2021 High Altitude-Lift/Tire questions

Tallguy23

First Name
Alonzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude Wrangler
ordered the Mopar 2inch lift through the dealer. What tires should I go with if I keep the 20inch stock rims? Will I have to Re gear? its the 3.0 ED. Goal was to fill the gap without tires rubbing.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
ordered the Mopar 2inch lift through the dealer. What tires should I go with if I keep the 20inch stock rims? Will I have to Re gear? its the 3.0 ED. Goal was to fill the gap without tires rubbing.
With that lift you should be ok w/ 35s, but I assume the stock wheels are the same specs as all the other stock JL wheels (except for the 20" diameter) being 7.5" wide w/a +44 offset. If that's the case you may eventually want wheel spacers to bring the tires away from the suspension area and the inner fender liners. Do the E.D.s have 3:73 gearing? If so you're a little better off than us stock Gas Sports w/ 3:45 gears :(
Also need to pay attention to approved wheel width specs for the tires you want. If the range is wider than 7.5" you may have problems if you have any tire warranty issues.

OP
OP

Tallguy23

First Name
Alonzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude Wrangler
With that lift you should be ok w/ 35s, but I assume the stock wheels are the same specs as all the other stock JL wheels (except for the 20" diameter) being 7.5" wide w/a +44 offset. If that's the case you may eventually want wheel spacers to bring the tires away from the suspension area and the inner fender liners. Do the E.D.s have 3:73 gearing? If so you're a little better off than us stock Gas Sports w/ 3:45 gears :(
Also need to pay attention to approved wheel width specs for the tires you want. If the range is wider than 7.5" you may have problems if you have any tire warranty issues.
Wrangler people are much nicer than the raptor groups I was in before LOL. Thanks for the help!

aginoc

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
The High Altitude wheels are 8" wide. Not sure about the offset.
Sponsored