Sponsored

2021 Jeep Factory Build - Dealers not interested?

Mccorm67

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sahara
Hi, first time posting, and in the market for a new Wrangler. Called 2 dealers in my area and was informed that there is basically no inventory on their lots these days, so the best option for a new Jeep right now is to have it ordered and built at the factory. Problem is that once I mentioned that, no one will call me back! Is there that little incentive for this kind of sale, and sales people don't want to bother? Or are they just so busy that they won't call back? It feels strange to be saying that you can't get a car salesman to talk to you! Just curious, I will be persistent.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
21 orders are over, they opened the 22s up.

Right now you can normally get a better deal on an order vs an off the lot, although they've pulled the affiliate program on the Wrangler.

I think there is a NE dealer that's doing some discounting on the forum. Gupton in TN seems to be the favorite on the forum and is 5+% under invoice.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Hi, first time posting, and in the market for a new Wrangler. Called 2 dealers in my area and was informed that there is basically no inventory on their lots these days, so the best option for a new Jeep right now is to have it ordered and built at the factory. Problem is that once I mentioned that, no one will call me back! Is there that little incentive for this kind of sale, and sales people don't want to bother? Or are they just so busy that they won't call back? It feels strange to be saying that you can't get a car salesman to talk to you! Just curious, I will be persistent.
A year ago when I ordered my wife's JL, I emailed 8 local dealers, and followed up with phone calls. 2 were not interested at all, they only seemd interested if you walked in and didn't know much about buying a car. The type of dealership that wants to talk monthly payment, not purchase price. They love the buyers that focus on monthly payments. My guess is that's what you are dealing with in the OP.

2 responded but then stopped when they realized I would not pay MSRP. 2 quoted a discounted price, but only 1% under invoice (Affiliate Rewards), and 2 gave decent discounts. This was all during COVID, but the supply chain hadn't yet been so disruptive. I bought from one of the last 2 dealers.

Fast forward to today...I think the market is so messed up, and dealers have such low inventories, and no hopes of getting a high volume of delveries that they need to make enough scratch to cover their nut. I am getting ready to order my JLU, and hope I can get a few points below invoice.

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
Go through the Recommended Dealers post in the Ordering Section. You can also search for dealers listed by state in the search up top. I found a dealer that was an hour away, who is still doing 5% below, looking through the posts in that thread.

JDOLVIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I realize you are from New Haven, CT, but give my dealer a call. Mike Clinnin with Mall of GA Jeep at 770-713-5364 or email at [email protected]. He is off until Monday, but you won't find a better salesperson and will shoot straight and call. email. or text you back.

Sponsored

hockeynut258

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Go through the Recommended Dealers post in the Ordering Section. You can also search for dealers listed by state in the search up top. I found a dealer that was an hour away, who is still doing 5% below, looking through the posts in that thread.
good advice!

I just ordered yesterday at 5% below invoice including fees. There are a handful of dealers that offer that price.

OP
OP
Mccorm67

Mccorm67

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sahara
Hey! Thanks everyone for the feedback and info. I met with one of my local Jeep dealers and placed my order for a 2022 Wrangler Sahara. Looking forward to joining the family!

rriglesias

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude
I realize you are from New Haven, CT, but give my dealer a call. Mike Clinnin with Mall of GA Jeep at 770-713-5364 or email at [email protected]. He is off until Monday, but you won't find a better salesperson and will shoot straight and call. email. or text you back.
X2, props to Mike, highly responsive and no BS attitude.

OP
OP
Mccorm67

Mccorm67

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sahara
Thanks again everyone for the helpful info. I have the Vin number now for my new wrangler, is this all I need to start tracking the build?

Thanks in advance!

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Thanks again everyone for the helpful info. I have the Vin number now for my new wrangler, is this all I need to start tracking the build?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, although with the factory not due to start building 2022 Wranglers until 12/6 I'm not sure there's anything to track yet.

This thread includes a useful tracking tool: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/

And this one is a tremendously useful guide to the overall process: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Yes, although with the factory not due to start building 2022 Wranglers until 12/6 I'm not sure there's anything to track yet.

This thread includes a useful tracking tool: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/

And this one is a tremendously useful guide to the overall process: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/
You may hit D1 before production starts, that means your dealer will have an estimated ship date. You can find out it's in D1 when Jeep Chat says your parts are gathered and it's sequenced for build, then you can ask your dealer for the date.

OP
OP
Mccorm67

Mccorm67

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sahara
Ok, thanks. I did check Jeep Chat and they confirmed it’s in the parts gathering phase. They also said they don’t share the build codes anymore, maybe everyone knows that, or maybe there isn’t a code to share since it’s not in the build phase yet. Learning to be patient as many have said. Thanks!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Ok, thanks. I did check Jeep Chat and they confirmed it’s in the parts gathering phase. They also said they don’t share the build codes anymore, maybe everyone knows that, or maybe there isn’t a code to share since it’s not in the build phase yet. Learning to be patient as many have said. Thanks!
Parts gathering is D. You just have to “translate” their responses.
Sponsored