REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
I placed my order Nov. 25 Granite Dual top off-road camera hinge-gate tow package satin grille floor mats trail rail system headliner and just got my Vin#735295. How do i go about checking on the progress with the Vin#
Dealer is the only one with up to the minute status. jeep chat is about 4-7 days behind, and cant give the code. your salesman should be able to get you a current PO printout in 60 seconds with status code in the upper right
Sponsored

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
Ok, based on the VIN list from REBEL_JTs spreadsheet, in the last 24 hours since I last checked, I can see the following as of 2130 CST:

3 VINs received new BuildSheets:

3 VINs received new WindowStickers (They already had BuildSheets as of COB 4/26):

No other changes to those VINs already listed on REBEL_JT's spreadsheet, I checked ~91 VINs having no data or partial data.
(If the assembly line can build 50 wranglers a day, it looks like at least 6 of those were 392s today)

Take it all with a grain of salt, I'm still trying to determine the trend(s) if any.
Oh, there is one (1) trend - they are trending towards completion :)
current figures from the assembly line are 1000 wranglers a day, 45 are 392's 2 10 hour shifts, 6 days a week and sunday shift if they get enough volunteers. you are correct, they are in the 700xxx's building, some lower ones are not built yet??? dealer may have inadvertently forgot to mark as sold unit.

CockneyUSA

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X, Corvette Grand Sport, Toyota Tundra. Ordering 392...
current figures from the assembly line are 1000 wranglers a day, 45 are 392's 2 10 hour shifts, 6 days a week and sunday shift if they get enough volunteers. you are correct, they are in the 700xxx's building, some lower ones are not built yet??? dealer may have inadvertently forgot to mark as sold unit.
Nope. Mine is marked as sold. 699852. Est ship 5/18. Three of their four are delivered or on the way. Mine isn't for some reason.

CockneyUSA

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X, Corvette Grand Sport, Toyota Tundra. Ordering 392...
Nope. Mine is marked as sold. 699852. Est ship 5/18. Three of their four are delivered or on the way. Mine isn't for some reason.
Funny. None of my dealers orders are showing up in cryptostickers. Even the delivered ones. Why is that?

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Ok, based on the VIN list from REBEL_JTs spreadsheet, in the last 24 hours since I last checked, I can see the following as of 2130 CST:

3 VINs received new BuildSheets:

3 VINs received new WindowStickers (They already had BuildSheets as of COB 4/26):

No other changes to those VINs already listed on REBEL_JT's spreadsheet, I checked ~91 VINs having no data or partial data.
(If the assembly line can build 50 wranglers a day, it looks like at least 6 of those were 392s today)

Take it all with a grain of salt, I'm still trying to determine the trend(s) if any.
Oh, there is one (1) trend - they are trending towards completion :)
Tonight's 4/28 update as of 2230 CST -

1 VIN(s) received new BuildSheet(s):

0 VIN(s) received new WindowSticker(s):

Not so sure they are making 45 392's per day...

Sponsored

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
Tonight's 4/28 update as of 2230 CST -

1 VIN(s) received new BuildSheet(s):

0 VIN(s) received new WindowSticker(s):

Not so sure they are making 45 392's per day...
Oh rats, they skipped me. My VIN is 710722.

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
the other original allocation my dealer has is still stuck in storage. they will arrive, your patience will be rewarded!

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Cross-post from the Order, build, tracking, delivery thread, but since its 392-specific ...

Does anyone know if you get a VIN whether that means the vehicle will actually get built? Anyone received a VIN and then had their ordered cancelled?

My 392 order was put in on 4/6. Dealer sent me the VIN and POC on 4/15. VIN is 736065.

Today the dealer told me it’s still in BX, but they were told “that there is a good chance we do not get the Jeep”. I’ve asked who said that, but no answer yet. I contacted Jeep chat this afternoon and they said they are “showing we are gathering parts for the order.”

any thoughts/input from the collective?
I just got off with Jeep Chat and got an updated response:

Tuesday, 4/27: “showing we are gathering parts for the order”
Today, 4/29: “Passed edit available to schedule. Pending availability of production capacity.”

The ‘pending availability of production capacity’ concerns me a bit. I then asked if having a VIN means it will be built even if delayed, she told me ”We are only provided build updates. Your vehicle will be moving to the next status shortly.”

so, still no clear answer on whether a VIN means a build. I also still have not gotten a response from my dealer about who told them “there is a good chance (they) do not get the Jeep” ... despite a sold order with a VIN.

I’m going to try Jeep Chat again on Monday.

Sponsored

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
Just got some good news from my dealership today, my build is scheduled for delivery 5/10. Vin 717386
Starting to get excited now!
That is awesome! When did it hit D1?

392Stinger

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392, 2021 Tahoe
Funny. Jeep chat said that a unit can only be in D1 for a maximum of 30 days. They told me they would open a case if mine went over that.
Well i am not sure of how it works but I’ve been pinging my dealer since March and they’ve stated in D1 since that time. Chat told me they would not share status anymore, it had to come from dealership, so who knows which is right these days!

Wicked3.0

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
I just got off with Jeep Chat and got an updated response:

Tuesday, 4/27: “showing we are gathering parts for the order”
Today, 4/29: “Passed edit available to schedule. Pending availability of production capacity.”

The ‘pending availability of production capacity’ concerns me a bit. I then asked if having a VIN means it will be built even if delayed, she told me ”We are only provided build updates. Your vehicle will be moving to the next status shortly.”

so, still no clear answer on whether a VIN means a build. I also still have not gotten a response from my dealer about who told them “there is a good chance (they) do not get the Jeep” ... despite a sold order with a VIN.

I’m going to try Jeep Chat again on Monday.

I'm in the exact same boat with those statuses that you mentioned above. It concerns me too. And what's even more concerning is I sold my JL back in January anticipating having this 392 in "February" when I ordered on 11/19. My bad. I've been looking around Autotrader and even though it says 100+ listings available nationwide, you start calling these dealers and they all say either they've been sold, the vehicles are enroute scheduled to be delivered to their dealer mid May, or the 392s are there sitting but they want $10k +/- markups. I was ready to jump ship on waiting for my order and just buy on the lot from a dealer up to 1,000 or more miles away but options are looking slim. Maybe it's because I'm picky and want the sky 1 touch too..... I might have to sacrifice that but it's such a cool option! Good luck to all.
Sponsored