Cold Weather Package
HD Electrical / Towing Package
Hinge Reinforcement
Black Hardtop
Cloth Seats
7" Uconnect

The Goal:

Capable, yet reliable.

This is my adventure Jeep, for getting deep into the backcountry for camping, rock hounding, petroglyph hunting, photography, and generally going far away from the noise of civilization. I'm not big into labels, but we could file this under 'overlanding.'

I tend to go solo into the wilderness, so I lean towards reliability rather than extreme modification. It becomes a balancing act of mods that will increase capability while keeping impact and stresses on the rest of the system as low as possible. Not interested in hardcore rock crawling, but want a rig that can get me out of trouble if I find myself in it.

As this is my only vehicle, I also want to ensure it can be reconfigured quickly, should I need to clear it out to haul things or whatnot. So, that likely nixes things like drawer systems. I tend to camp light, anyway, so not much need for that. And I'd rather keep the weight down.

The Plan:

LOD Destroyer Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier & various mounts
Clayton Offroad 1.5" Overland+ Lift
BFG KO2 A/T 315/70R17 Tires
ARB Dual Compressor, possibly the Innovative Products kit
ARB Differential Covers

Stretch Goals:

Small Fridge, leaning towards Dometic
Goosegear Platform
Skid Plates, possibly from MORE
HAM Radio (working on getting license)
KC Cyclone under hood lights
Some form of roof rack?

Installed:

Alien Sunshade
Quadratec Door Sill Guards
Quadratec Ultimate Floor Mats
Vector Offroad E-Dock
Outback Adventure Trailgater
Midland MicroMobile MTX275 15W GMRS Radio w/CoolTech mounts
KC Gravity Pro 6 LED Headlights
Bartact Tactical Seat Covers
LOD Destroyer Shorty Front Bumper
KC G4 Amber LED Fog Lights
Hothead Headliners
Goal Zero Yeti 500x Power Station + Boulder 50 Solar Panel
Warn M8000 Winch
Weathertech Cargo Mat
KC Gravity Pro 6 LED (spot beam) A-Pillar Mount Light Pair
Carolina Metal Masters doorless mirrors
Redline Tuning Hood Struts
Warn Zeon 10-S Winch
Factor 55 Flatlink E
LOD Destroyer Rock Sliders
Quadratec Baja Xtreme II Wheels (Silver)

The Photos:

Stock, Day of Purchase:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2409

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2398

Midway Progress:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_3855b

Current:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build smDSC_5583b

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build smDSC_5591b
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build smDSC_5587b

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build tbDSC_5640b
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
jadewolf

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Minor Mod Edition:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2445b

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2446b

Alien Sunshade. Their blue is a perfect match for Hydro Blue.

Installation wasn't too bad. After futzing with the front clips for five minutes, I quickly elected to drop the windshield instead. That made it very easy to install, no problems at all.

Getting the rear corner bungees to reach was another matter. Those suckers were a pain to get on. I don't have my hardtop hoist yet (backordered from Lange, sigh), so I ended up improvising by using a six inch hooked bungee cord to grip and pull the Alien bungees around the mounting balls. Worked wonders and saved me from snapping my fingers in the bungees again. One corner was still being stubborn, so I used the bungee to string it tight to another point and drove around in the hot sun for about an hour. By then, the heat and wind had stretched the shade material and the last bungee went on without issue.

I still need to adjust the placement, but I'm going to let it stretch a little more first. And really liking the shade in general. Definitely helped keep me from getting sunburnt on my drive today.

Also added some paracord grab handles. "Electric Blue" paracord is not quite a match for Hydro Blue, but it looks good anyway.

Installed the Quadratec floor mats and door sill guards. Sill guards did not want to go on perfectly straight, so there's a slight gap towards the rear where it hooks up over to the top of the sill. Debating whether I want to pull them, get fresh tape, and try again... or swap to a fully flat model. For now, I'll leave it as is.

