2021 Jeep JLR problems in first few days

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
I've had this thing for 200 miles and I think something is up unfortunately. I'm hearing a shuttering/clunking noise when doing a U-turn at slow speeds, it seems to be coming from the rear end.
I uploaded a short clip so you guys can hear what I'm talking about. you can't really hear it unless you hold the speaker up close to your ear or have headphones on but once you hear it you'll know what I'm talking about.

here's me doing donuts in my backyard to recreate the noise.
you can really hear it at 13 seconds

anyone know what this could be?

I also have what looks like a paint defect in the rear tailgate, does anyone else have this? Would it be better to take it to the dealership i bought it at or would the closest Jeep dealership be okay?

F01DBD1A-0F5C-4492-AEF3-54FDF33438D9.jpeg
Sponsored

jeep364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 WK
Take it to a local dealer ask for a loaner. Otherwise tell them to put you in a rental.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
The paint on rear door is crap have them fix it!!

When your doing your turns (donuts) you are not in 4wd on dry pavement are you? If your wheels can't slip as they would on loose dirt, ice or snow the Jeep will "hop"around, I couldn't hear the noise?

Same deal with Jeep in 2wd it won't "hop"?

If not, back to dealer for paint and show them your noise to!!

Go Jeep!!!

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
The paint on rear door is crap have them fix it!!

When your doing your turns (donuts) you are not in 4wd on dry pavement are you? If your wheels can't slip as they would on loose dirt, ice or snow the Jeep will "hop"around, I couldn't hear the noise?

Same deal with Jeep in 2wd it won't "hop"?

If not, back to dealer for paint and show them your noise to!!

Go Jeep!!!
Noise only happens in 2wd oddly enough, the noise isn’t something you can necessarily feel through the Jeep it’s really just a noise.

I totally agree on the tailgate but I’m scared they’ll just repaint it and then it won’t match exactly with the rest of the Jeep. What do you guys think? Have them fix it and risk the paint not matching or dealing with it?

jeep364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 WK
Noise only happens in 2wd oddly enough, the noise isn’t something you can necessarily feel through the Jeep it’s really just a noise.

I totally agree on the tailgate but I’m scared they’ll just repaint it and then it won’t match exactly with the rest of the Jeep. What do you guys think? Have them fix it and risk the paint not matching or dealing with it?
A good body shop (and most 'dealer' bodyshops are certainly adequate) will make it impossible to tell the difference for 99.9% of the population. Especially on a new vehicle with no fading, etc.

Let them re paint it, make them give you a loaner for the repair and the paint repair.

Sponsored

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon

I wouldn't deal with anything that is wrong on a 50k vehicle.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
I've had this thing for 200 miles and I think something is up unfortunately. I'm hearing a shuttering/clunking noise when doing a U-turn at slow speeds, it seems to be coming from the rear end.
I uploaded a short clip so you guys can hear what I'm talking about. you can't really hear it unless you hold the speaker up close to your ear or have headphones on but once you hear it you'll know what I'm talking about.

I also have what looks like a paint defect in the rear tailgate, does anyone else have this? Would it be better to take it to the dealership i bought it at or would the closest Jeep dealership be okay?

F01DBD1A-0F5C-4492-AEF3-54FDF33438D9.jpeg
And I can hear that and it doesn't sound good.

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Silly question I know but.... Are the tires and rims stock?

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
A good body shop (and most 'dealer' bodyshops are certainly adequate) will make it impossible to tell the difference for 99.9% of the population. Especially on a new vehicle with no fading, etc.

Let them re paint it, make them give you a loaner for the repair and the paint repair.
That’s good to hear. I’ll make sure to have them fix it then

Sponsored

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
And I can hear that and it doesn't sound good.
Thanks for you opinion man, I was starting to think I was overthinking all of this. I beat the crap out of old 2 door jk rubicon on 37s and never heard a squeak from her. Now I’m dealing with all this at only 250 miles!

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

Classic FCA quality...I'd request another jeep. Good luck..

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
Classic FCA quality...I'd request another jeep. Good luck..
How would I go about doing this? Is this even possible? Don’t have experience with this kind of thing. All advice is appreciated

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Jeep JLR problems in first few days F01DBD1A-0F5C-4492-AEF3-54FDF33438D9
Does it make the sound going both left and right? Does it make it in reverse?

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
Does it make the sound going both left and right? Does it make it in reverse?
I haven’t noticed it while in reverse. It happens even when going straight but a lot less frequent. It only happens at low speeds Btwn 10-20 mph. The easiest way to recreate it is to give it a little bit of gas and turning. When I recorded the video I had my arm sticking back towards my passenger seat, it’s definitely coming from the rear.
Any other speed and it’s non existent, even highway speeds
Sponsored