Sponsored

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
I really hope mine squeezes through. It finished inspection and was at vendor getting additional something or others added yesterday. Here's what they said,

Jacklyn (7/29/2021, 8:35:11 AM): Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided
Your in JB. Your good. Gets released to shipping next!
Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
To clarify, youā€™re saying the chip shortage only affects Wranglerā€˜s this Saturday? Or, is the chip shortage going to last longer? Thank you
I read it production stops on Saturday. Maybe I am wrong.

GA392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
7/29 update as of 2100 CST -

Only a quick scan and update - still barely seeing any new WindowStickers...

Checking for new WindowStickers and/or BuildSheets...

0 new VIN(s) found with both WindowSicker(s) and BuildSheet(s):

0 new VIN(s) found with BuildSheet(s):

1 VIN(s) received new WindowSticker(s):
762559 black

2 tracked VIN(s) received new BuildSheets(s):
714846 granite crystal
774841 firecracker red

Tracking a total of 3085 VINs
for the MY 2021 392
Crazy! Amazed at just how arbitrary the build process is.

FenderCustom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 392, Audi R8
On PaulNY's advice I just called Jeep. Was told many factories shut down due to chip shortage. She said Toldeo just got up and running again and as a result she could not provide me with an update.

MORubi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JLUR, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Construction
I was just told that mine was built and in storage waiting for transport or being inspected. Iā€™d like to think that puts me a couple weeks out or so.

Sponsored

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392XR, 21 392, 20 JLUR, 04 Rubicon Crawler
This really sucks, I didn't order a 392 but I've been waiting since 5/4 for my Gecko JLUR
The first geiko rolled down the line last Saturday , should be soonā€¦

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To clarify, youā€™re saying the chip shortage only affects Wranglerā€˜s this Saturday? Or, is the chip shortage going to last longer? Thank you
Logistically, they know when they will run out of each part, so the line speed adjusts, just 1 day of 1000 not built delays when the have to complete stop like the gladiator line for a week.

GA392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Ladies and Gentlemen, stop using Jeep chat and call the customer care help line @ 877-426-5337. I just got off the phone with Margie, a LIVE HUMAN BEING who was AMAZING. We talked for 30 minutes and she cleared up a lot of questions I had. First, my 392 Xtreme Recon just went into D1 ā€œstatus gateline schedule ready to proceedā€ on 7-27. Margie has access to 3 different systems including the one our dealers use. However, the main one she uses is the one that directly reports from the actual Toledo plant. She stated that system is the most up to date status and the other 2 systems take time to catch up. Therefore, if Jeep Chat says youā€™re in D status or ā€œgathering partsā€ as they say, you could actually be in D1 or further along and the Jeep Chat system hasnā€™t updated. So, those of us Xtreme Recon with GG builds looks like we are finally starting to get pushed along. Oh, last but not least, ā€œCaraā€ is an actual person and Margie stated that all of Jeep customer care responses come from an actual person. Cara is real, although some of her verbiage is copied and pasted due to overwhelming numbers of emails/inquiries. Margie provided me incredible customer service and my advice (for what itā€™s worth) is to call the # and get real time updates. Lastly, she also escalated my case so that I would get weekly email updates regarding my build. Sorry for the long post, but Iā€™m like a kid on Christmas morning when she read my new status update. I understand it could still be a while before taking delivery, but at least speaking to a human rather than Jeep Chat was utterly satisfying :rock::clap:
Thanks for posting. Been in D for almost 60 days. Called Customer Care this morning using your advice. Was told my 392 was being built. Dealer still has me at D status. Hoping dealer is wrong and Customer Care is right!

OP
OP
REBEL JT

REBEL JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
No just 1 day off for wranglers, 1 week for gladiators
Interesting so the chip shortage is only affecting wranglers for one day of production? Wow these are crazy times but when I think back to what the world was going through during WWII I know we have it good.

