Sponsored

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
I got my VIN 5/11 and mine still hasn't been built, I was finally able to get my order escalated yesterday, but I've read it really doesn't do anything. I know Gecko and Gorilla Glass have been holding me back but I dont understand why they would make something available to order in May if they knew they wouldn't be building until the end of July or later, I would've ordered a different color and dropped GG possibly and wouldve had my Jeep in May more than likely. If Jeep does what we do at GM and builds VIN's in sequence then I'm like 26k ahead of you
I don't think GG is the hold up as quite a number of people have stated thier GG builds are built. It's frustrating though for sure and I feel for you since 5/11 was almost 3 months ago and still no build for you. I know these are crazy times we live in, but how have some Jeeps been built with a June build date and yours hasn't? Doesn't make sense.
Sponsored

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
It seems to be on case by case and depending on the representative you get. Called and was told basically the same info I get from Chat. The rep added dealers have the most up to date info and encouraged me to contact my dealer. I wish I had the same person you had who went the extra mile.
Just call back and tell them you just had an awful experience are very disappointed with the treatment you had with another rep that was not willing to be very helpful. I’ve done it a couple times and was able to get some really detailed info.

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Assuming it is about what options are ordered ect. Not knowing anything is beyond frustrating. I'd rather have complete honesty from Jeep then the typical pre-written responses. Times are different for sure which makes it even more important to be transparent and give straight honest answers. Lots of vehicles available to choose from in the 83k range.

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
My 767737 has GG. Just found out this morning that it left Toledo plant at 1:50am this morning on hauler instead of what I thought was a couple nights ago. It was my misunderstanding. Anyway it is 561 miles and a straight shot down I 75 south from Toledo to Ringgold, GA. My dealer is just less than 2mi from the exit at I 75. My 761710 was at dealer a few weeks ago in just about 12 hours after leaving plant. Good chance I may see it today.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Re: VIN 735268
I just finished my call with a Level 1 rep and was told mine is "In build status for 7-9 weeks" and that she was handing my case over to a case / brand manager with a new case #.

Email message received:
"Currently your vehicle is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. The vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At Stellantis, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. If being shipped via railcar, vehicles may be held until there are enough units to fill the shipping requirements.
We encourage you to periodically stay in touch with your selling dealership for additional order updates as they become available. We will also offer new updates as details become available.

Heather asked I provide more information as to the cause of the delay. The assembly plant was closed for a period of time however as of now it has resumed. Aside from that 392 orders are given additional time to ensure quality standards are met."

BTW, I also ordered another 392 on Wednesday but am still waiting on the VON info:

392-2_2021-07-28.jpg

Sponsored

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Currently your vehicle is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. The vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes.
Word for word, that's what I get from Jeep Chat.

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Okay maybe good isn’t the right word choice. I can agree with that. Just trying to remain optimistic during this somewhat dark time we’re living through. Better days are ahead.
I know, was just having a little fun and trying to add some humor!

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Built over a week ago and dealer passed along that the Jeep is in JS status. I hope it’s not setting in a field somewhere for months like the new Ford Superduties while waiting on a chip. VIN# 761618.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Built over a week ago and dealer passed along that the Jeep is in JS status. I hope it’s not setting in a field somewhere for months like the new Ford Superduties while waiting on a chip. VIN# 761618.
That would be terrible. Do you think it hasn’t shipped because it’s missing a chip?

Sponsored

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
i don’t have any insight to the true problem. But I think Stevie Wonder could probably see this coming. Ha! Maybe all the folks in the know could shed some light. Could explain why no window stickers are popping also. Maybe I’m just impatient? I hope so.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Re: VIN 735268
I just finished my call with a Level 1 rep and was told mine is "In build status for 7-9 weeks" and that she was handing my case over to a case / brand manager with a new case #.

Email message received:
"Currently your vehicle is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. The vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At Stellantis, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. If being shipped via railcar, vehicles may be held until there are enough units to fill the shipping requirements.
We encourage you to periodically stay in touch with your selling dealership for additional order updates as they become available. We will also offer new updates as details become available.

Heather asked I provide more information as to the cause of the delay. The assembly plant was closed for a period of time however as of now it has resumed. Aside from that 392 orders are given additional time to ensure quality standards are met."

BTW, I also ordered another 392 on Wednesday but am still waiting on the VON info:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep Rubicon 392 first Vin and order, build and delivery tracking list 18D2E9C7-D14A-4762-B350-3DE5C42830B6
I placed an order yesterday for a 392. I’m new to ordering Jeeps and got my VON instantly. How long do you think until I see a VIN?

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I placed an order yesterday for a 392. I’m new to ordering Jeeps and got my VON instantly. How long do you think until I see a VIN?
I also received my VON instantly. Checked 4 days later and I had a VIN then. I didn't check earlier, so the VIN may have been available before those 4 days.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
I also received my VON instantly. Checked 4 days later and I had a VIN then. I didn't check earlier, so the VIN may have been available before those 4 days.
How’d you check? Get ahold of your dealer?
Sponsored