What's Next...

UPS man will be at my door a lot this week. This weekend's planned mods:

Vector Offroad E-Dock
Outback Adventures Trailgater Table
Midland GMRS MicroMobile Radio

OP
OP
jadewolf

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well, I was intending to do several installs this weekend, but I couldn't resist the lure of the mountains...

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build tbDSC_7928b

So spent Saturday in the dirt. First off road test, in the Alabama Hills near Lone Pine in the shadow of the Sierra Nevada mountains. That's Mount Whitney in the background.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2591

The trails around there are mostly just graded dirt, but I took a few little offshoots and detours that let me get a feel for how she handles on some rocks and some steep, narrow tricky spots. Even fully stock, a Rubicon is one heck of a capable vehicle!

Sunday, after washing all the trail dust off and giving her a good waxing, I found my first rock chip already. I knew the door hinges were prone and I had even bought some 3M film to put on them.. but figured, eh... surely I won't get one on the first time out. Ha! Ah well, we'll touch it up and then put the film on.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2597

After cleaning it up, forged ahead and installed my E-Dock bar from @Vector Offroad

Dropped the windshield for the install, but only after I picked up a windshield wiper pulling tool because good grief, those were on there ridiculously tight! $8 for the tool saved me a lot of cursing and frustration.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2599

Install was super easy. Instructions were clear and precise. Had no trouble with it.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2601

The quality on this thing is great. Sturdy construction, no flaws in the finish. Doesn't block my view. I'm very happy with it! Do recommend!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2609

I've got some U-clamp Ram Mounts on order and will make some minor adjustments as needed when they get here, in case they need a bit more clearance between the bar and dash in the front. Probably keeping my Garmin on the windshield suction cup mount, but my phone and GoPro will be going on the bar. And leaving room for additional expansion, too.

I was going to install the Outback Adventure Trailgater and my Midland GMRS radio this weekend, but owing to time spent in the dirt, I elected to push those off to next weekend.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jadewolf

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Tonight was tailgate night!

First up was my GMRS antenna mount. Bought the complete Midland MXT275 kit from CoolTech, including all mounts, cables, and the antenna. Thanks, @CoolTech ! It was great getting the chance to meet you and this kit is fantastic!

And can I just say that I love the little details on this mount? The iconic Jeep grill, plus the clever "JL" in the middle, is just such a nice touch. I just love it! It's solidly built, too. Form and function! And install was a breeze.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2617-cro

Popped out the little rubber grommet on the left, drilled a hole through the rubber, and fed the coax through there. Left a little drip loop under the rubber tire standoff.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2618

Didn't want to open the loom on the wiring, so just zip tied the coax to the rest of the tailgate wiring for now.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2620

I haven't decided where I'm mounting the radio unit yet, so right now the cable is just laid across the floor. I'm still experimenting with mount spots. Once I figure that out, I'll run the cable under the trim or carpet to neaten things up. But that's for later this week, because I had other business to attend to tonight.

While I had the trim panel off, the next item on the agenda was to install my Outback Adventure Trailgater tailgate table...

Right off the bat, I gotta say that, even though this is probably one of the most expensive tailgate tables out there, it's worth every penny. Quality is top notch from start to finish. Came very well packed, completely secure and protected. The instructions are very clear and concise, with good photos. Construction of the table is flawless, good solid materials with real care and workmanship put into it.

The install is dead simple, too. There's really nothing to it. Had it on there and done in maybe 20 minutes.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2629

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2627

Took it out afterwards and drove it around to check for any noise. Went over some bumps and a rough dirt parking lot and didn't hear so much as even the smallest rattle. This thing is solid.

My only concern is that I'll probably have to take it off to rewire the rear when I upgrade to the LOD bumper/tire carrier later this year. I'm wondering if the plastic clips will stand up to having the screws backed out and reinstalled. Worst case, I'll reach out to Doug at Outback Adventure for a new set of clips. He was super quick to answer any questions I had before purchase, so I'm sure it'll be fine when I get to that point.

All in all, very happy with everything installed this evening!

Next Up...

Later this week, I'll finalize where I'm going to mount the Midland and get that all finished up.

I'm also expecting my Bartact seat covers and my KC headlights this week, so that will probably be on the install agenda soon as well.

Still no ETA on my LOD front bumper, but as soon as that gets here, I'll be putting that on, along with the KC amber fogs and the Warn winch off my old JK.

OP
OP
jadewolf

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well, only a small bit of modding today.

I was supposed to get my KC headlights this week, but when the box arrived from Northridge4x4 today, it only contained the bezels & wiring harness links. The headlight assembly was nowhere to be found. So, that sucked. The shipping box wasn't damaged, so I'm guessing someone in the warehouse screwed up on the packing. I called customer service and they had me email them some photos, but it was right before end of business and no word on resolution just yet. I know they have a great reputation in the Jeep community, so I'm hoping this gets resolved without too much trouble. Still a bummer, though. I was all set to install tonight and was hoping to have them on there before I leave to go camping for a week & a half next week. Oh well.

Also expected to get my Bartact seat covers this week. I placed the order the day after I put in the factory order on the JL, but the Jeep got built faster than the covers. Go figure. They said they expected them to be ready this week, but nope. So, had to call them today, too. Still no ETA, but hopefully they get here before I leave on my trip.

So, that leaves just one thing for the week's installations... finishing up the GMRS radio install.

After much futzing around with different locations for the head unit, I think I'm settled on putting it in the glove box. It's the Midland Micromobile mxt275, so it's pretty small. But the place most folks seem to mount it (along the passenger footwell) is no good in a two door if you expect to pull the seat forward to access the rear.

I had briefly considered tucking it inside the carpet deeper into the footwell, but between the lack of airflow and the heat coming through the tub, I think I'd run into problems.

So, for now.. it's in the glove box. Currently using the cig-lighter adapter for power. I'm going to drive it around a bit before I hardwire the electrical. Just to make sure I'm happy with the location. If it feels right, I'll go ahead and mount it permanently.

The mic mount, on the other hand, was an easy one.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2652

Used the CoolTech mount and it's the perfect location. Just within reach, but nicely out of the way. Only thing is you gotta be careful putting it back while listening to the radio, because I've bumped the tuning knob more than once already. Just a matter of putting it in at an angle, though, to avoid that. The mount is very discrete, too. Looks nice and professional and polished in the interior.

Next Up...

Fervently hoping my Bartact seat covers come in before Wednesday, I'd really like to have them for my trip. And really hoping this SNAFU with the headlights at Northridge gets sorted out without issue. I also have a bumper on order through Northridge and now I'm just a little nervous about that.

Otherwise, it looks like the next big thing is taking this sucker off into the desert for a week and a half. We'll see how it handles all the camping gear. This is my first expedition without a dog (my boy passed away in February). It's going to be weird without him. But, it also means reevaluating my packing capabilities. I have a lot more room to work with now. It'll be fun getting it all organized.

OP
OP
jadewolf

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well, my Bartact seat covers came in today. Having installed them in my JK, I was prepared for how big a pain in the ass they are to install. But after fighting with them for a half hour (most of which was trying to pry the rear seat headrests loose--one came off immediately, the other is being stubborn), I elected to wait and install them after I get back from my first big desert trip. I'd rather not mess up my back fighting with seat covers before sleeping on the ground for a week.

My Ram Mounts arrived this week, so got my comms and nav setup all dialed in on the Vector E-Dock.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_0492b

The far left mount is for my Garmin GPSMap/sat messenger (not pictured, currently charging). As far as I'm concerned, a reliable sat messenger / beacon is essential for solo travel.

Also figured I'd mount up my GoPro, too, since I sure as heck haven't been able to use it for any dive trips this past year. 🙃

GaiaGPS is a new addition to my kit, so still working out how best to utilize it. So far, it's working reasonably well via CarPlay. If I find that isn't getting the job done to my satisfaction, I may dig up an old iPad for it. I'm not keen on cluttering up the dash with too many devices, though, so I may just roll with it like this.

Additionally, getting the Jeep prepped and pre-loaded for a week or so in the desert.

Never let anyone tell you you can't overland with a 2 door.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2709b

Got the rear seat folded forward, but not removed for this trip. This is fully loaded except my camera gear (goes in the front) and my personal duffle bag (which will get bungeed into the back). As it stands, there is zero blocking of the rear window. I could still conceivably load even more gear in here, too, at the cost of sacrificing a little visibility out the back.

Not as clean as a fancy platform system with drawers and a fridge slide, but it works. It also allows you to tetris more gear into all available crevices.

For anyone needing reference for loading a 2-door, a Yeti 45 cooler fits perfectly with the rear seat rolled forward, but you have to leave a little gap to the side for the rear seat hardware. This gap turned out to be the perfect size for slipping my camp stove in.

That said, I'm looking forward to upgrading my rear bumper setup. With the big cooler, I don't have a good place for my 6gal water container. I had to size down to my 3gal one. I could get away with a bigger one if it was skinny, though. Regardless, once I get the LOD bumper setup, I can move water storage to the bumper and not have to worry about wedging it into the back or coming into town frequently for water. Also considering just doing a full on rear seat delete, rear seat is pretty pointless without a dog.

And finally, put the trasharoo on the back.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2706b

Next Up...

A long overdue expedition into the desert. Time to see what this Jeep can do!

OP
OP
jadewolf

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Just returned from a week of wandering around California. Came home with about 2000 miles on the new Jeep and enjoyed every one of them. We hit all kinds of weather and terrain, mountains to desert, snow and wind and blowing dust, rocks and slush. Was a great inaugural run!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build tbDSC_7994b

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build tbIMG_3149c

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build tbDSC_9553b

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2825b

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_2793b

And I'm more convinced than ever that the tailgate table I installed is probably going to end up being the most used, most useful mod I ever put on this thing. It makes life so much easier when camping and traveling. Even just eating fast food in a parking lot. I just love it.

But now that I've returned... time to get back to installing things!

First up was new LED headlights.

This wasn't on my original plan, but I decided I wanted amber fogs and bought a nice KC set. But then I realized my foglights would probably end up being brighter than my dang headlights. So, I broke down and ordered LED headlights, too. To avoid having to do extra work, I wanted to get them done before my LOD bumper gets here and I install my winch. I'd just have to pull the winch right back off to do the headlight install, anyway.

After much deliberation, I settled on KC Gravity Pro headlights. I just really dislike the robot/techno look of most aftermarket LED headlight options. No shade intended, but it's just not my style.

Ordered them from @Northridge4x4 , who were a huge help when I had a problem (the box arrived but only had the bezels, not the headlights themselves). They straightened it out quickly, ensuring the replacements arrived before I set off on my road trip, and answered all questions during the process when weird stuff cropped up. Earned a long term customer in me! (Thanks, guys!!)

Installing the headlights was fairly easy.

The brackets took a little finagling to get them lined up just right to assemble, but came together nicely. I'm impressed by how much slimmer they are than the stock halogens.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_3232

Pulling the grill off was probably the most annoying part of the install. The pressure clips were stubborn to release and I was legit worried about breaking the plastic grill with how hard I had to yank on it. But after working the corners a bit, the whole thing popped right off with a little forward tilt from the top.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_3235

Bracket fit was perfect. Plenty of room behind it for the wiring harness adapters, too.

Adjustment was easy, got them all lined up.

The cutoff on the low beams is SHARP. This is my first time with LED headlights and I think that sharp beam pattern will take a little getting used to. But the light quality is superb. Bright, precise, and clear.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_3244

And the high beams are off the hook. Incredibly bright. So bright that bears come out of hibernation, Russian satellites fall out of orbit, and vampires all turn to dust within a five mile radius.