Sponsored

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Interesting so the chip shortage is only affecting wranglers for one day of production? Wow these are crazy times but when I think back to what the world was going through during WWII I know we have it good.
What I understand is that the Wrangler is already affected and Jeep is adjusting production speed so they don't completely run out of chips. They will stop production one day this week. May be two days next week, three days the following, etc. Or, they may just stop production one day this week and another day in 10 or 15 days.

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Called Jeep CS as well. Vin #784563 ordered 6/16 got Vin 6/18 and not a peep since. So after a 20min. phone conversation in which waited for 15 of them she informed me that at 1st. she couldn't find it then she said there has been no movement at all. So escalated the case. You'd think paying north of 82k would be more motivation to make customers happy or at least make an effort to. Sitting for 45 days with no info. isn't good business.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Ladies and Gentlemen, stop using Jeep chat and call the customer care help line @ 877-426-5337. I just got off the phone with Margie, a LIVE HUMAN BEING who was AMAZING. We talked for 30 minutes and she cleared up a lot of questions I had. First, my 392 Xtreme Recon just went into D1 ā€œstatus gateline schedule ready to proceedā€ on 7-27. Margie has access to 3 different systems including the one our dealers use. However, the main one she uses is the one that directly reports from the actual Toledo plant. She stated that system is the most up to date status and the other 2 systems take time to catch up. Therefore, if Jeep Chat says youā€™re in D status or ā€œgathering partsā€ as they say, you could actually be in D1 or further along and the Jeep Chat system hasnā€™t updated. So, those of us Xtreme Recon with GG builds looks like we are finally starting to get pushed along. Oh, last but not least, ā€œCaraā€ is an actual person and Margie stated that all of Jeep customer care responses come from an actual person. Cara is real, although some of her verbiage is copied and pasted due to overwhelming numbers of emails/inquiries. Margie provided me incredible customer service and my advice (for what itā€™s worth) is to call the # and get real time updates. Lastly, she also escalated my case so that I would get weekly email updates regarding my build. Sorry for the long post, but Iā€™m like a kid on Christmas morning when she read my new status update. I understand it could still be a while before taking delivery, but at least speaking to a human rather than Jeep Chat was utterly satisfying :rock::clap:
It seems to be on case by case and depending on the representative you get. Called and was told basically the same info I get from Chat. The rep added dealers have the most up to date info and encouraged me to contact my dealer. I wish I had the same person you had who went the extra mile.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Called Jeep CS as well. Vin #784563 ordered 6/16 got Vin 6/18 and not a peep since. So after a 20min. phone conversation in which waited for 15 of them she informed me that at 1st. she couldn't find it then she said there has been no movement at all. So escalated the case. You'd think paying north of 82k would be more motivation to make customers happy or at least make an effort to. Sitting for 45 days with no info. isn't good business.
I got my VIN 5/11 and mine still hasn't been built, I was finally able to get my order escalated yesterday, but I've read it really doesn't do anything. I know Gecko and Gorilla Glass have been holding me back but I dont understand why they would make something available to order in May if they knew they wouldn't be building until the end of July or later, I would've ordered a different color and dropped GG possibly and wouldve had my Jeep in May more than likely. If Jeep does what we do at GM and builds VIN's in sequence then I'm like 26k ahead of you

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
It seems to be on case by case and depending on the representative you get. Called and was told basically the same info I get from Chat. The rep added dealers have the most up to date info and encouraged me to contact my dealer. I wish I had the same person you had who went the extra mile.
Margie was great. I also learned she is a "level 2' more senior rep, whereas the majority of the people that answer the phone are "level 1". She apparently has more access to data than the level 1 employees and can dive deeper into our builds. She also has the ability to escalate which the level 1 people do not. It's a crap shoot for sure and while I did get lucky, I am not getting my hopes up that magic is happening here. I am grounded and am still prepared for the worst, and hope for the best. I am hoping my rig gets built sometime in August and by some miracle makes it to me by the end of August, or no later than the middle of September so I can enjoy some time with the top down before upstate NY weather starts rearing it's ugly head. Does anyone on this thread have the Jeep CEO's email/phone number? :like:
Sponsored