Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Wow, thanks for clarifying this! As I mentioned my Jeep ordered 12/4/20 has only a VON and no VIN. So now I am super concerned. I am reaching out to the dealership now.

Have all allocated Jeeps been issued a VIN? Is anyone else with a confirmed allocation still waiting for a VIN?
Good question, but I hope not. I ordered one yesterday after my dealer assured me they had an allocation.
Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
that may be correct, but mine is in BX, but also has a VIN. It never went to D. However, I believe mine is one of the 80 or so VINs that were issued erroneously by Jeep.

my dealer says the rep says it will never be built. Jeep Chat says it will definitely be built. It’s still an active, accepted order currently.

in summary, it appears if your dealer had allocation, you got a VIN and the rig will be built. If your dealer didn’t have allocation, you may have a VON, but not a VIN and the rig is unlikely to be built. The wildcard appears to be these 80 or so erroneous VINs. AFAIK, no one is reporting theirs has actually been cancelled, but it’s unclear what will happen to those.
T
Teak, I've had the impression, based solely on some of your previous posts, that what your dealer really wants is for you to switch to another Jeep, instead of continuing to wait to see if it will get built first before deciding. Because if you've already told him you don't mind waiting to see, why else would they continue to pressure you?

Question: Is your purchase already agreed to be for MSRP only? I ask because if it is, that would explain the repeated pressure to move to something else instead of waiting for confirmation on your 392. He/she is not dumb, they are likely watching what's going on with prices and thinking "ADM".

Just my op of course, and just food for thought.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
That's a great question, but I don't know the answer. @REBEL JT @Membrain any input there??
I know nothing more than anyone else posting here.
I am also waiting on my build.
I just use REBEL_JT's spreadsheet to populate my version of it to then check if both the BuildSheet and WindowSticker for tracking MSRP, State Shipped-to, and build options.
I check for changes throughout the day, and then post the compiled results at the end of the day.
This also allows me to see if there are any trends to the build/assembly logic.

REBEL_JT quoted his source " from a couple workers on the line: we are building a 1000 a day, 45 or so 392's...so.... " - but I am not seeing this trend if it's indeed accurate...

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
That's a great question, but I don't know the answer. @REBEL JT @Membrain any input there??
392 project manager has said there are more orders than they had planned on building. These include allotted, and orders from dealers without allotments. Dealers with allotments will have their orders built first ( no idea how thats determined, which dealers get buikt first.) some dealers did not fill their allotments first day, they can still order and apparently are. Builds are still being scheduled and vins are still being assigned until all 392 capacity is filled. He also noted that could change at any time as did a couple days ago on the durango hellcat. I know, that clears up nothing. Point is, the total and future numbers are still fluid and can change due to a lot of logistic variables. https://www.autoblog.com/2021/04/14...r5W8CoSG-EcSaCxPU1TPpj7NWbqmNW3f2YdI1yK3_TEM7

Sponsored

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
392 project manager has said there are more orders than they had planned on building. These include allotted, and orders from dealers without allotments. Dealers with allotments will have their orders built first ( no idea how thats determined, which dealers get buikt first.) some dealers did not fill their allotments first day, they can still order and apparently are. Builds are still being scheduled and vins are still being assigned until all 392 capacity is filled. He also noted that could change at any time as did a couple days ago on the durango hellcat. I know, that clears up nothing. Point is, the total and future numbers are still fluid and can change due to a lot of logistic variables. https://www.autoblog.com/2021/04/14...r5W8CoSG-EcSaCxPU1TPpj7NWbqmNW3f2YdI1yK3_TEM7
Hopefully Jeep takes this same approach: "Company director Bob Broderdorf explained there are more sold orders than build slots in the system. Instead of forcing dealers to cancel sales, and hand-select which customers get an SRT Hellcat (likely with a sizeable mark-up), Dodge pledged to fill every request it has received so far."

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
So I switched to 746076(Sting-gray, tow, camera), one showing in transit to dealership, guessing it wasn't built, but since it's already in dealer inventory, this one seems will ACTULLY be build.

Dealer says in D.

Last edited:

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Teak, I've had the impression, based solely on some of your previous posts, that what your dealer really wants is for you to switch to another Jeep, instead of continuing to wait to see if it will get built first before deciding. Because if you've already told him you don't mind waiting to see, why else would they continue to pressure you?

