Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
best guess is between 4/9 and 4/14
thanks ... Damn it. 😉Not looking good for mine.

I think I’m going to start calling other dealers -

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Who is your sales person there at Meador?
I was their 6th and last allocation back in NOV '20 -
Placed my order ~11/21/21, received a VIN on 4/9/21...
Mine is in "BX"...still waiting for a BuildSheet...
My sales person said they can still take and submit orders, which they did and continue to do - the only question on everyone's mind is build priority.
Did you pay them $1000 non-refundable deposit?

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Did you pay them $1000 non-refundable deposit?
...it is also marked as a Sold Unit
Tonight's 5/4 update as of 2300 CST -
Checking for a new WindowSticker or BuildSheet:

0 VIN(s) received new BuildSheet(s):

1 VIN(s) received new WindowSticker(s):
Tonight's 5/5 update as of 2245 CST -

2 VIN(s) received new BuildSheet(s):

Last edited:

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
...it is also marked as a Sold Unit

Tonight's 5/4 update as of 2245 CST -

2 VIN(s) received new BuildSheet(s):

As always, thanks for doing this! I am assuming the date is supposed to say 5/5 right?

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Who is your sales person there at Meador?
I was their 6th and last allocation back in NOV '20 -
Placed my order ~11/21/21, received a VIN on 4/9/21...
Mine is in "BX"...still waiting for a BuildSheet...
My sales person said they can still take and submit orders, which they did and continue to do - the only question on everyone's mind is build priority.

Hey guys, just to clarify something that there still seems to be some confusion on.

To the best of my knowledge, (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong,) Dealerships can, and often will, take orders and even deposits for a new vehicle, despite NOT having an available allocation for it.

They are basically just "hoping" to get an allocation at some point for you, but there is no guarantee that they ever will. (Especially if it's for a vehicle with an unknown lifespan, like the 392.)

But it's kind of meaningless if they don't actually have an open allocation, because if they never get one, your order will never actually get built. And it's worth noting that a dealer has ZERO control over how many allocations for a specific model they will get.

As for new orders, from what I've seen, nothing is for certain until Jeep issues your order a VIN, and they even recently botched that too with the 80 "inadvertently" accepted builds that got sent back to BX.

That's why it's so key to do absolutely anything you can, to be certain that they have an allocation available, otherwise, whether or not they will ever get one is pure speculation. At least until Jeep announces that 392 is here to stay, and is not a limited run production model. (And even if it does NOT become a limited production model, you will still be waiting significantly longer than if you had ordered from a dealer who actually does have open ones, since those allocated builds will take priority over yours, while you wait.. and wait.. and wait..)

As a reference, I watched this happen time and time again to members of other Forums, with both the launch of the new, mid engine 2020 Corvette C8, and the 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustangs.

(As someone above mentioned, the Sales Manager is probably your best bet here for an honest answer if you're worried.)

I should also add, that I don't mean to panic anyone here, either. But that said, despite some members strong opinions about the issue... None of us really knows for sure whether or not they will continue to build the 392. And it is of course rare for a cancellation like that to happen, but FCA did just recently cancel the Hellcat Durango after just one year, and around 2,000 builds. (Though to be fair, it may not have enjoyed the same demand as the 392, I'm not that familiar with those.)

I very much hope they do, and will, get one for you, I just don't want to see any of you get burned by being led on by your dealer forever, only to ultimately be told "Ooops, Sorry".

**FULL DISLCOSURE: This was however, my first ever "ordered" Jeep, so someone please correct me if this is not accurate in regards to how FCA/Stellantis handles allocations.

-Best of luck, fingers crossed for all of you!
-Rob

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Hey guys, just to clarify something that there still seems to be some confusion on.

To the best of my knowledge, (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong,) Dealerships can, and often will, take orders and even deposits for a new vehicle, despite NOT having an available allocation for it.

They are basically just "hoping" to get an allocation at some point for you, but there is no guarantee that they ever will. (Especially if it's for a vehicle with an unknown lifespan, like the 392.)

But it's kind of meaningless if they don't actually have an open allocation, because if they never get one, your order will never actually get built. And it's worth noting that a dealer has ZERO control over how many allocations for a specific model they will get.

