Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
I appreciate all the replies and help so far !
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
How would I go about doing this? Is this even possible? Don’t have experience with this kind of thing. All advice is appreciated
I was semi kidding. Pretty sure dealer has to have your jeep for 45 days to qualify for the lemon law. I'd take it back to dealer and get the tailgate repainted and have the noise addressed. Request a loaner or rental vehicle.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Yup everything stock, got it just a few days ago. Has about 250 miles right now :(
Wow... Didn't realize it had that many miles on it... probably the others didn't either. I'd definitely trade it in... It's already over the hill

Reseg

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
My 2019 Sport S made that exact same noise when in reverse and turning (backing out of my driveway at low speeds). Sounds like it's coming from the rear diff area? I drove it for a few thousand miles thinking it was just diff slip for the inner wheel, and never had an issue. However, when I later traded for my 2021 Rubicon that does NOT make that noise, I now really wonder...

Yeah, that paint pic is really looking "wtf"! I'm also scared of paint touchups and partial repaints after over 30 years of modifying cars for race and fun, using the best shops I could find across the whole country, for fender flares, and modified fronts to open the air for big turbos and intercoolers. The best body shops will straight up tell you there's no way they can make it fade and wear the same as factory, even if they can get it to match perfectly, initially. 5-6 years later, you can usually tell. Maybe it's not a big deal, but you have a NEW Jeep and deserve for it to be perfect, IMO.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
My 2019 Sport S made that exact same noise when in reverse and turning (backing out of my driveway at low speeds). Sounds like it's coming from the rear diff area? I drove it for a few thousand miles thinking it was just diff slip for the inner wheel, and never had an issue. However, when I later traded for my 2021 Rubicon that does NOT make that noise, I now really wonder...

Yeah, that paint pic is really looking "wtf"! I'm also scared of paint touchups and partial repaints after over 30 years of modifying cars for race and fun, using the best shops I could find across the whole country, for fender flares, and modified fronts to open the air for big turbos and intercoolers. The best body shops will straight up tell you there's no way they can make it fade and wear the same as factory, even if they can get it to match perfectly, initially. 5-6 years later, you can usually tell. Maybe it's not a big deal, but you have a NEW Jeep and deserve for it to be perfect, IMO.
This is the exact kinda thing I’m worried about. Thanks for that advice I really appreciate it. You think I should just let it be to avoid that problem down the line?

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Do you have anything in the rear cargo compartment - under the mat? And are the jack and tire iron completely secure in their cubby spot?

Muffler vibrating against something?

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
I’ve never seen anyone put that many miles on stock wheels and tires.
I was already getting the itch to order a lift and tires but this seems to have put a stop to my plans unfortunately 😂

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
Do you have anything in the rear cargo compartment - under the mat? And are the jack and tire iron completely secure in their cubby spot?

Muffler vibrating against something?
Nothing in the trunk but I haven’t thought to check if the muffler came loose. I’ll check when I get out of work in a little bit. Thanks!

Sponsored

Reseg

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
This is the exact kinda thing I’m worried about. Thanks for that advice I really appreciate it. You think I should just let it be to avoid that problem down the line?
I'd just start with taking it in and show them. If you had a fair deal with your salesperson (since it was so recent) and picked a good one, they'll back you to discuss what they can do, starting with evaluating the noise and paint. If you tried to squeeze them for every penny and find the cheapest dealership (like some here), yeah, forget about it, they owe you nothing and may not care. They will want to find the cheapest paint repair place they have relations with. The one time I let a dealership repaint my hood, it was a nightmare. I had a 300ZX that had an injector recall and they didn't latch the hood properly after. 1/2 mi down the road at 60 mph, the hood flew up and smashed against the car, breaking the windshield. I should've sued for nearly killing me, but let them fix it. It turned into over a year of repaints that weren't even close to matching.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
That "bad paint" looks like a bad bondo job and then paint on top.
Oof you’re breaking my heart right now! Is there a way I can definitely tell if it’s bondo? Don’t have experience with bondo other than knowing what it is