Sponsored

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
I have half a mind to do the same thing. I am not even sure mine is coming at all. 3 and 1/2 weeks in I status. Jeep says there’s not a problem. My dealer says it is due to the chip shortage. Another says it’s because they want to send them out in stages. No one can tell me what is actually happening.
Stellantis has stated that Wrangler production will not be impacted by the chip shortage.

“The automaker has so far protected its most profitable vehicles from the chip shortage -- Jeep Wranglers made in Toledo, Ohio and pricier Ram 1500 models made in Sterling Heights, Michigan.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-five-north-american-plants-on-chip-shortage
Sponsored

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
I’ve read the same thing. The only thing I know is that I haven’t spoken to anyone who knows anything.

boxs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BMW X4M Comp, 21 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Done working!
I'm going backward, as well as many others. Vin # and D status last week-now back to BX.
Just did the Jeep Chat thing, they don't have a clue or won't admit to anything. WTF Jeep?
I wish we could get some straight answers.
Boxes

Davis2011

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR 2018
I'm going backward, as well as many others. Vin # and D status last week-now back to BX.
Just did the Jeep Chat thing, they don't have a clue or won't admit to anything. WTF Jeep?
I wish we could get some straight answers.
Boxes
yep. This is what I got over Jeep Chat this AM. Nothing much other than they will schedule you once there is allocation (available openings) in the schedule. still have a VIN, and they will be made in 2021.

F1D5532A-B238-42D7-AA25-5D2E2C3F2FC1.jpeg

66737C13-1AA5-4E90-9CFA-C83F51477D65.jpeg

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I have half a mind to do the same thing. I am not even sure mine is coming at all. 3 and 1/2 weeks in I status. Jeep says there’s not a problem. My dealer says it is due to the chip shortage. Another says it’s because they want to send them out in stages. No one can tell me what is actually happening.

I feel you man, mine has been "built" and sitting at the "body vendor" for what will be three weeks this coming Monday. My dealer speculates that its awaiting one of the Mopar accessories I chose, but outside of that no one knows anything. I even asked Jeep Chat (in a moment of weakness/desperation) if they could tell me why it's been there this long, and all they will say is "There are no production delays." 🙄

Sponsored

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
i got tired of waiting ..... found a sarge green 392 in Cali, got supper lucky last minute and scooped this up 💪🏼
Congrats on picking one up.. I was wondering if all those listings on Auto Trader were Ligit... seems they must be... looks great in Sarge Green... Try not to get a speeding ticket :)

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
Almost all of the autotrader listings are sold. They’re being coy about them and trying to get you to come in. Couple of them were available at a premium. I have one secured not far from me built almost to my original spec. It’ll be in a week or two from now. We will see. I need to get some good news from someone on mine in the next few days or I am going to have to explain some stuff to my wife when I drive a different color home.

SandStorm4x4

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21Sarge 392, ‘15 Tank JKUR, ‘07 Resc.GreenJKUR
Congrats on picking one up.. I was wondering if all those listings on Auto Trader were Ligit... seems they must be... looks great in Sarge Green... Try not to get a speeding ticket :)
thank you !! i had checked other listings on auto trader and they were all other customers orders ( at least the other 2 sarge greens i checked ) i asked why they had them listed and the they said “i don’t know” 🙄 i gave up after checking on a few but decided to check one last time and it was a hit , they had just received the vehicle the night before and i called first thing in the morning immediately after they posted and reserved it. i was very lucky.
i still have my reservation at my local dealership for their 1 allocation but will be canceling that when i get back home this week.

this thing is unreal to drive ! i’m breaking it in gently for 500 miles or so. it’s impossible to not get on throttle every chance you get but even only at getting up to around 3,000 rpm on the highway it really takes off

392Newbie

First Name
ira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Who updates the spreadsheet? My vin is listed and it says delivered Friday. I called my dealer who told me it’s in kz status but they don’t have it yet. Any ideas why it’s marked as delivered?

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Who updates the spreadsheet? My vin is listed and it says delivered Friday. I called my dealer who told me it’s in kz status but they don’t have it yet. Any ideas why it’s marked as delivered?
Rebel JT

Sponsored

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
Let's all agree, Jeep chat is a waste of time. Save yourself the misery and don't bother.

Apparently, my jeep is used for lunch runs (or something)... dealer says it moved storage yards but no eta or additional information. I'm sure there are better vehicles for them to grab lunch in and this is probably a legit move. Just ship it and get the cash on the books.

Firewater

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LJ
Let's all agree, Jeep chat is a waste of time. Save yourself the misery and don't bother.

Apparently, my jeep is used for lunch runs (or something)... dealer says it moved storage yards but no eta or additional information. I'm sure there are better vehicles for them to grab lunch in and this is probably a legit move. Just ship it and get the cash on the books.
At least your dealer is give you updates, it’s been two weeks since any updates from my dealer and jeep chat never responded to any of my questions.

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
I created the spreadsheet, when they started showing up in dealer inventory as just arrived, I added those vins. I have changed the column heading to show the date as both delivered and listed, as dealers are notoriously misleading if not outright lying about availability. the majority of dealer listings have been delivered to the dealership. Hope yours shows up soon.

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
@REBEL JT
I also know of the following:

Dealer inv. (white)678023
Dealer inv. (black)678024
Dealer inv. (already delivered) Black678037
what state were these in? if you have whole vin, i can add options to sheet.
Sponsored