As for new orders, from what I've seen, nothing is for certain until Jeep issues your order a VIN, and they even recently botched that too with the 80 "inadvertently" accepted builds that got sent back to BX.

That's why it's so key to do absolutely anything you can, to be certain that they have an allocation available, otherwise, whether or not they will ever get one is pure speculation. At least until Jeep announces that 392 is here to stay, and is not a limited run production model. (And even if it does NOT become a limited production model, you will still be waiting significantly longer than if you had ordered from a dealer who actually does have open ones, since those allocated builds will take priority over yours, while you wait.. and wait.. and wait..)

As a reference, I watched this happen time and time again to members of other Forums, with both the launch of the new, mid engine 2020 Corvette C8, and the 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustangs.

(As someone above mentioned, the Sales Manager is probably your best bet here for an honest answer if you're worried.)

I should also add, that I don't mean to panic anyone here, either. But that said, despite some members strong opinions about the issue... None of us really knows for sure whether or not they will continue to build the 392. And it is of course rare for a cancellation like that to happen, but FCA did just recently cancel the Hellcat Durango after just one year, and around 2,000 builds. (Though to be fair, it may not have enjoyed the same demand as the 392, I'm not that familiar with those.)

I very much hope they do, and will, get one for you, I just don't want to see any of you get burned by being led on by your dealer forever, only to ultimately be told "Ooops, Sorry".

**FULL DISLCOSURE: This was however, my first ever "ordered" Jeep, so someone please correct me if this is not accurate in regards to how FCA/Stellantis handles allocations.

-Rob
I can sleep no more.....

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I can sleep no more.....
Crap, see Mike.. now I feel bad for saying anything! 😄 All kidding aside though, sorry man, that was not my intent! I'm just hoping people can get a straight answer from their sales manager, so they can at least make an educated decision on whether to stay with them, or look somewhere else.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler

-Rob
Thanks for this. You are spot on. And, this is good info to have. As you said, this allows us to make an informed decision.

To take away more sleep (such as in the case of @supermike) from those who read your post (lol), let me add this:

There is uncertainty regarding the future of many FCA vehicles, 392 Rubicon included. There is this quote in the linked article that makes me nervous...

"PSA Group CEO Carlos Tavares, who becomes CEO of Stellantis, has a history of turning brands and companies around with tough cost targets and the discipline to axe where necessary."

https://www.motortrend.com/news/stellantis-fca-peugeot-merger-chrysler-dodge-fate/

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl

-Rob

Wow, thanks for clarifying this! As I mentioned my Jeep ordered 12/4/20 has only a VON and no VIN. So now I am super concerned. I am reaching out to the dealership now.

Have all allocated Jeeps been issued a VIN? Is anyone else with a confirmed allocation still waiting for a VIN?

Sponsored

Davis2011

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR 2018
ordered a week ago. checked today, still no VIN. I'm not 100% confident they have allocation, not even 60%...

poc.jpg
If it made it to BX, its a good order. It says BX in the upper right corner. Which means its past edit, its been accepted. Once it moves to D status (gathering parts) it will get the VIN.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
If it made it to BX, its a good order. It says BX in the upper right corner. Which means its past edit, its been accepted. Once it moves to D status (gathering parts) it will get the VIN.
that may be correct, but mine is in BX, but also has a VIN. It never went to D. However, I believe mine is one of the 80 or so VINs that were issued erroneously by Jeep.

my dealer says the rep says it will never be built. Jeep Chat says it will definitely be built. It’s still an active, accepted order currently.

in summary, it appears if your dealer had allocation, you got a VIN and the rig will be built. If your dealer didn’t have allocation, you may have a VON, but not a VIN and the rig is unlikely to be built. The wildcard appears to be these 80 or so erroneous VINs. AFAIK, no one is reporting theirs has actually been cancelled, but it’s unclear what will happen to those.
T

Davis2011

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR 2018
that may be correct, but mine is in BX, but also has a VIN. It never went to D. However, I believe mine is one of the 80 or so VINs that were issued erroneously by Jeep.

