Sponsored

Kilo51

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392 XR
Not yet, but I did receive notice of two recalls and that I believe has to do with this particular issue. Ford dealership said they’d need to keep my truck for a few days for “reprogramming.” I told the service guy I hoped to be trading in Dec and he said don’t worry about it - it won’t do any damage to the motor.
The PCM reprogram will delay it but not if they have already failed. And it takes more than a few days for replacement - that is if they can get the parts. The "failed phasers" look pretty much identical to new ones. Ford corporate is still going with straight denial and even blaming the customer for "lack of upkeep." I was going to go with a Raptor R but not after this $%!@ show.

tempImagec4JjR2.png

Kilo51

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392 XR
Crown get you for MSRP?
Yeah, Ken wouldn't go lower on his last allocation for the year. My local dealer listed... wait for it... 30k over sticker(824221). I got to drive it though before I ordered. They went 20k over for their last one and some idiot paid it. Others I contacted had addendums too that told me they wouldn't from previous conversations. I only paid invoice on my Raptor but figured I can't get lucky every time.

Last edited:

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Yeah, Ken wouldn't go lower on his last allocation for the year. My local dealer listed... wait for it... 30k over sticker(824221). I got to drive it though before I ordered. They went 20k over for their last one and some idiot paid it. Others I contacted had addendums too that told me they wouldn't from previous conversations. I only paid invoice on my Raptor but figured I can't get lucky every time.
I live not far from them. Last I knew a couple months ago when I stoped to look at a TRX, they never even placed an order for one. I was driving my Billet Silver 392 and a salesman came out and looked at it since he never saw or heard exhaust on one and told me nobody has even ordered one from them. You may very well be the first one!

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
The PCM reprogram will delay it but not if they have already failed. And it takes more than a few days for replacement - that is if they can get the parts. The "failed phasers" look pretty much identical to new ones. Ford corporate is still going with straight denial and even blaming the customer for "lack of upkeep." I was going to go with a Raptor R but not after this $%!@ show.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Rubicon 392 first Vin and order, build and delivery tracking list tempImagec4JjR2
I have railed on my 19 Licoln Navigator experience in other threads. When I would start it, it sounded like it had legos stuck in the valvetrain. I learned recently that it was the phasers. Got mama a caddy and let the dealer sort all that out. That was one of quite a few problems.

Back on topic...My jeep is still is JB status. It still sucks waiting.

Back off topic...I ordered a BMW at about the same time as the 392xr and it should be here today! I guess I can cry about waiting for my jeep in it. Might take the edge off. I am sure it will help.

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Please forgive me if this is a really dumb question, but how does this tracking work? I placed my order on Aug 19 (844193) and I’ve never seen an update on this thread. JC states all parts gathered and my dealership said I should hit the assembly line week of Dec 6. I’ve never been given a letter status from anyone. Also, still nothing on cryptosticker.
I just verified it is on the list and checked at least once daily - according to what you were provided we should see the buildsheet appear next week.

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor

I hope mine lasts until I trade it. What a shit show. I’m done with Ford after the blown Bronco launch (not completely their fault but blown nonetheless). I was all geeked for the Bronco Raptor but we’ll be lucky to see it by MY 24 and rumors of $30K ADM…no thanks! I’ve heard the Raptor R will be well north of $100K. 3rd gen Raptor is a huge disappointment imo, although that R will be BA.

tempImagec4JjR2.png

MTGOAT

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 GTO,14 Abarth,18 Velar,19 JLUR,22 392 XR
New one here

ordered 11/23
Xtreme Recon
Hydro Blue
SOT
Tow
Off road camera
I ordered on the same day and haven't received my VON yet... strange

Sponsored

BLU392

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392xr
I ordered on the same day and haven't received my VON yet... strange
I ordered from Chapman. I would ask your dealer for it. They likely have it if they ordered it.

MTGOAT

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 GTO,14 Abarth,18 Velar,19 JLUR,22 392 XR
I ordered from Chapman. I would ask your dealer for it. They likely have it if they ordered it.
checked in with them, still nothing :/ Not that it really matters. I just want to make sure they get my Tuscadero order in before Jeep stops accepting that color on an order.

Foxtrot1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Ugh! I had planned to pick up my 392XR (789434) this Friday but the dealer can’t get it from the local train yard and it’s been sitting only 25 miles from the dealer since 11/16. Apparently, the dealer’s sales manager has called Stellantis over 10 times to get the Jeep and they won’t return his call. I am
Starting to wonder if it got damaged by the train carrier. BTW, I placed my order on 6/28 and was shipped on 11/3.

valen22us

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
I got a different message from JC today.
Basically is the same thing with the addition of the 2022 production information.

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 13.12.11.png