REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
He told me that a few weeks after I ordered and asked if I wanted to switch. I am willing to wait for what I want.
I did same, changed it to sting grey, computer accepted change, then a couple days later it switched back to blue and rep said computer wont accept change due to dealer not even having an allocation...bummer... so Im just riding it out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New here. Ordered a 392 on 4-11-21. Checked with the dealer today and they have me in the BX status. From what I can see above just because you have a BX status does not mean you are guaranteed a build, is that correct? The dealer says this will be built and sent me this picture:
jeep build.jpg
at this time, it appears it will only be built if the dealer had allocations. mine has 4 sold orders, all got vins issued mistakenly and are now back in BX. make sure your dealer had/has alocations

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
I did same, changed it to sting grey, computer accepted change, then a couple days later it switched back to blue and rep said computer wont accept change due to dealer not even having an allocation...bummer... so Im just riding it out.
How did you know the changes reverted back? Did the dealer notify you?

I ask because I took over an order that was placed on 12/4/20 that the previous buyer backed out on. I made some changes, satin frill, and hinge gate reinforcement and as far as I know, it took.

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did you know the changes reverted back? Did the dealer notify you?

I ask because I took over an order that was placed on 12/4/20 that the previous buyer backed out on. I made some changes, satin frill, and hinge gate reinforcement and as far as I know, it took.
yes, dealers who had non allotted orders were notified. whats the last 6 of your vin?

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
yes, dealers who had non allotted orders were notified. whats the last 6 of your vin?
That's my quandry... I have no Vin yet.. Just a von. It is sitting in BX. I chatted with Jeep cares today and they said they would track the order because it has been such a long time in BX. They took my info and said They would get back to me in 1 to 3 days.

Sponsored

MHE0716

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Checked with Jeep Chat today and got an ominous reply different from all others. "There are updates pending on your order that must be discussed and reviewed directly with your ordering dealership."

I called my dealer and he has no clue but is checking with his rep. My dealer did say that he cancelled 3 other Wrangler orders around 4/12 when I went from D to BX in the hope of ensuring there was not an issue with allocations for my 392. This is getting nuts since the factory is still pumping out hundreds of Wranglers each day---with little to none of them being 392's. VIN=735xxx
Exactly the same thing that happened to me. "There are updates pending on your order that must be discussed and reviewed directly with your ordering dealership."

I called my dealer and he conferenced me in with his rep. They told me there Is nothing wrong with the order and both the rep and the dealer asked what number they should call to resolve. I told them I had no idea, didn’t even ask as I assumed they would Know the number. I told the dealer I would chat again with Jeep Get the number and call back.

I did the exact same thing I did before... provided my VIN and personal information and asked for status Of my 392. The person I was chatting with this time told me my vehicle was ready for production and check back later this week for additional production information.

I’m beginning to see that no one really knows what is going on.

jeepken

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392
Checked with Jeep Chat today and got an ominous reply different from all others. "There are updates pending on your order that must be discussed and reviewed directly with your ordering dealership."

I called my dealer and he has no clue but is checking with his rep. My dealer did say that he cancelled 3 other Wrangler orders around 4/12 when I went from D to BX in the hope of ensuring there was not an issue with allocations for my 392. This is getting nuts since the factory is still pumping out hundreds of Wranglers each day---with little to none of them being 392's. VIN=735xxx
Really weird and safe to assume nobody knows what is happening with these 392's. After my earlier post, my dealer asked me if I had a pic of being in D status so I sent him back a copy of the POC he provided me showing VIN and D. I checked in at the end of the day and he said that his rep has sent it up to the guys above him to try and get an answer. My dealer had no idea of the 80 VINs that were inadvertently issued so no telling if I was in that group or not. Either way, I'm in BX with a VIN. I'm definitely giving a level of trust with my dealer since I've bought two Jeeps from him in the past and he's now the sales manager.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Hey all!

I've still been keeping up with this thread even though my 392 arrived a couple weeks ago, and I just wanted to give you newer guys a reminder, especially if you didn't read through all eight-million posts in this thread. 😄 Do not, and I mean DO NOT put much faith, if any, into anything Jeep chat says. From the time I ordered back in mid December, all the way to delivery at my dealer in mid April, throughout about a gazillion chats, Jeep chat only ONCE told me anything substantive, and it was actually the very last communication I ever had with them, when they finally told me my Jeep had shipped.

