Sponsored

Jmpmstr82

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
It seems all of the XRs, even non-392s have gone to additional equipment for several days. Don't be surprised if it is 7-10 days before shipped. Will be interesting to see if XR392s are different from non-392 XRs in that regard.
Mine has been in the additional equipment stage for 15 days as of today....
Sponsored

KJiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392 XR, 1996 Porsche 911
Mine has been in the additional equipment stage for 15 days as of today....
Hopefully it moves on ASAP! Seems like you're the longest I've seen in that stage so far.

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr
So my order with Chapman, which was placed only last week, over their allocation, appears to be moving along.
Last week JC said it was awaiting parts.
Today, they told me...
Your Jeep has been scheduled. This means all the parts have been received and it will begin the build in the next few weeks.

Other dealers I reached out to did not seem interested, as they had no allocations.
I did not expect any movement on my order for a while as Chapman also did not have any allocations.

Seems odd, but if it keeps up like this, I'm not complaining ;)

NC392

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM TRX, 2023 XR392 20th (on order)
855269 has entered D1 status, no scheduled build date yet.
So my order with Chapman, which was placed only last week, over their allocation, appears to be moving along.
Today, they told me...
Your Jeep has been scheduled. This means all the parts have been received and it will begin the build in the next few weeks.

Other dealers I reached out to did not seem interested, as they had no allocations.
I did not expect any movement on my order for a while as Chapman also did not have any allocations.

Jeep seems to be pretty loose with non-allocation. I ordered 855269 from a small dealer with no allocation and got VON/VIN in two days. Ordered 9/13 went to D1 yesterday.

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I never knew i was this impatient. My jeep got to the railyard on 9/22 and is only 4 hours from the dealer. The shipping eta was 9/22-10/1 and now 10/9. I dont understand the lead time from yard to dealer. Hopefully i get the call today.

Sponsored

Bhodi11

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
let me know if you get a response. so far crickets on my email.
Heard back from Chapman and my order was duplicated by FCA as a 22MY. That would lead me to believe there are no differences option wise between my 21 order that got put in BE status and the new 22 order. I did ask what if there was a new option I wanted to add that became available or add the dual door group (which I really wish I had) and Tom said right now it is not able to be amended. Assume I might be able to amend it but if not could just cancel and reorder. It does answer the question though if the 392 will be available in 22 since I now have an order for one. He also confirmed my 6k under MSRP deal would carry over.

Bhodi11

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Today, they told me...

Did you have the XR package?

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr

Sponsored

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr
Heard back from Chapman and my order was duplicated by FCA as a 22MY. That would lead me to believe there are no differences option wise between my 21 order that got put in BE status and the new 22 order. I did ask what if there was a new option I wanted to add that became available or add the dual door group (which I really wish I had) and Tom said right now it is not able to be amended. Assume I might be able to amend it but if not could just cancel and reorder. It does answer the question though if the 392 will be available in 22 since I now have an order for one. He also confirmed my 6k under MSRP deal would carry over.
A lot of good information in this post.
Thanks!

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
May want to hold on before cancelling the prior one, as I imagine you'll be asking for price protection if they bump up the price of the 2022 model. Who knows what is going on there though.

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
Heard back from Chapman and my order was duplicated by FCA as a 22MY. That would lead me to believe there are no differences option wise between my 21 order that got put in BE status and the new 22 order. It does answer the question though if the 392 will be available in 22 since I now have an order for one. He also confirmed my 6k under MSRP deal would carry over.
Just to give you some context, I ordered a 392 XR from Chapman about 2 weeks earlier than you (Late Aug) - and he confirmed this morning that my order did NOT get bumped, I am still in "D" status and still scheduled to be a 2021. (not that there is any guarantee)

Frankly I have mixed feelings about mine NOT getting bumped. On the one hand I am glad it is getting built, well, hopefully soon. On the other hand, if the price remained the same, I would much rather get a "2022" MY vehicle than a 2021 for the inevitable sale down the road.

Or lets put it this way - somebody is going to get a 2021 jeep delivered in December/January and the very next day, someone is going to get a 2022 jeep delivered - and as far as we're aware right now the prices will be similar.

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
So, this allocation thing - I have a questio…..
I was talking to a dealer who said allocation does not apply to sold orders with names on them. What he meant by that was - He could take my order and mark it as sold under my name and it would not go against his allocation.

Thoughts?
Confirmation?
Sponsored