Sponsored

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
Just checked with my dealer-- D1. Progress!! Starting to believe it may actually happen. VIN 735334. Boxs
Awesome! Did they give you an estimated ship date?
Sponsored

boxs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BMW X4M Comp, 21 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Done working!
No ship date. After going to D on 4/11 then regressing back to BX a week later, things were not looking good. On Monday Jeep Chat said there were updates that needed to be reviewed with the selling dealer. At this point I was pretty skeptical, but today from BX to D1 - I was surprised and obviously very pleased!! Boxs

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
VIN: 735268 - still no update here :(

Davis2011

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR 2018
No ship date. After going to D on 4/11 then regressing back to BX a week later, things were not looking good. On Monday Jeep Chat said there were updates that needed to be reviewed with the selling dealer. At this point I was pretty skeptical, but today from BX to D1 - I was surprised and obviously very pleased!! Boxs
Awesome news! Friday I went from BX back to D (I was in D then went to BX), They said Friday that they were gathering parts once parts were received it would be scheduled. Today I checked because a few people said they went to D1 and got est ship dates, they said all of my parts have been received and the plant has sequenced my order for production, should be entering the build very soon. Please check back next week for another update. (Which kind of sounds like D1) But I asked if I had an est build date and they said no. so Maybe still in D

Sponsored

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
Awesome news! Friday I went from BX back to D (I was in D then went to BX), They said Friday that they were gathering parts once parts were received it would be scheduled. Today I checked because a few people said they went to D1 and got est ship dates, they said all of my parts have been received and the plant has sequenced my order for production, should be entering the build very soon. Please check back next week for another update. (Which kind of sounds like D1) But I asked if I had an est build date and they said no. so Maybe still in D
Mines one that was not allocated, all 4 of my dealers sold orders, still BX

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Hey Rob,
FINALLY!!! Your 392 looks so good!! I used to only buy black vehicles and didn't even consider the 392 in black and that is for sure one of the better looking colors IMO with the bronze accents. I hope mine come before the 2week window is up, so jealous. Since all I can do in the current is live dream through stories, so when you get the chance please, please tell you thoughts, experiences, gripes, everything, when you get the chance. Looks awesome!

Kev, thanks man! Looking forward to spending some quality time with it, but won't be able to do that too much until next weekend.

However, in the meantime... I just had a typical Rob-facepalm moment that you might get a chuckle out of. I have to admit, I can be a little dim-witted sometimes, and this might just be one of those times. I was really not expecting mine to show up for at least a couple weeks after moving to KZ status, due to the whole railcar/storage/and waiting for shipping updates thing. And I was shocked to get the call Thursday morning that it was already here. So I was left wondering how the heck mine made it through all of that shipping process so quickly?

So, today I was talking to my wife about that, and I was like, "Yeah, they must have been wrong on the shipping date, because the only way it could have come that fast would be if it came to the dealer directly by....... Oh shit." "We're not in New Jersey anymore honey.. (we moved here about 6 months ago), how close is Chicago to Toledo??"

So I ask Siri on my phone... "Oh, only 240 miles, huh?"

Duh... :facepalm:

I think I should have paid a lot more attention to geography in school.

Anyway, I'm a stickler for break in guidelines, so I can't really comment on the acceleration yet. But the few things I can say about it so far, is that it's more comfortable than I expected, and the ride is definitely better than I expected too, though I've never driven a JL before, so I don't have any prior experience to be able to give an opinion on the difference. I was surprised by the difference between quiet and loud modes with the exhaust, I didn't expect it to be as significant as it was. I can also say that the half door box is uhhh, huge. The dealer couldn't even find a space to stuff the Mopar all-weather floor mats I ordered, they ended up just putting them on the front passenger seat.

Once I get some more seat time in it next weekend I'll definitely keep you updated, but hopefully you'll get yours before then so there won't be a need! 🙂

Any updates on your ETA yet?

Last edited:

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Kev, thanks man! Looking forward to spending some quality time with it, but won't be able to do that too much until next weekend.

However, in the meantime... I just had a typical Rob-facepalm moment that you might get a chuckle out of. I have to admit, I can be a little dim-witted sometimes, and this might just be one of those times. I was really not expecting mine to show up for at least a couple weeks after moving to KZ status, due to the whole railcar/storage/and waiting for shipping updates thing. And I was shocked to get the call Thursday morning that it was already here. So I was left wondering how the heck mine made it through all of that shipping process so quickly?

So, today I was talking to my wife about that, and I was like, "Yeah, they must have been wrong on the shipping date, because the only way it could have come that fast would be if it came to the dealer directly by....... Oh shit." "We're not in New Jersey anymore honey.. (we moved here about 6 months ago), how close is Chicago to Toledo??"

So I ask Siri on my phone... "Oh, only 240 miles, huh?"

Duh... :facepalm:

I think I should have paid a lot more attention to geography in school.

Anyway, I'm a stickler for break in guidelines, so I can't really comment on the acceleration yet. But the few things I can say about it so far, is that it's more comfortable than I expected, and the ride is definitely better than I expected too, though I've never driven a JL before, so I don't have any prior experience to be able to give an opinion on the difference. I was surprised by the difference between quiet and loud modes with the exhaust, I didn't expect it to be as significant as it was. I can also say that the half door box is uhhh, huge. The dealer couldn't even find a space to stuff the Mopar all-weather floor mats I ordered, they ended up just putting them on the front passenger seat.

Once I get some more seat time in it next weekend I'll definitely keep you updated, but hopefully you'll get yours before then so there won't be a need! 🙂

Any updates on your ETA yet?
That's toooo Funny! Glade you finally got yours. Can't wait to hear more about it! Keep trying to type more but just wiped out from studying 2am+ for last 2 weeks seems. Keep the post coming love seeing these things!!
*No update, tried to get a hold of my sales guy 3 times this last week, I think he's more ready for this thing to be shipped and over with this process then I am.

Sponsored

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
mine did indeed arrive and took possession. didn't get a chance to put the half doors on. drove a LOT plus it was cold as duck, low 40's. Bimini top arrives Wednesday, 80's next week.

Like Rob, I am also a stickler for engine/drive line break in. But unlike Rob, I put 800 miles on it over the weekend! Couple of festivals in the area so easy to drive and measure responses. Most didn't even notice it. Those that did, really did. Had a man walking a side walk in a downtown district yelling 'Hellyeah 392 baby' while his wife was fist pumping in the air.

All of the reviews, videos I've seen, don't do it justice. After 800 miles of suburban / farm land driving, it is a beast. The stock tune is mind blowing. I'm to the break in point where I can exercise the full rpm range. There is a couple rpm points when things change. 3500 and 5000. louder, then hellyeah louder.

Paddle shifters? meh. their fine for soft pulls to exercise the exhaust notes, but full auto is best for a rolling hard pulls. Do i like them, yeah, for soft pulls up to 45-55 to show off the engine.

The decelerating gurgling and popping is addicting. For those on order still, it is worth the wait. For those that can't afford one, I hope you have a friend with one that let's you drive it.

I did see a black one on a trailer at a gas station Saturday evening with a crowd. They spun around real fast when we idled past. Probably ruined that guys night. I suspect he was telling the crowd how hard they are to get and that is the only one around....

And then we exercised the exhaust on the way out....good times.

bronco? THANK YOU FORD! Long live the bronco!

Last edited:

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
Did anyone get the 3.33% financing. They are telling me it doesn’t exist. It’s on the website.
2.09% 1k down from deposit, 6 yrs.

harris bank (wherever that is)

Bank of America was offering 2.24%, same term/down.

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler