Sponsored

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr
Hey guys, can you all put last 6 of vin in your profile signature, or at least in each update post so membrain and I can keep track of whos who. Thanks. And another update: sundays entire shift was cancelled at the factory.
Done. :)
Thanks for all your work on this!
Chapman put me at D1 now, with an est ship date of 10-26
I ordered 9/27, non XR, Sky and Gorilla glass only options.
JC still says I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly.
Who knows?
Seems really odd it would have moved that quickly with all that's going on.

SPRINKLES

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, 2001 TJ
Done. :)
Thanks for all your work on this!
Chapman put me at D1 now, with an est ship date of 10-26
I ordered 9/27, non XR, Sky and Gorilla glass only options.
JC still says I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly.
Who knows?
Seems really odd it would have moved that quickly with all that's going on.
I ordered mine almost a month ago. Dealership sent me a screenshot of their orders, showing it'd ship on 10/20. I was surprised it moved this fast... but I have a strong STRONG suspicion that it'll be much longer than that.

Non-XR 392.

Sponsored

SPRINKLES

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, 2001 TJ

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for everyone's support -

Rebel started the original list with VINs provided by those making the order.

Then I heard the Wrangler plant was doing 1000+ a week and I saw the numbers on Rebel's weren't adding up and I wanted to know why.
So I started a different list looking for every possible 392 VIN and was originally piggy-backing off of Rebel's list.
The Wrangler VIN pool is a potential 1 million VINs - 000000 thru 999999 ... that's a lot to go manually check every day and I eventually started automating the majority of the daily checks. I call this "brute force checking" as every potential VIN has to be checked against being a 392 or not, and those I find and verify are labeled as "Good VIN". I also determined there are at least 33 different Wrangler trims noted by the different VIN variants, so go figure that into the equation. Oh, and then when I realized Jeep was building vehicles out of VIN sequence I had to go back over previously checked potential number VIN groupings... total insanity!

While my list is partially automated, I also do a daily manual check on each of the VINs from Rebel's list, and these are noted with a name of the potential owner. These were also switched over to Good VIN on my public list (to protect the innocent) since the full VIN is also provided (versus just the last 6).

Up until recently, I did not populate color or state data until the buildsheet and windowstickers materialized, thus creating the "verified" state, and this is why some still appear to be missing data.

RED means not verified with a buildsheet or windowsticker
PURPLE means verified buildsheet only
BLUE means verified with both a buildsheet and windowsticker

I use the buildsheet to populate color and state and the windowsticker provides the MSRP.

Some VINs made it through to buildsheet only and then were either canceled or hidden - totally out of my control.

...and there you have it. :)

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
...I was going to offer some perspective on how and why the corporate decisions and supply chain were impacting the builds, but just decided to not even go there... anyone's guess is as good as the next.

:)

Brettnyt

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392XR, 2017 BMW M3
Just spoke with my dealer. He said it’s currently being built and estimated ship date is 10/29. 850039 :rock:

Sponsored

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Hopefully I'll be right behind you...

BeepBeepIssaJeep

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392 Xtreme Recon
getting more and more likely that mine flips. I think you are the first August date that I have seen confirm the flip.
Sponsored