you ordered long before me but got a VIN far after mine which is 700116... strange maybe they use a random number generator to issue the VINs :)
Question about your experience being stuck in D1 ... what was your original ship date and does it just keep moving? Or, did the ship date just come and go they not give an update?

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
Thanks for posting the link. Unfortunately the north Texas and Colorado locations are adding a $10k up charge to the MSRP. The Arizona location had no add, and actually had a reduced MSRP by $3k BUT the unit advertised was already sold.

I did luck out and took over a build that someone cancelled yesterday so thank you again Super Mike for posting!
Which one did you get? last 6 of vin?
Sponsored