Sponsored

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Maybe I missed this, how long typically from the ship date, to the dealer? Thank you.
Sponsored

Cabernet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler X
Maybe I missed this, how long typically from the ship date, to the dealer? Thank you.
There are several (myself included) that know their 392's are built, but the factory has not released any of them for shipping at the moment. So your guess at the moment is just as good as ours, as far as how long it takes to get to the dealer. I have a crystal ball if you would like to borrow it.

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
There are several (myself included) that know their 392's are built, but the factory has not released any of them for shipping at the moment.
I was told anywhere from 10-15 days once released from the plant. But who knows..

Hey guys & gals, when I was waiting for my Shelby last fall, (it was shipped via railcar), the Ford dealer warned me that it could wait to be loaded onto a train at the storage area for an indefinite amount of time, (sometimes less than a day, and sometimes weeks), because they aren't loaded on the train until they have an entire carload going to the same area.

Along those lines, I came across this in the order build & tracking thread from Nerubi, and thought I'd share it because it sounds like newly built Jeeps go through the same kind of process.

Once past this it will go to storage, JS, to wait for shipping or released by the plant to transport, KZ. When your order originally goes into the system the delivery location is known and the method of shipping is determined at that time. If within 250 mile up to 300 miles of the plant it is usually trucked to the dealer. Further than that it is shipped via railroad. Orders may be sequenced based on location grouping. They sit until there are enough going to the same area to fill a truck or railcar.
A new set of patience is necessary. Jeep does not control this process. They also do not get timely info on the transit location at Jeep Chat. They often give two week windows and change that window frequently. Your dealer should have access to a transit logistics system such as Rubicon VLS (not the same as the Jeep Rubicon) that provides excellent detail especially if by rail. It shows when and where it was loaded in Toledo, the carrier and the ETA to drop. It also updates location, date and time every time the railcar passes an RFID reader with an updated ETA. If your dealer is reluctant to provide this information don't hesitate to push for it.

This doesn't help at all with guesstimating a time frame, but I hope it at least helps provide some clarity with how the process works.

Fingers crossed that these get shipped out soon.
-Rob

Last edited:

CaliLS3

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon JL 4DR Mojito
Have they received info on when the factory is going to release them or just assuming based on build dates?
mine is shipping 4/7 and dealer said they expect on their lot 4/26

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
Well, đź’©!!! Last update from dealer, it had est ship date of today. Just heard back from him that it is now pushed to 3/25... :headbang: :angry:

Sponsored

911turboz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392 Rub, 13 JLU, 97 TJ, 76 CJ7, 74 CJ5, 06 LJ,+
Occupation
VP Land Rover Denver
Anybody's 392 ship yet?

GRXKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2010 F150, 2016 Escape, 1970 GTX
Occupation
Own and operate a remodeling company
I have a build sheet, now what? How long?

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)