Sponsored

S3ndMe392

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL, 2019 Jeep JL, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
It's even tougher when you see people who ordered after you (like Feb, March & April) get D1 and delivery before you when you ordered 11/20/20! Mine is NOW built but it still hasn't shipped...
Yep. Mine was right there with yours in paint. Apparently there was an issue that needed fixed with mine and it still hasn't left paint yet. I guess it's better for it to be fixed now then find it later, but it's frustrating.
Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
FINALLY! In D1 with estimated ship date of 04JUN21!!! Woot, woot! It's been a long road.

Ordered 23NOV20 - Sting Gray, power top, off-road camera, tailgate reinforcement, and tow package - 735273 (one of the "80" that reverted from D to BX to BG to BX and now to D1).
Bout time you finally got some good news, Congrats man!

boxs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BMW X4M Comp, 21 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Done working!
FINALLY! In D1 with estimated ship date of 04JUN21!!! Woot, woot! It's been a long road.

Ordered 23NOV20 - Sting Gray, power top, off-road camera, tailgate reinforcement, and tow package - 735273 (one of the "80" that reverted from D to BX to BG to BX and now to D1).

Good deal!! Mine has been the same route (back and forth) and is now scheduled for 5/21. My VIN is just behind yours 735334. Good luck - hope it happens.....

Godot

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Misc.
I ordered on 4/9. Stopped by the dealer on Thursday and it was in BX. Today Chat states as of 5/14 I got my VIN and is in the scheduling stage, copy paste bla bla. This is not a dealer allocation.
Ok. So, My experience is that I had a dealership that was allocated 10 of the 2021 392 builds and I was number 9. It was a good order and got VIN 4 months after order placed. Jeep chat said that all with VIN will be built, but then JEEP communicated to dealership manager to only giving dealership 4 of 10 allotted 2021 orders. The dealership knew they were doing builds for various locations 4 at a time, but Jeep ended at 1st 4 builds (that are currently on the way there)... the other 6 will be built late in year and be 2022 model.
Your experience is that it was not an allocation, but you have a scheduled build date? How does that happen? I have an allocation and never got a build date (ordered 5 months ago). If JEEP is not fulfilling all of their VINed allocations, then why would they schedule a build on a non-allotted order? None of this makes any sense. My dealership only got build date of the first 4 of 10 allocated orders. How many was the dealership allocated to start with? It only makes sense if they were allocated less than 4 and you jumped in is what I'm guessing...?
What are your thoughts? What city did you order from?
I'm not throwing hate, but am SUPER confused because that doesn't make sense. I'm telling people you can have a VIN with an order from last year, but it may not actually get built. You are suggesting you can order from somewhere that has no remaining allocations, but you will get it???

Sponsored

tfinnell

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubi Recon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Don't get too excited, I got the same identical email today, with the exception of the build dates. I called 877-426-5337 and complained about lack of communication from my dealer and Jeep Chat. Alex told me he would start this process ( with Jeff ). Good luck to all BX's.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
1. You have no way to verify dealer allocation but to take sales manager's word.
2. Dealer can place an order even if they do not have allocation.
3. Information from Jeep chat is not always accurate.
4. Best way to get update is your dealer, ask your sales to send you updated POC.
5. Any explanation is pure speculation.
6. Wish yourself good luck.

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
Ok. So, My experience is that I had a dealership that was allocated 10 of the 2021 392 builds and I was number 9. It was a good order and god VIN. Jeep chat said that all with VIN will be built, but then changed to only giving dealership 4 of 10 allotted 2021 orders. The dealership knew they were doing builds for locations 4 at a time, but Jeep ended at 1st 4 builds (that are on the way there)... the other 6 will be build late in year and be 2022 model.
Your experience is that it was not an allocation, but you have a scheduled build date? How does that happen? If JEEP is not fulfilling all of their VINed allocations, then why would they schedule a build on a non-allotted order? None of this makes any sense. How many was the dealership allocated to start with? It only makes sense if they were allocated less than 4 and you jumped in is what I'm guessing...?
What are your thoughts? What city did you order from?
I agree, much of this doesn't make sense. I don't have a build date. Chat just states I am in the scheduling phase and once required parts are acquired it will be scheduled to build. The dealer had 4 allocations all spoken for. 2 arrived and 1 is one the way. I am not one of them. They have another customer order on the way. I would like to be more optimistic but I will believe it when I see it. My confidence level that I will have one in 21 went up from 25% to 30%.

Last edited:

Heelssuck

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon 392, 16 JK Rubicon, 18 Tesla S
Occupation
CIO
Just called Jeep and they said mine had moved to build status and expect 7-9 weeks for delivery. I was in the group that went from D back to BX. VIN 735600. A nice surprise for a Monday when I expected the same answer I've received every week prior when I called or went through chat.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I contacted Jeep Chat today and was told my 392 is in the 5th stage when I asked for the status code. The rep said they don't have codes, just stages. Has anyone else received this response?

Order 4/6/2021
VIN 4/10/2021 - #736077
4/21/2021 - Passed edit and is available for schedule
5/17/2021 - 5th stage (gathering all parts)

Sponsored

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
I contacted Jeep Chat today and was told my 392 is in the 5th stage when I asked for the status code. The rep said they don't have codes, just stages. Has anyone else received this response?

Order 4/6/2021
VIN 4/10/2021 - #736077
4/21/2021 - Passed edit and is available for schedule
5/17/2021 - 5th stage (gathering all parts)
I ordered 3 days after you and at the same stage although Chat didn't reference 5th stage. As far as I know I went pending when ordered, then passed edit, now scheduling gatthering/scheduling parts phase. The 3rd stage I have seen unless assigning a VIN is a stage then its 4 unless I missed a few.

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
Just got my VIN from my dealer today. Ordered 5/11 from Northpoint Jeep in VT, after putting an order here in Canada and not hearing anything for 7 months. I am a US citizen with residences in the US and Canada. I don't have my build sheet from the dealer but here is my VIN 1C4JJXSJ4MW761875. I validated this with Jeep Chat.

Attached is the configuration that they ordered for me.
added to sheet, keep us updated

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
I ordered on 4/9. Stopped by the dealer on Thursday and it was in BX. Today Chat states as of 5/14 I got my VIN and is in the scheduling stage, copy paste bla bla. This is not a dealer allocation.
Whats your vin? color and options?