jadewolf

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I very much enjoyed reading all this, thanks for sharing ^^
Thanks, y'all!

I am very impressed with your build. Very well thought out mods, kudos. I will be following this thread as I just ordered a Hydro blue 2 door 6 speed ragtop! I plan to mod it mildly such as yours, nothing too extreme. Now the waiting game....Im hearing my order (7/15) will take 3-6 months!! Ouch.....due to microchip shortage I guess.
My order took a little over two months (and me without transportation all that time). I thought I was going to lose my mind. 3-6 months would definitely have done me in, yikes!

So glad to see some other 2 door / 6 speed folks out there! I think we're a dying breed.

Loving the build. Just ordered my 2 door in Sting Gray (thanks for making me second guess my color choice, the blue looks fantastic). I like all of the mods and the retro theme. I'll be following along and stealing all your good ideas.
I'm usually not a fan of grey cars, but that Sting Gray is such an intriguing color! Every time I see one, I can't help but admire it. Very sleek! It really is a unique color, a great choice!

Good luck on y'all's builds, too! These two doors are such a blast to mod.

OP
OP
jadewolf

jadewolf

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Minor stuff today.

Wasn't happy with my American Outlaw doorless mirrors. While they looked good, I was very concerned about them damaging the paint on my hinges. So, I ended up just sucking it up and buying the rather expensive Carolina Metal Masters mirrors. The price point is high, but they reviewed so well online that I figured I'd go for it.

After receiving them and installing, I can say that they're definitely worth the price. The quality and workmanship on these mirrors is superb. They feel heavy, made from good solid metal. No plastic, no nonsense. All the pieces fit together precisely and without gaps. And the mounts look practically stock, they blend in very well with the existing interior. A lot of thought when into this design and I'm glad I splurged for them.

Install was super easy. Just pop the little plastic panel off with a trim tool.

IMG_4364.jpg

Remove the stock bolt. Then screw the mount on. Then put the hex cap (or ball mount) on the open spot to cover the mounting hardware.

mirror1.jpg

I elected to go with the Ball Mount Delete option, since I have a million places to mount things already.

I also decided to put these on the top position of the grab handle, rather than the bottom. I usually have my GPS unit in the corner of the windshield on the lower driver's side, so didn't want the mirror assembly to get in the way of that. I'm kinda glad I did, because I've already hit my head on the mirror twice and I'd probably gore myself in the throat with it any lower, ha.

IMG_4377.jpg

Took the doors back off today and drove it around with the new mirrors. These things are great! Totally solid, no vibration even at 55-60mph. Easy to adjust, easy to install. Covers a surprisingly good view, even for such a small mirror. And the high position isn't as annoying as I thought it might be. Just takes a little getting used to, that's all.

Overall, very pleased with them. Highly recommend.

IMG_4375b.jpg

What's Next...

Still on mod hiatus until the temps cool down.

In small things... Got a set of side vent decals that I'm considering putting on, but still on the fence about it. Same with the hinge covers. Not entirely sure whether I want to put them on or not.

Mostly just driving it around and having fun with it for the rest of summer, though.

Advertisement

Quake LED

Advertisement