Question: Is your purchase already agreed to be for MSRP only? I ask because if it is, that would explain the repeated pressure to move to something else instead of waiting for confirmation on your 392. He/she is not dumb, they are likely watching what's going on with prices and thinking "ADM".

Just my op of course, and just food for thought.
Good point and you may be right. Speculative, but I had that same discussion with a buddy of mine when I got the dealer email. For now, I’m going to give the benefit of the doubt since they were above board on my last Jeep purchase. To clarify - it wasn’t repeated pressure, just one offer. After I reiterated I was willing to wait however long, it hasn’t been brought back up.

However, adding to that selling at msrp+ speculation, I had planned on drop-shipping/sending whatever I bought to AEV. AEV isn’t ready for the 392 yet, but could immediately do a 3.6 and I learned today the dealer had a 3.6 on order in a similar to spec back when I got that email. So, if I’d chosen a 3.6, it would’ve been an immediate easy sell of a 3.6. They already said if I didn’t take the 392 for some reason, no way they were cancelling the order.

Regardless, I’m going to wait this one out unless I find one at msrp within a days drive of NC ... or maybe Moab. 😉

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Good point and you may be right. Speculative, but I had that same discussion with a buddy of mine when I got the dealer email. For now, I’m going to give the benefit of the doubt since they were above board on my last Jeep purchase. To clarify - it wasn’t repeated pressure, just one offer. After I reiterated I was willing to wait however long, it hasn’t been brought back up.

However, adding to that selling at msrp+ speculation, I had planned on drop-shipping/sending whatever I bought to AEV. AEV isn’t ready for the 392 yet, but could immediately do a 3.6 and I learned today the dealer had a 3.6 on order in a similar to spec back when I got that email. So, if I’d chosen a 3.6, it would’ve been an immediate easy sell of a 3.6. They already said if I didn’t take the 392 for some reason, no way they were cancelling the order.

Regardless, I’m going to wait this one out unless I find one at msrp within a days drive of NC ... or maybe Moab. 😉
Good to hear, and thanks for the clarification on the number of attempts. That all sounds a lot less nefarious than I was worried it might be.
-Rob

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Ok - thanks. Good info on the BX to D, vin assigned and back to BX. Every status update I ever received from my dealer was BX, but that makes sense.
Just got off Jeep chat and received this:

" Thank you so much for holding, there are updates pending on your order that must be discussed and reviewed directly with your ordering dealership. Please contact your selling dealership for more information. "

I will contact my sales manager and see what he says. This chat is making me a little nervous.

Sponsored

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Just got off Jeep chat and received this:

" Thank you so much for holding, there are updates pending on your order that must be discussed and reviewed directly with your ordering dealership. Please contact your selling dealership for more information. "

I will contact my sales manager and see what he says. This chat is making me a little nervous.
oh boy. Yeah - keep us posted. I’m particularly interested in your outcome since our orders went in the same day and have followed a similar pattern.

cbpdpm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Great thread! I currently drive a 2 dr Rubicon. I know off topic, but I decided to trade for a TrackHawk. Ordered on 4/7. Dealer said order was accepted but not scheduled for build, so I guess I am in BX. Here's the part that applies to this thread: He said he had a sold 392 Wrangler order that took 5 weeks to obtain a VIN. When he finally got a VIN the Wrangler was built and shipped in one week. So, anything is possible!

cbpdpm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
I should also add dealer said they have an allocation!

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
Great thread! I currently drive a 2 dr Rubicon. I know off topic, but I decided to trade for a TrackHawk. Ordered on 4/7. Dealer said order was accepted but not scheduled for build, so I guess I am in BX. Here's the part that applies to this thread: He said he had a sold 392 Wrangler order that took 5 weeks to obtain a VIN. When he finally got a VIN the Wrangler was built and shipped in one week. So, anything is possible!
I ordered and Track Hawk back in 2019. Took just under 5 weeks from order to my butt sitting in the drivers seat. I've owned a lot of cars, Shelby GT500s, Raptors, Supra and hands down the Track Hawk is the best, most powerful and the funnest car I've ever driven