my dealer says the rep says it will never be built. Jeep Chat says it will definitely be built. It’s still an active, accepted order currently.

in summary, it appears if your dealer had allocation, you got a VIN and the rig will be built. If your dealer didn’t have allocation, you may have a VON, but not a VIN and the rig is unlikely to be built. The wildcard appears to be these 80 or so erroneous VINs. AFAIK, no one is reporting theirs has actually been cancelled, but it’s unclear what will happen to those.
T
At some point yours probably went to D - was assigned the VIN - then back to BX (Like mine and several others, at which point you kept the VIN that was assigned while in D) D is the point you get a VIN. You dont get a VIN for being in BX.

BX – good order available for scheduling
BB – fleet order only – review by Bid Dept
BD – special equipment processing
BE – edit error – coding error must be corrected before schedule
BG – order has passed edit but not considered for scheduling
BG F – finance hold – automatic cancellation after 15 days
BG B - build out hold
BG L – material restriction hold
BG M – material hold (fleet)
ZA - cancelled order
Scheduled
C – tentative schedule
D – firm schedule; number is assigned
D1 –gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production,
Build
E – framing
F – paint
G – trim
Built
I – unit is pending final inspection
J – vehicle has passed final inspection but not released to carrier
JB – shipped to body vendor
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced
Traffic Codes
KZ L – released but not shipped
KZ M – first rail departure
KZ N – first rail arrival
KZ O - delayed/received
KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB - zone or dealer hold, sales hold, vehicle prep hold, tax hold, finance hold, dealer refusal, diversion hold, vehicle diverted, derailment hold
KZ OC – carrier delay hold, rail car shortage, bad load, insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest order, strike-bound hold, emission or safety hold
KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
At some point yours probably went to D - was assigned the VIN - then back to BX (Like mine and several others, at which point you kept the VIN that was assigned while in D) D is the point you get a VIN. You dont get a VIN for being in BX.

BX – good order available for scheduling
BB – fleet order only – review by Bid Dept
BD – special equipment processing
BE – edit error – coding error must be corrected before schedule
BG – order has passed edit but not considered for scheduling
BG F – finance hold – automatic cancellation after 15 days
BG B - build out hold
BG L – material restriction hold
BG M – material hold (fleet)
ZA - cancelled order
Scheduled
C – tentative schedule
D – firm schedule; number is assigned
D1 –gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production,
Build
E – framing
F – paint
G – trim
Built
I – unit is pending final inspection
J – vehicle has passed final inspection but not released to carrier
JB – shipped to body vendor
JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced
Traffic Codes
KZ L – released but not shipped
KZ M – first rail departure
KZ N – first rail arrival
KZ O - delayed/received
KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB - zone or dealer hold, sales hold, vehicle prep hold, tax hold, finance hold, dealer refusal, diversion hold, vehicle diverted, derailment hold
KZ OC – carrier delay hold, rail car shortage, bad load, insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest order, strike-bound hold, emission or safety hold
KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
Ok - thanks. Good info on the BX to D, vin assigned and back to BX. Every status update I ever received from my dealer was BX, but that makes sense.

Also, FWIW, I called a dozen dealers across the southeast this morning looking for an allocation or vehicle on the lot to buy today. none of them had any available allocation, accept 3 Dealers. Of the 3, two of those had blue ones for sale on the lot over MSRP and said they weren’t getting more. The third said they were originally allocated 3 and all 3 were ordered, only one as a sold unit. They are now being told they‘ll only get the one sold unit (In D1 currentl) and not the other two (BX with no VIN).

One dealer told me anything currently in BX would not be built.

Like most of the production info on this thread from dealers or Jeep chat, take it for what it’s worth ... not much. 😉
T

Last edited:

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wow, thanks for clarifying this! As I mentioned my Jeep ordered 12/4/20 has only a VON and no VIN. So now I am super concerned. I am reaching out to the dealership now.

Have all allocated Jeeps been issued a VIN? Is anyone else with a confirmed allocation still waiting for a VIN?
That's a great question, but I don't know the answer. @REBEL JT @Membrain any input there??
Sponsored