All in all, I'm happy with them. Took it for a drive up the hill where it's pitch dark and they performed great.

Plus, I love the understated look. Modern tech with classic styling. None of that techno-neon-rave-party stuff. Just simple, straightforward lights with high quality construction. Fits my tastes perfectly.

Next Up...

Take two of installing my Bartact seat covers. Love these covers, but the install is a nasty battle.

I also hope that my Lange Hoist-a-Cart will be showing up soon. I see that the manufacturer has them back in stock, so I'm hoping the one I ordered through a retailer will be here shortly. I am very much looking forward to getting her naked.

After that, next thing I've got on order is the LOD Destroyer bumper for the front and, once that's installed, putting my Warn M8000 on.

OP
OP
jadewolf

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Finally got (mostly) the Bartacts on today. They changed the design, apparently, and the instructions were no longer correct. Install videos were no help, because they all showed the old install method. So, had to hit up support to figure out what was going on.

But, with their guidance, I finally got them on. At least in the front. The back is another story.

They changed from velcro attachment on the bottom piece to cord-only. While this makes life easier without having to cram the hook-velcro through the seat crack, it doesn't have quite the same snug fit. I tied the cord down pretty tight but it's still not as tight as I'd like. I'm going to leave them on there a few days to let the material stretch, then crank the knot down again and hopefully that'll be sufficient.

Also, I gotta say, the blue color is a VERY good match for Hydro Blue. Very happy with that!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_3490

I think the JK model of these covers was a little better, honestly. The install was worse, but the fit was a little cleaner. And the adaptation for the side airbag is... eh. You end up losing a little molle space and it doesn't look quite as sleek. But, nevertheless, they're still very good seat covers.

The best thing about them is the vast amount of molle real estate on the back.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_3500

You really can just cover the whole seat in bags. Top bags have got my binocs in one and my tire gauge & deflators in the other. Bottom bag has miscellaneous gear. I put my first aid kit on the back of the driver's seat, for faster access when needed. And I still have plenty of room to spare.

There's a huge zipper pocket at the bottom of the seatback, too. And one little stash pocket up in the front, too. There's just so much room to store gear!

The rear seats, however, are still only half done. You have to pry the headrest cushions off to install the top half and holy mother of dragons, it's HARD to get those things off. One of the cushions popped off easy, surprising me as I wasn't expecting it. But the other one just refuses to let go. I'm still trying to figure out how to pry the dang thing off. I may have to wait until I take the hardtop off, so I can get more leverage to just yank it up.

I'm not too worried about it, though. I'm still on the fence about just taking the rear seats out altogether, so, we'll see.

What's Next...

Oho... I found an unexpected delivery on my doorstep today! My LOD Destroyer front bumper and skid plate have arrived!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_3462

LOD doesn't mess around when it comes to packing their products. I had to dig it out of the foam with a trowel. But it clearly pays off as the bumper was pristine, not a blemish or scratch anywhere. It looks fantastic and I can't wait to get it installed. Probably aiming for this weekend there.

Only bummer: my old winch plate off the JK won't fit. The bolt holes are just a little bit off once it's in place. I was hoping I could reuse it, but nope. So, I'll go ahead and place an order for one from LOD.

Also impulse-bought some Hotheads Headliners on the Memorial Day sale, so those are on the upcoming install list too once they arrive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jadewolf

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Minor stuff today.

Got sick of catching rocks in the fenders, so picked up some thin rubber tubing and filled the gap. Just tucked it in with some plastic trim tools and it seems pretty snug. Hopefully that'll cut down on the rocks I have to pick out after every trip.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_3507

I did both rear fenders and the front fenders from the latches to the vents. Looks pretty decent, blends in well with the black plastic fenders. Might look weird on light colored painted fenders, though.

