Sponsored

CockneyUSA

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X, Corvette Grand Sport, Toyota Tundra. Ordering 392...
Gotta love Stellantis...
174181750_4402975503046844_6589256571522164869_n.jpg
Sounds to me these were dealer orders that the dealer didn’t have allocation for. With these out of the way hopefully our legit orders will progress quicker. Hopefully!!
Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Wow that list got long, 678224 in the stage of final addons not ship date.
Hey Kev, interesting call with my dealer/SM today...

There’s still been no change in status, (she’s built, but has been sitting at the “body vendor” for over two weeks now.)

So I asked him if that was normal to be there that long, and he said, “It is likely stuck there because they waiting for one of my Mopar accessories to come in to finish the build.”

Lovely. (with my luck, it’s probably the fricken floor mats :facepalm:)

I will admit that I had noticed a couple people make the comment that this could be a potential problem, but that might have been after it was too late to do anything, and I had convinced myself that it was unlikely anyway.

Looks like I was incorrect. 😟

Here’s the list of the ones I picked if you’re interested:

- Tailgate Reinforcement
- Hardtop Headliner
- All Weather Floor Mats
- Solid Sunbonnet Top

I don’t remember what, if any Mopar accessories you added, and he has no clue which one is the problem, but I figured I’d share this as kind of a heads up, because I thought I remembered you saying that yours was at the same stage.

Sigh...

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Hey Kev, interesting call with my dealer/SM today...

There’s still been no change in status, (she’s built, but has been sitting at the “body vendor” for over two weeks now.)

So I asked him if that was normal to be there that long, and he said, “It is likely stuck there because they waiting for one of my Mopar accessories to come in to finish the build.”

Lovely. (with my luck, it’s probably the fricken floor mats :facepalm:)

I will admit that I had noticed a couple people make the comment that this could be a potential problem, but that might have been after it was too late to do anything, and I had convinced myself that it was unlikely anyway.

Looks like I was incorrect. 😟

Here’s the list of the ones I picked if you’re interested:

- Tailgate Reinforcement
- Hardtop Headliner
- All Weather Floor Mats
- Solid Sunbonnet Top

I don’t remember what, if any Mopar accessories you added, and he has no clue which one is the problem, but I figured I’d share this as kind of a heads up, because I thought I remembered you saying that yours was at the same stage.

Sigh...
WOW, this has been an interesting experience for sure. I REALLY REALLY hope that isn't the case. Addons include:
- Tailgate Reinforcement
- Hardtop Headliner
- All Weather Floor Mats
- Forward Facing Camera (seems this would be put on during manufacturing)
-Tow Package (seems this would be put on during manufacturing as well)
-Dual top
-MT tires (not sure at what point these are mounted)

I would have all the option taken off in a heart beat if I could get it even in the next two weeks! If you hear more please share.

I can't believe hearing about the unfortunate 80. In another thread I warned someone about orders that were taken really late and to be watch out for shit like that, hope those 80 weren't day/month one orders; pretty messed up.

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
WOW, this has been an interesting experience for sure. I REALLY REALLY hope that isn't the case. Addons include:
- Tailgate Reinforcement
- Hardtop Headliner
- All Weather Floor Mats
-Dual top

I would have all the option taken off in a heart beat if I could get it even in the next two weeks! If you hear more please share.

I can't believe hearing about the unfortunate 80. In another thread I warned someone about orders that were taken really late and to be watch out for shit like that, hope those 80 weren't day/month one orders; pretty messed up.
Most were day one at dealer without allocations.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
- Tailgate Reinforcement
- Hardtop Headliner
- All Weather Floor Mats
-Dual top

I believe only your first 3 are Mopar add ons, every thing else I believe comes from the factory.

But don’t quote me on that either. I’m still not 100% clear what gets added where during the build process. This is my first JL, my first Rubicon, and my first ever ordered Jeep, so I’m still learning all this stuff too.

(the hard way, of course)

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Rubicon 392 first Vin and order, build and delivery tracking list Screenshot 2021-04-16 203750

I had to read it like five times before I really believed my eyes, it was in the Body Shop stage for less then 48 hours.
You suck, you know that right? :mad:

Just kidding, congrats on the awesome news man! You’ll have to tell me all about it when it shows up, while I still wait for my floor mats! :computerrage:

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
You suck, you know that right? :mad:

Just kidding, congrats on the awesome news man! You’ll have to tell me all about it when it shows up, while I still wait for my floor mats! :computerrage:
When I read it, what you has just said popped right in my mind and I thought I'd hear something like :LOL: . But I'm not counting the chicken yet, Alex's originally shipped In march and probably won't make the dealer this month. It's absolute crazy how these are taking to produced. Which brings me to a question I'm curios about, how many of these have been built and how many do they plan on building? I think it's going to be a short run with not many produces, time will tell.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
@REBEL JT
I also know of the following:

Dealer inv. (white)678023
Dealer inv. (black)678024
Dealer inv. (already delivered) Black678037

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
When I read it, what you has just said popped right in my mind and I thought I'd hear something like :LOL: . But I'm not counting the chicken yet, Alex's originally shipped In march and probably won't make the dealer this month. It's absolute crazy how these are taking to produced. Which brings me to a question I'm curios about, how many of these have been built and how many do they plan on building? I think it's going to be a short run with not many produces, time will tell.
I have to admit that I agree... I’m actually worried that the run is going to be shorter than any of us imagined.

The sudden stoppage of taking new orders last week, followed by kicking another 80 orders back out of D this week? (Right after letting them in, no less?) And yeah, I understand that they were supposedly orders from dealers that didn’t have allocations, but they had already been accepted! They had already made it to D status, and already been issued Vins!

That suggests to me that someone somewhere up the corporate chain, changed their minds about something, and pumped the brakes... Hard.

None of this makes a whole heckuva lot of sense.

But, why would they cancel any further 2021 orders, in only April?

I have yet to hear of any 392-specific parts shortages that could have led to that decision. Hell, even the 392’s engine and transmission are shared with other platforms...

My fear, (and it’s nothing more than that, just a theory or concern, I have no evidence to support this, at least not yet), is that Stellantis’ new leadership is having bean counters pour over all of their new companies and acquisitions, and someone just pointed out all the gas tax credits (or whatever they are called) that they were going to have to pay to just the US alone, to continue selling the 392, and the powers that be basically said ”ya, no thanks.”

I hope I’m way off base, and that isn’t the case at all, but the problem is as always, that in the absence of any real information, people are left to just speculate WTF is going on...

Some kind, or rather, ANY kind of INFO from Jeep or Stellantis would be pretty helpful right about now, if for nothing else but to give some peace of mind to those still waiting for their order to even be picked up.

Just my worrisome nature, for sure, but still..

Hopefully someone with some inside info can chime in and blow up my theory. This is one case, where I would be A-OK with that. :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
Acording to 392 project manager, they have more orders for them than they can fill for model year 2021. Supplies, logistics, ect determine totals that can be produced. Dealers were told day one how many allotments they would receive for my 21. Of course anything can change but only within perimeters available. Not that this clears up any confusion...😉

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I have to admit that I agree... I’m actually worried that the run is going to be shorter than any of us imagined.

The sudden stoppage of taking new orders last week, followed by kicking another 80 orders back out of D this week? (Right after letting them in, no less?) And yeah, I understand that they were supposedly orders from dealers that didn’t have allocations, but they had already been accepted! They had already made it to D status, and already been issued Vins!

That suggests to me that someone somewhere up the corporate chain, changed their minds about something, and pumped the brakes... Hard.

None of this makes a whole heckuva lot of sense.

But, why would they cancel any further 2021 orders, in only April?

I have yet to hear of any 392-specific parts shortages that could have led to that decision. Hell, even the 392’s engine and transmission are shared with other platforms...

My fear, (and it’s nothing more than that, just a theory or concern, I have no evidence to support this, at least not yet), is that Stellantis’ new leadership is having bean counters pour over all of their new companies and acquisitions, and someone just pointed out all the gas tax credits (or whatever they are called) that they were going to have to pay to just the US alone, to continue selling the 392, and the powers that be basically said ”ya, no thanks.”

I hope I’m way off base, and that isn’t the case at all, but the problem is as always, that in the absence of any real information, people are left to just speculate WTF is going on...

Some kind, or rather, ANY kind of INFO from Jeep or Stellantis would be pretty helpful right about now, if for nothing else but to give some peace of mind to those still waiting for their order to even be picked up.

Just my worrisome nature, for sure, but still..

Hopefully someone with some inside info can chime in and blow up my theory. This is one case, where I would be A-OK with that. :like:
I know that's all speculation but seriously it's almost like you were listing to a conversation I had with one of my Battle Buddies and repeating. Like seriously, nailed it on the head, at least why I think they are going to be short lived.
Acording to 392 project manager, they have more orders for them than they can fill for model year 2021. Supplies, logistics, ect determine totals that can be produced. Dealers were told day one how many allotments they would receive for my 21. Of course anything can change but only within perimeters available. Not that this clears up any confusion...😉
Yes but that's the question, what was to many orders to fill, it doesn't seem like there were many to begin with.

SandStorm4x4

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21Sarge 392, ‘15 Tank JKUR, ‘07 Resc.GreenJKUR
i got tired of waiting ..... found a sarge green 392 in Cali, got supper lucky last minute and scooped this up 💪🏼
this was the 1rst , only and last allocation this dealer had

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
I have half a mind to do the same thing. I am not even sure mine is coming at all. 3 and 1/2 weeks in I status. Jeep says there’s not a problem. My dealer says it is due to the chip shortage. Another says it’s because they want to send them out in stages. No one can tell me what is actually happening.
Sponsored