Sponsored

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
You would think so, but it doesn't seem so. My dealer has 4 on order. One has been delivered, one is in transit. The other two, who knows. UPDATE: ONe of those two is in final inspection! Yeah, it's not mine............ :(
Bummer!
Sponsored

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Cross-post from the Order, build, tracking, delivery thread, but since its 392-specific ...

Does anyone know if you get a VIN whether that means the vehicle will actually get built? Anyone received a VIN and then had their ordered cancelled?

My 392 order was put in on 4/6. Dealer sent me the VIN and POC on 4/15. VIN is 736065.

Today the dealer told me it’s still in BX, but they were told “that there is a good chance we do not get the Jeep”. I’ve asked who said that, but no answer yet. I contacted Jeep chat this afternoon and they said they are “showing we are gathering parts for the order.”

any thoughts/input from the collective?

Sponsored

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
Cross-post from the Order, build, tracking, delivery thread, but since its 392-specific ...

Does anyone know if you get a VIN whether that means the vehicle will actually get built? Anyone received a VIN and then had their ordered cancelled?

My 392 order was put in on 4/6. Dealer sent me the VIN and POC on 4/15. VIN is 736065.

Today the dealer told me it’s still in BX, but they were told “that there is a good chance we do not get the Jeep”. I’ve asked who said that, but no answer yet. I contacted Jeep chat this afternoon and they said they are “showing we are gathering parts for the order.”

I would love to know what people think about this as well. I am also stuck in BX with a 735xxx VIN.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler

Mine is 736077,close to yours, with the half doors. I also put my order in on 4/6 and got a VIN on 4/10. Just got this from the chat:

The order is in the system, it has not yet started production and there is not an estimate for when the build will begin.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Mine is 736077,close to yours, with the half doors. I also put my order in on 4/6 and got a VIN on 4/10. Just got this from the chat:

The order is in the system, it has not yet started production and there is not an estimate for when the build will begin.
interesting ... only options I added were mats, trailer tow and camera. It’s white.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
interesting ... only options I added were mats, trailer tow and camera. It’s white.
Since our VINs are so close, let's continue comparing notes. You and I placed our orders on the same day. You are in the East Coast and I'm in the West Coast.

Regarding your question about canceling orders once we have a VIN...I think that's very unlikely. It's possible, but unlikely. I can see one way in which they can cancel orders is if the government tells them to stop because of emissions and such.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
I had a conversation with another peep and he said there might be consideration on factory build order priority if your dealer submitted your order as "sold" or not... not exactly sure what this means.

Sponsored

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
I had a conversation with another peep and he said there might be consideration on factory build order priority if your dealer submitted your order as "sold" or not... not exactly sure what this means.
Thanks for the info - The Scheduling priority on my POC says “1-Sold Order”, so I suppose that’s good.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
M
Thanks for the info - The Scheduling priority on my POC says “1-Sold Order”, so I suppose that’s good.
Mine says the same in the "scheduling priority" section. Fingers crossed.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer