Sponsored

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
I was looking online and on eBay there were a couple Rubicon takeoffs that sold for $1500-$1900. So I am hoping about the same, maybe even 2k since they are unique. Mine will have only the 10 miles on them to get the Jeep from the dealer to my house. Here are a few I found.
The rubber alone is worth $1500+ (MT). With that said, I've sold rims w/tires to my dealer in the past for $1800 during the purchase. But with this jeep, I'm leaving everything stock until the first set of tires wear out (should be about 40k miles).

I have looked at bronze aftermarket rims and not finding a lot of options I like.
Sponsored

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
A deposit was put down, but they wouldnt agree to pricing since it wasnt released yet. I believe by law they have to give me the deposit back.
If they didn’t want to return the deposit, I’d contact FCA and legal council immediately.

Is there a “slimy/dishonest dealership thread” here? If so, add their name to it.

Before anyone quotes “capitalism” and Adam Smith’s “Invisible Hand”, if the dealership knew they might not sell at MSRP, they should never had taken the deposit or even offered the opportunity to build one without being clear there would be an ADM.

If they were upfront about the 20k ADM and they were able to get it, then good for the dealership. This is not the case.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I went to D1 today, with a ship date of 4/10

VIN ending 634210. Ordered 11/19. Granite, half doors, power top.
Today I was going to start a 1 week no check after another disappointing up date when I ready your post and thought seems like they've been building them in batched maybe I'll luck out and ....

"I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build very soon! I recommend checking back in the next week or so and we would be happy to check on your order. "

Looks like I won't be long behind you. :clap:

JDM23

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Dodge Ram
Today I was going to start a 1 week no check after another disappointing up date when I ready your post and thought seems like they've been building them in batched maybe I'll luck out and ....

"I can see all the required materials for your order have been gathered and the plant has sequenced your order for production, it should be entering the build very soon! I recommend checking back in the next week or so and we would be happy to check on your order. "

I got the same response as well this morning. Some progress is better than none. 🤞🤞

Sponsored

beckbuilt

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392, 18 JLUS
Hey guys. Its exciting to see the 392 status is now moving! Hopefully they will show up at dealers very soon.
I'm not looking for an exact number, but curious if anyone has found a dealer willing to sell below MSRP? Some of the quotes above are insane.

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
If you find a dealer selling them below MSRP I'd like 2 of them.

Cabernet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler X
Vin ending 634216

JS status for a week: good luck on getting Jeep to release these beasts.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Just an update, got the message from my dealer this AM, my order has FINALLY moved to D1 status, with a tentative build/ship date of April 9th!

Still another month away till it's even built, but at this point I'll take any progress as a reason to celebrate!

Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Just an update, got the message from my dealer this AM, my order has FINALLY moved to D1 status, with a tentative build/ship date of April 9th!

Still another month away till it's even built, but at this point I'll take any progress as a reason to celebrate!
That date has got to be like seeing the light at the end of a tunnel. Can't wait to hear mine.

Last edited:

SteveSRT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali, 2021 392 Rubicon

😭 They told me last week all the parts were gathered and they should schedule soon then this week they told me they were still gathering parts. I hope I just got someone that didn't look hard. This wait is a killer

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
😭 They told me last week all the parts were gathered and they should schedule soon then this week they told me they were still gathering parts. I hope I just got someone that didn't look hard. This wait is a killer
Don't read too much into it, they are all over the map with their responses. On the positive side, I got that same message about expecting an "update soon" around two weeks ago, and went D1 today, so hopefully you'll do the same within a week or so, or even sooner! :)