First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
I'm trying to place an order for a 392. Yesterday I e-mailed the dealer (sales manager no less) the signed offer sheet, which just had pricing on it. I never heard anything back, so this morning I called and the sales manager said the order was "placed", but I never received any paperwork e-mailed to me saying it was placed or anything. I got a funny feeling and then e-mailed him a list of options earlier this morning I hand typed out in Word to make it crystal clear what I wanted. After I sent him my chosen options sheet, he said he'd give me a "final" very shortly, whatever that is, but never heard back. Here it is mid afternoon, several hours later, and still heard nothing. I think he's having issues placing my order, or he forgot some options and had to completely re-do the order, but that's just a gut feeling. If I wanted to track my order, what documentation should I ask him for? This guy I'm dealing with is the sales manager, and he has zero communication. I'm worried he screwed up my order.
I placed an order for a JLUW with a 3.6L V6 and manual trans. I configured the vehicle online and sent that to several dealers. long story short, I selected the local dealer to place the order and so he emailed me back the order sheet. Dealers have different quick option packages to select from so it never looks like how we select options from the online configurator. I had to go to the dealership, put in a $1000 deposit, and sign the paperwork (order sheet). He had me read it line by line and sign it to ensure everything was correct the vehicle we ordered IS what I wanted. Then he gave me the OTD price. I had him email me the paperwork I signed for my records and I'm still waiting to see when Sargent Willys will show up! :)
Sponsored

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr
I'm trying to place an order for a 392. Yesterday I e-mailed the dealer (sales manager no less) the signed offer sheet, which just had pricing on it. I never heard anything back, so this morning I called and the sales manager said the order was "placed", but I never received any paperwork e-mailed to me saying it was placed or anything. I got a funny feeling and then e-mailed him a list of options earlier this morning I hand typed out in Word to make it crystal clear what I wanted. After I sent him my chosen options sheet, he said he'd give me a "final" very shortly, whatever that is, but never heard back. Here it is mid afternoon, several hours later, and still heard nothing. I think he's having issues placing my order, or he forgot some options and had to completely re-do the order, but that's just a gut feeling. If I wanted to track my order, what documentation should I ask him for? This guy I'm dealing with is the sales manager, and he has zero communication. I'm worried he screwed up my order.
It seems allocations are drying up.
Heard back from Tri Cities in NC and Gupton in TN today. Neither had allocations.
Still waiting to hear back from Criswell.
Good luck with your order!

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
I’m replying to my own post so the backstory is there, but my hunch was right. Late afternoon I get a call from the sales manager and he said they got the wrong color ordered. My heart sank. And, they left off the all weather floor mats I had chosen (But they were still glad to charge me for them apparently). Since the order had been placed already, it took some work for them to get the color choice corrected in the system, and the sales manager even had to get the regional manager involved to make the color change happen. He said it was a very rare thing, but the post-order color change was approved and I should be good to go. He said I should get some kind of confirmation tomorrow. He said he can just order the floor mats through the dealer system, it doesn’t have to be done through the factory build order.

I’m still very nervous this is going to get screwed up. I am working with this dealer because they’re close, have allocation and are selling at MSRP. No other dealer within a hundred miles of me or more can match all three of those attributes. So tomorrow I’ll update again and see if all is ok.

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
10 months (302 days). The LAST first day order finally was delivered Saturday. I hope this tracking thread has helped all who have waited months for their 392 to arrive. Thanks for following my journey and stay tuned for updates. Aloha!
12BD871E-537A-4EAF-9E46-5E9719649088.jpeg
1F5E0466-F6C7-4D26-84AD-607454C021A4.jpeg
CB6A7F60-E7D5-467E-A859-338EA0437E2D.jpeg
Congratulations. It's Hot!

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I’m replying to my own post so the backstory is there, but my hunch was right. Late afternoon I get a call from the sales manager and he said they got the wrong color ordered. My heart sank. And, they left off the all weather floor mats I had chosen (But they were still glad to charge me for them apparently). Since the order had been placed already, it took some work for them to get the color choice corrected in the system, and the sales manager even had to get the regional manager involved to make the color change happen. He said it was a very rare thing, but the post-order color change was approved and I should be good to go. He said I should get some kind of confirmation tomorrow. He said he can just order the floor mats through the dealer system, it doesn’t have to be done through the factory build order.

I’m still very nervous this is going to get screwed up. I am working with this dealer because they’re close, have allocation and are selling at MSRP. No other dealer within a hundred miles of me or more can match all three of those attributes. So tomorrow I’ll update again and see if all is ok.
Who did you order from?

Sponsored

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Who did you order from?
I‘d rather not say. I don’t like publicly shaming dealers or people in general, and honestly the sales manager did sound like he took out all the stops to get the color changed. He was obviously stressing and caring enough about it to put in the effort to get it changed. He probably didn’t want to communicate with me until it was fixed and had good news. Which he did. I still have butterflies in my stomach though about this order and won’t be relieved until I get some kind of build sheet or something from him, hopefully tomorrow.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I‘d rather not say. I don’t like publicly shaming dealers or people in general, and honestly the sales manager did sound like he took out all the stops to get the color changed. He was obviously stressing and caring enough about it to put in the effort to get it changed. He probably didn’t want to communicate with me until it was fixed and had good news. Which he did. I still have butterflies in my stomach though about this order and won’t be relieved until I get some kind of build sheet or something from him, hopefully tomorrow.
I get what you mean but it might help someone else in future that is that area will save them a headache...bad dealership dont deserve my hard earned money...two cents. You can PM it to be if that helps

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
I get what you mean but it might help someone else in future that is that area will save them a headache...bad dealership dont deserve my hard earned money...two cents. You can PM it to be if that helps
Tell you what, if my Jeep comes in just like I wanted (which hopefully it will) and I’m happy like a kid on Christmas morning, then I’ll PM you the dealer name.
If I’m not satisfied, and the Jeep comes in from the factory all screwed up and not how I wanted it, I’m very probably taking legal action and will not be posting about it here.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Tell you what, if my Jeep comes in just like I wanted (which hopefully it will) and I’m happy like a kid on Christmas morning, the I’ll PM you the dealer name.
If I’m not satisfied, and the Jeep comes in from the factory all screwed up and not how I wanted it, I’m very probably taking legal action and will not be posting about it here.
Seems fair...looking forward to it, hopefully its what you want.

leakgator

First Name
Branson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Hey 392 family! So I checked after all of you said that allocations are getting sparse.
so I can still order a 21 392 with my new dealer,
I still have the non XR 392 from the other dealer (that hasn’t notified me of anything yet I think they are afraid to contact me since it’s wrong!) in my back pocket.
im starting to feel that a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush and although I want to wait for the 22s, I would hate to know I missed out on a 392. Uconnect 5 is all I’m waiting on and it’s not worth missing out on this 392. So I’m ordering a sarge green 392 with the XR.

I’ve got a really dumb question. Why can’t I order the half doors with the dual top? Am I just stupid? I may just order the skytouch with the half doors.
Thanks for all advice!

Sponsored

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Hey 392 family! So I checked after all of you said that allocations are getting sparse.
so I can still order a 21 392 with my new dealer,
I still have the non XR 392 from the other dealer (that hasn’t notified me of anything yet I think they are afraid to contact me since it’s wrong!) in my back pocket.
im starting to feel that a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush and although I want to wait for the 22s, I would hate to know I missed out on a 392. Uconnect 5 is all I’m waiting on and it’s not worth missing out on this 392. So I’m ordering a sarge green 392 with the XR.

I’ve got a really dumb question. Why can’t I order the half doors with the dual top? Am I just stupid? I may just order the skytouch with the half doors.
Thanks for all advice!
There's no room to ship them both. It's doors OR dual top group. Whatever you order comes loaded in the rear of the jeep.

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
I just never understood people ordering two 392’s with no intentions of buying both. To each his own I guess. I just couldn’t do that. I also see it on the TRX forum.
Sponsored