Sponsored

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
So, this allocation thing - I have a questio…..
I was talking to a dealer who said allocation does not apply to sold orders with names on them. What he meant by that was - He could take my order and mark it as sold under my name and it would not go against his allocation.

Thoughts?
Confirmation?
Someone will correct me if I’m wrong. From what I gather, for a dealer to order a 392 they had to have an allocation. Allocations are earned by selling specific models and specific amounts. Now Chapman has been placing orders above their allocation and they’ve been getting built. Recently someone either on here or the FB group said FCA removed the allocation requirement on the 392.
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to give you some context, I ordered a 392 XR from Chapman about 2 weeks earlier than you (Late Aug) - and he confirmed this morning that my order did NOT get bumped, I am still in "D" status and still scheduled to be a 2021. (not that there is any guarantee)

Frankly I have mixed feelings about mine NOT getting bumped. On the one hand I am glad it is getting built, well, hopefully soon. On the other hand, if the price remained the same, I would much rather get a "2022" MY vehicle than a 2021 for the inevitable sale down the road.

Or lets put it this way - somebody is going to get a 2021 jeep delivered in December/January and the very next day, someone is going to get a 2022 jeep delivered - and as far as we're aware right now the prices will be similar.
I’m in the same situation as you 7/29 order at Chapman still D. I wouldn’t mind getting bumped to 22 but from what I gather snazzberry won’t be avaliable in 2022. If there even is a 22 392 still a lot of unknowns.

Bhodi11

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Just to give you some context, I ordered a 392 XR from Chapman about 2 weeks earlier than you (Late Aug) - and he confirmed this morning that my order did NOT get bumped, I am still in "D" status and still scheduled to be a 2021. (not that there is any guarantee)

Frankly I have mixed feelings about mine NOT getting bumped. On the one hand I am glad it is getting built, well, hopefully soon. On the other hand, if the price remained the same, I would much rather get a "2022" MY vehicle than a 2021 for the inevitable sale down the road.

Or lets put it this way - somebody is going to get a 2021 jeep delivered in December/January and the very next day, someone is going to get a 2022 jeep delivered - and as far as we're aware right now the prices will be similar.
What color and options did you order?

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
What color and options did you order?
Blue 392 - XR, front cam, sky one touch, Gorilla Glass, Tow package. But I've been down this road before, there's no good predictability behind what gets built when. Presumably they have reasons for how they schedule, but it is a mystery externally.

Bhodi11

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Blue 392 - XR, front cam, sky one touch, Gorilla Glass, Tow package. But I've been down this road before, there's no good predictability behind what gets built when. Presumably they have reasons for how they schedule, but it is a mystery externally.
My exact order but Sting Grey. If you decide to bail on it for a 22 let me know. I like blue.

Sponsored

BigMac007

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2021 Jl 392 (on order)
My exact order but Sting Grey. If you decide to bail on it for a 22 let me know. I like blue.
I was gonna say the same thing…lol…I’ll take it if you don’t want it, I’ll find room for an 2nd one

cride1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Can anybody confirm that you can’t order a 392 from a dealer unless they have an allocation? Stopped by my local small dealer today and asked them about ordering one. They said they have 4 in order but no allocation and could not order one for me? I have never special ordered a new vehicle so not totally sure of the process.

Someone will correct me if I’m wrong. From what I gather, for a dealer to order a 392 they had to have an allocation. Allocations are earned by selling specific models and specific amounts. Now Chapman has been placing orders above their allocation and they’ve been getting built. Recently someone either on here or the FB group said FCA removed the allocation requirement on the 392.

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
Can anybody confirm that you can’t order a 392 from a dealer unless they have an allocation? Stopped by my local small dealer today and asked them about ordering one. They said they have 4 in order but no allocation and could not order one for me? I have never special ordered a new vehicle so not totally sure of the process.
They can. They have to mark it as a sold order under your name and it’ll stick most likely. With the model year switch coming it’s prob more up in the air now.

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
Haha I should clarify that I’m not looking to get out of it. Just that at some point it will make more sense to get a 2022 instead of a 2021. Here in South FL good Jeep days are really Nov-April so I’m hoping the delivery timing works out.

cride1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Well they must not know how their process works…

They can. They have to mark it as a sold order under your name and it’ll stick most likely. With the model year switch coming it’s prob more up in the air now.

Sponsored

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
Well they must not know how their process works…
i had the exact same experience at my long time dealer before ordering from Chapman. Told me they couldn’t. Chapman did order it, I have a vin, all parts are gathered and it should begin production very soon. Jeep chat speak….

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called a few local ones they said the same no allocations. The bigger ones would order it. Gupton,Criswell wouldn’t go under MSRP on a 392 only Chapman.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I can vouch for Chapman…Order above allocation and is now on their lot waiting for me to take her home…

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr
I called a few local ones they said the same no allocations. The bigger ones would order it. Gupton,Criswell wouldn’t go under MSRP on a 392 only Chapman.
My exact experience.
Contacted them both, plus Tri-cities here in NC.
Gupton did say he would place an order, but no guarantee it would be picked up without an allocation. On a 392, he said 1% below invoice.
Criswell wouldn't even place an order unless someone canceled.
Tri-Cities said he'd let me know if he gets any more allocations.

Chapman placed my order with no hesitation, and admitted it was over their allocations. $6k off, too (2.2% below invoice).
Placed it last week 9/27, and it was immediately accepted, Chapman sent me the VIN today!
Sponsored