Also put on a tempered glass screen protector over the Uconnect screen. Probably not completely necessary, but my JK's radio ended up with a big gouge from a panicked dog and I'd rather replace a $7 screen protector than the whole screen. I am generally terrible at putting on decals straight, but I managed to get it on without too much trouble. A little higher than completely centered, but at least that gives me room to pull up an edge if I need to remove it.

Also went ahead and installed my KC Gravity G4 amber fog lights in my new bumper, ahead of the full install this weekend.

What's Next...

Hothead Headliners arriving in a few days and installing the LOD front bumper this weekend! So stoked.

OP
OP
jadewolf

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Today was bumper day!

Installed the Destroyer shorty from @lodoffroad and I absolutely love it! Quality on the bumper & skid are fantastic. I'm very pleased! Good welds, good coating, nice thick steel. Fit was perfect, no issues at all with the install. It was a far cry from the nightmare of getting my JK's bumper (from a different manufacturer) installed. This cinches my decision to definitely go with their Destroyer rear bumper offering, too. I wanted to get this one first, to see how the quality was, before sinking a couple grand into the rear setup. And as far as I can see, it is worth the money, for sure.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_3543

Getting the plastic bumper off was fairly straightforward. I did have to run out on a quick tool run because I didn't have a large enough deep socket to get the mount bolts. Always a good excuse to buy more tools, haha. Digging out the fog light wiring harness required disassembling the whole dang bumper, too. Annoying, but no big deal.

Installing the LOD was pretty simple too, but I did end up needing to call a buddy to help lightly support the bumper while I got the initial bolts started. Tried doing it solo, but it was just too unsteady, particularly since it's so tricky to access the bolts through the tiny slot LOD provides. And I didn't want to risk it falling on me.

Otherwise, no issues! Winch is still pending, since my old winch plate was just a teensy bit off and wouldn't fit. As soon as the LOD plate arrives, I'll put get the Warn mounted up. That'll require taking the skid back off, but it's only six quick bolts. No big deal.

It's going to be amusing having this pristine, brand new Jeep with the pristine bumper... and then having my battle-scarred and grizzled 9 year old winch sitting on the front. Ha! But it's kind of nice to have my JK's legacy live on in my new JL.

Also installed my KC G4 Amber LED fog lamps. Fit into the bumper perfect and look amazing.

And now, the photos...

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_3569

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_3575

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build IMG_3572

Aww yeah, she's coming into focus now! And dang, that looks fabulous.

Next up...

Hothead Headliners arrived! Probably going to install those tomorrow.

Then next weekend, back onto the trail!

Still deciding on the next mod, but probably going to do rock sliders next. Then, after that, order the rear bumper.

OP
OP
jadewolf

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Put the headliners from @Hothead Headliners in today. Ordered them on a whim during the Memorial Day sale and glad I did!

Laid a drop cloth down before the sanding prep, which went a long ways to keeping the dust under control.

Install made a little nervous, because I am flat out terrible at applying decals in anything resembling a straight line. And, predictably, the sound assassin strips are not quite 100% straight. But they're out of sight, so not really worried about them being a little crooked.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build 2BEFA18D-2BA8-4BD2-B669-D4B4EF09E0BF

The headliner panels, though, are pretty much impossible to get in there wrong. The fit is very precise.

I had no trouble getting those in just right.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build 8772B6CB-0230-4E1A-9504-CFDDC48C7BA6

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Hydro Blue 2 Door Rubi Build C20231E5-9141-409B-B36A-FCD094314F3F

They look fantastic. The fit is really good, the material feels nice.

I'm curious to see how they'll hold up to SoCal summer. Adhesives and triple digit summers didn't do well in my JK, but these seem to be holding up for most people so I'm optimistic for the longer term!

What's next...

A few weeks break from installing stuff to go play in the dirt!

After that, winch install (when the plate gets here). Then... we shall see!
Sponsored