castrong

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
Hi guys,

First time posting on the forum! I ordered a Jeep Unlimited sport base model (with no power locks or windows) , the only package I got was an 8 speed auto transmission and tinted windows on my soft top. I ordered in beginning of April but am still in the D status (scheduling for parts) and have heard no recent updates from the jeep chat or my dealer. Wanted to reach out to see if anyone else is having these delays in production? This is my first time ordering a new vehicle from the factory, so I am not sure what the waiting times are for production (my dealer said 4-6 weeks :headbang:).

Thanks!!
Sponsored

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
Hard to know and unfortunately there are only a few people on the planet who know the how and whys and they don't tell us. Some people have ordered in May and have already received their Jeeps, some have been waiting longer than you. It does seem the averages are around 5-6 weeks to take delivery. There's a thread here and here that tries to decode the formulas but I'm convinced it's all random.

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
I wonder if your base model Sport is actually something of a niche configuration. So even though it has less features, maybe there are some logistics around it (like the manual window cranks and lock parts?) where they need to queue up enough of them before they can allocate capacity on the production line? On the opposite end of the spectrum: my ridiculously complex 4xe was built and in KZ status 10 days after the order was placed. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Hopefully yourā€™s get built soon. Youā€™re going to have so much fun with it!

Mountaineep

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Toyota Tacoma, '21 Willys Sport (On Order)
Occupation
Mining Engineer
Iā€™m in the same boat, with a basic Willys sport (manual locks/windows). I ordered in late March with zero movement either.

OP
OP
castrong

castrong

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
Thanks guys! Yeah itā€™s frustrating cause the dealer told me that it is easier to build one without all the features but who knows šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø More time to figure out what my first parts Iā€™m going to order for it!

Sponsored

Nmbr1patriot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys Sport
I just ordered a Willys Sport w/ manual trans, windows and locks. Any update on your build status?

OP
OP
castrong

castrong

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
I just ordered a Willys Sport w/ manual trans, windows and locks. Any update on your build status?
So yeah I reached out to the Jeep chat and dealer and have a ship date of 6/21/21. It hasnā€™t gotten build yet but thatā€™s the only update I have so far.

OP
OP
castrong

castrong

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
So yeah I reached out to the Jeep chat and dealer and have a ship date of 6/21/21. It hasnā€™t gotten build yet but thatā€™s the only update I have so far.
Iā€™m expecting to have the Jeep to the dealer around 4th of Julyā€¦ hopefully šŸ˜€

Nmbr1patriot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys Sport
Iā€™m expecting to have the Jeep to the dealer around 4th of Julyā€¦ hopefully šŸ˜€
Glad to hear itā€™s moving alongā€¦šŸ¤žšŸ»Youā€™ll be able to enjoy the keep for the holiday weekend!

OP
OP
castrong

castrong

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
Glad to hear itā€™s moving alongā€¦šŸ¤žšŸ»Youā€™ll be able to enjoy the keep for the holiday weekend!
Yeah! Fingers crossed. Hope yours gets done quicker. Talking to Jeep support on the phone seemed to give more information than on the Jeep chat. What color did you get on your JL?

Sponsored

Nmbr1patriot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys Sport
Yeah! Fingers crossed. Hope yours gets done quicker. Talking to Jeep support on the phone seemed to give more information than on the Jeep chat. What color did you get on your JL?
I went with white and soft top. Really want to go with the old school bare bones feel and then do some modest changes - tires, rubicon fenders, etc.

How about you? Any plans to mod or are you looking to keep the Jeep stock?

OP
OP
castrong

castrong

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL
I went with white and soft top. Really want to go with the old school bare bones feel and then do some modest changes - tires, rubicon fenders, etc.

How about you? Any plans to mod or are you looking to keep the Jeep stock?
Nice! I went with soft top too. Whatā€™s going to be your first mod? I got a Granite crystal unlimited. Got a sport cause I plan on doing a ton of mods for it (2ā€ lift with 35ā€ tires, upgraded headlights, fenders, bigger touchscreen) all that fun stuff.

Sethward01

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Definitely doesnt appear to be any rhyme or reason--I ordered a Sahara 4xe on 5/10. My dealer said 6-8 weeks due to chip delays (heard Wrangler are and arent affected by this...). Was in parts acquisition phase for two weeks. Around 5/27 I got my VIN and Jeep chat said it would be entering production soon. On 6/6 it was built and ready to ship, with a delivery date of 7/3--7/17. On 6/8, I got a video from my salesman who said it was here. Bad news, I was going out of town the next day. Lol. Have to wait until I get back to pick it up.

BarbieYears

First Name
Barbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm struggling to locate the phone number for Jeep support. Do you have the number to pass along? It would be much appreciated!