Sponsored

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
I'm in the exact same boat with those statuses that you mentioned above. It concerns me too. And what's even more concerning is I sold my JL back in January anticipating having this 392 in "February" when I ordered on 11/19. My bad. I've been looking around Autotrader and even though it says 100+ listings available nationwide, you start calling these dealers and they all say either they've been sold, the vehicles are enroute scheduled to be delivered to their dealer mid May, or the 392s are there sitting but they want $10k +/- markups. I was ready to jump ship on waiting for my order and just buy on the lot from a dealer up to 1,000 or more miles away but options are looking slim. Maybe it's because I'm picky and want the sky 1 touch too..... I might have to sacrifice that but it's such a cool option! Good luck to all.
Empathy coming your way! Sold my JLUR (daily driver) in February thinking a 392 would be rolling off the line for me shortly thereafter after ordering on November 23rd - oh, so wrong! There was a 392 on a lot not far from here with the options I want but without the power top - something I can't live without after having on the Rubicon I just sold. Still haven't hit the 6-month wait I had for a 2017 Raptor I ordered when they rolled out the new model - but getting very close! Tic, toc...
Sponsored

Wicked3.0

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
Empathy coming your way! Sold my JLUR (daily driver) in February thinking a 392 would be rolling off the line for me shortly thereafter after ordering on November 23rd - oh, so wrong! There was a 392 on a lot not far from here with the options I want but without the power top - something I can't live without after having on the Rubicon I just sold. Still haven't hit the 6-month wait I had for a 2017 Raptor I ordered when they rolled out the new model - but getting very close! Tic, toc...
Agree! Once you get the power top it's hard to go back. Now I'm faced with do I want the top I had in my JLUR or engine I want and just get dual top? Or just keep waiting months until mine is made! Glad I'm not the only one. haha

Davis2011

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR 2018
good info. Thanks - got all the time to wait and in no hurry. My biggest concern was the dealer telling me he didn’t think he’d get the Jeep, despite it having a VIN being assigned. That just seemed odd to me.

I am curious to hear of anyone who had a VIN assigned and then doesn’t get it-
Were you getting it at MSRP? If he already told you MSRP, he may have been trying to get you to back out of it so he can sell it for more.... I mean they are listed all over the internet for 90-125K!!!! Several dealers that I had talked to said they def were selling them 10-20K over MSRP. So maybe thats why he told you he wasnt getting it. OR he doesnt know what hes talking about.

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
if you can't take the sky one touch top off, sadly, will the bump stops ever get used?
Very good point, I almost ordered without but felt they at least gave it some character. To be honest I have only ever folded the windshield on my CJ7. I have never folded the windshield on my JK.

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
My order is out of Inspection status. 1 day after telling my dealer I was backing out...what are the chances...

Seriously makes me think the dealer was having it held up so they could sell it at a premium after my impatient ass inevitably bought one somewhere else.

Sponsored

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
Were you getting it at MSRP? If he already told you MSRP, he may have been trying to get you to back out of it so he can sell it for more.... I mean they are listed all over the internet for 90-125K!!!! Several dealers that I had talked to said they def were selling them 10-20K over MSRP. So maybe thats why he told you he wasnt getting it. OR he doesnt know what hes talking about.
when I picked up my 392 on Tuesday my dealer was upset that they had agreed to sell at MSRP. I ordered on day 1 when the banks ordered 11/19, my dealer wanted to mark up 5K, I told them no way and counted agreeing to let them finance 30K which they accepted. Signed the purchase order with those terms, gave a $2500 deposi.

So when We were working the purchase I brought my 2019 JLUR up and asked if work a trade and they load ball offeing $40k. I wasn’t planning to trade it in just wanted to see what they would offer. Day before I went to carmax and they offered me $52K. My dealership was just trying to make some more $ because they had already told they wished they had never agreed to sell at MSRP. They had one other allocation coming that was for the dealership and doing a 10k mark up, they had talked to several other dealerships and was the going rate.
When I went to the finance they tried to give a 4.9% i just laughed ended up with a 2.2% rate on the $30k finance.

All of these dealerships are crooks!

jeepken

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392
I almost sold my JK just after getting the VIN and had to back out the day of the sale because my dealer called to say I went back to BX. It won't be easy selling my JK with all the stuff I have on it so finding another buyer is going to be tough. Frustrating, but I guess it's a bit worse for the guys that did sell their Jeeps in Feb expecting this to have hit the market by now.

I wonder what is keeping these from getting scheduled for production. Other JL's are being delivered within 30 days of being ordered based on what I see on the other threads. There seems to be hundred's of 392's waiting to be scheduled.

Bkilby

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 392, 1974 Hemi Cherokee
Occupation
Chief Toilet Scrubber
I also sold my JK in Feb. That's ok though, I'm just driving my truck until the Jeep shows up. It needed to be driven anyhow. A 2003 with 110,000 miles on it. Lol.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Tonight's 4/28 update as of 2230 CST -

1 VIN(s) received new BuildSheet(s):

0 VIN(s) received new WindowSticker(s):

Not so sure they are making 45 392's per day...
Based on the VINs in REBEL_JT's spreadsheet some new VINs were added to the list.

Tonight's 4/29 update as of 2230 CST -

2 VIN(s) received new BuildSheet(s):

4 VIN(s) received new WindowSticker(s):

Last edited:

Sponsored

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
***UPDATE PENDING NEW VIN additions on the list ***
Potentially:
Tonight's 4/29 update as of 2230 CST -

Based on the VINs in REBEL_JT's spreadsheet-

1 VIN(s) received new BuildSheet(s):

4 VIN(s) received new WindowSticker(s):

Please do not shoot the messenger :)
Thanks for providing these updates!

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for providing these updates!
I had to edit my post after reviewing REBELs spreadsheet for newly added VINs.
As it sits, I now see 33 VINs before mine that still need BuildSheets and another 27 still only waiting on WindowStickers.

The majority of newly added VINs for today already had both BuildSheets and WindowStickers.

Last edited:

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
I had to edit my post after reviewing REBELs spreadsheet for newly added VINs.
As it sits, I now see 33 VINs before mine that still need BuildSheets and another 27 still only waiting on WindowStickers.

The majority of newly added VINs for today already had both BuildSheets and WindowStickers.
and 700116 is apparently STILL in D1... been here for a LONG TIME... Dealer said they expected it end of May... I guess there is time for it to move into production and ship so we will see...Order it Jan 26th !

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
I was told by dealer yesterday that mine is being built (7001xx - I forget the last 2 digits). Ordered early Feb. Sting Gray, SOT, dual door group, towing, matte black grill, tailgate reinforcement. Dealer also said they haven’t received any JLs with dual door group yet across any trims.

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
Very good point, I almost ordered without but felt they at least gave it some character. To be honest I have only ever folded the windshield on my CJ7. I have never folded the windshield on my JK.
It would look odd without those bump stops. I've never folded the windshield down either, but might have to try it since the JL is supposed to be easier and antler free.
Sponsored