Prior to that, all they EVER gave me was the same "canned" responses that tell you basically nothing, that they keep giving to you guys now. They are also famous for contradicting whatever the LAST Jeep Chat representative told you. There are countless threads throughout the forum that say the same thing as well, so it's not just me. They are about as useless as you can get, at least in regards to ordering.

Unfortunately, that means you can really only rely on what your dealer tells you, which is great if you have a good one, but can really suck if you think your dealer is being less than straightforward with you.

Good luck with all of your orders, Hope you all get some good news soon!
-Rob

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
Hey all!

I've still been keeping up with this thread even though my 392 arrived a couple weeks ago, and I just wanted to give you newer guys a reminder, especially if you didn't read through all eight-million posts in this thread. 😄 Do not, and I mean DO NOT put much faith, if any, into anything Jeep chat says. From the time I ordered back in mid December, all the way to delivery at my dealer in mid April, throughout about a gazillion chats, Jeep chat only ONCE told me anything substantive, and it was actually the very last communication I ever had with them, when they finally told me my Jeep had shipped.

Prior to that, all they EVER gave me was the same "canned" responses that tell you basically nothing, that they keep giving to you guys now. They are also famous for contradicting whatever the LAST Jeep Chat representative told you. There are countless threads throughout the forum that say the same thing as well, so it's not just me. They are about as useless as you can get, at least in regards to ordering.

Unfortunately, that means you can really only rely on what your dealer tells you, which is great if you have a good one, but can really suck if you think your dealer is being less than straightforward with you.

Good luck with all of your orders, Hope you all get some good news soon!
-Rob
Yup

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Tonight's 5/3 update as of 2300 CST -
Checking for a new WindowSticker or BuildSheet:

8 VIN(s) received new BuildSheet(s):

1 VIN(s) received new WindowSticker(s):
Tonight's 5/4 update as of 2300 CST -
Checking for a new WindowSticker or BuildSheet:

0 VIN(s) received new BuildSheet(s):

1 VIN(s) received new WindowSticker(s):

Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
That’s horrible. Wow. I actually found a 392 that was available on a dealer showroom in South Carolina for MSRP ($78k) on Auto trader. Spoke to a salesman and gave all my information, right when we were speaking about finances and about to pull the trigger and set up shipping and everything to CA and the sales guy texted me: “ok the 392 is 20k over msrp”

Be careful of these crooked dealers. I get it everyone wants to make money. But to advertise one thing and at the last minute pull that crap baffles me.

27649FBA-F735-46AB-B40A-3A9B3701E919.jpeg

This EXACT shit happens to my 3 times already. All last minute 20k 10k......

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
at this time, it appears it will only be built if the dealer had allocations. mine has 4 sold orders, all got vins issued mistakenly and are now back in BX. make sure your dealer had/has alocations
How to verify if they indeed have allocation? Words form sales doesn't seems trustworthy..

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How to verify if they indeed have allocation? Words form sales doesn't seems trustworthy..
go right to the manager, any salesperson with a conscience will get that info for you

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
So my Jeep was ordered on 12/4/20 and has been stuck in BX since then and no VIN has been assigned.

I contacted Jeep Cares and they said that they will refer this to the tracking team to see what the hold up is. Well here is their response.

Hello Leonardo!

I have an update from our tracking team- Your order has been accepted into the ordering system.
Customer should be encouraged to keep in touch with their ordering dealership who will have the latest order updates and estimates to provide.

Thank you.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Rubicon 392 first Vin and order, build and delivery tracking list {filename}

I mean, no shit sherlock. Jeep cares knows this. I know this. It is actually laughable!

So I emailed them back asking why this is taking so long. Let's see if they respond.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
So my Jeep was ordered on 12/4/20 and has been stuck in BX since then and no VIN has been assigned.

I contacted Jeep Cares and they said that they will refer this to the tracking team to see what the hold up is. Well here is their response.

Hello Leonardo!

I have an update from our tracking team- Your order has been accepted into the ordering system.
Customer should be encouraged to keep in touch with their ordering dealership who will have the latest order updates and estimates to provide.

Thank you.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Rubicon 392 first Vin and order, build and delivery tracking list {filename}

I mean, no shit sherlock. Jeep cares knows this. I know this. It is actually laughable!

So I emailed them back asking why this is taking so long. Let's see if they respond.
At least you got a response - I was told to expect a response to my case# inquiry by last Monday... still nothing.
Sponsored