2021 Hard top leak?

First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Wrangler
Hi all.

I joined this forum because I have always wanted a Jeep. I still do not have mine yet but very close to leasing one in the next week or 2. Can someone give me some advice and/or answer some questions?

Do 3 piece hard tops leak? (2021)
Everyone says jeeps take all your money. Why? Is it because of the mods? Or because they break a lot?
Any advice for getting the cheapest price besides the tread lightly discount?
How can I be sure a dealer will honor the Tread lightly discount?

Looking to lease a 2021 JLU altitude
10k miles a year.
48 months.
credit is 700+
sales tax is 7%
paying dealer fees and gov fees upfront.

I am looking for around 400 a month payment and 2-3k OTD.
I this unrealistic?

HELP ME!!!!

I live in south florida and it seems no one is willing to negotiate. Is now just a bad time to get one due to the shortage? Should I just wait till end of the year "sales". Should I wait for the 2022s at this point??
Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
Hi all.

I joined this forum because I have always wanted a Jeep. I still do not have mine yet but very close to leasing one in the next week or 2. Can someone give me some advice and/or answer some questions?

-I haven't had any trouble with mine and I've been to mutliple car washes. I haven't heard of anybody else having problems with the hard top either.

Everyone says jeeps take all your money. Why? Is it because of the mods? Or because they break a lot?
-Mostly mods. If you go thru this forum it seems like everybody's Jeep is constantly breaking, but that just isn't the case. I would say the newer ones are as reliable as any other car. It seems like most of the problems are with the 2018/2019 models likely because that is the year the JL came out. I don't trust any manufacturer the first year or so of a new model or major redesign.

-The best advice I can give would be to be willing to travel for the best deal. inventories and deals vary greatly by region. There are lots of threads on this forum talking about which dealers offer the best discounts. Although, I keep hearing about the chip shortage so no might not be the best time to buy new if you can wait.

-If you shop around you can probably do better than the 1% off of inventory with the tread lightly discount

10k miles a year.
48 months.
credit is 700+
sales tax is 7%

I this unrealistic?
-I buy my vehicles and keep them for a while so I can't comment on lease pricing

HELP ME!!!!

I live in south florida and it seems no one is willing to negotiate. Is now just a bad time to get one due to the shortage? Should I just wait till end of the year "sales". Should I wait for the 2022s at this point??
-You can almost always get a better deal on a model from the year before if you are willing to look around/travel.

Good luck, let us know what you end up with.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hi all.

10k miles a year.
48 months.
credit is 700+
sales tax is 7%

I this unrealistic?

HELP ME!!!!

1) The hard tops don't leak and if they do it's covered under warrantee.
2) It's the mods. They're plentiful and addictive. Jeeps are reliable and have good warrantee services. Keep in mind that they're also prone to being broken by taking the off roading a little too far beyond your ability.
3) For cheapest price, don't buy one in Utah. There's more buyers here than Jeeps and there is always someone else willing to pay full price to get one. Especially if it's a special order and not one off the dealer lot. The same may hold true in FL as it could be a popular beach vehicle, IDK. Shop around and look out of state if necessary.
4) I don't lease and don't know much about it.

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
I stopped leasing new cars in 2006. I was younger and I was in the nascent stages of my career. I could only afford expensive cars if I leased them. The ‘06 Viper was the last new vehicle I ever leased back in 2006. Back then, new car loan interest rates were higher than today.
Since then, I’ve only purchased new vehicles. Bank/financing Interest rates are so low that leasing makes less sense today.

I strongly urge you to put 0 money down when you lease b/c that initial down payment is up-front money lost on a leased/rented vehicle. I never put any money down when I leased. If you have to put money down - then only pay the first month payment - that is it!

JL Wranglers don’t leak. They really did fix the rubber/muck design on the JL over the JK...
Check w/forum dealers listed on this site for dealers who provide sale prices below invoice.

GL/Cheers,
B

Granite Willys

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Retired
No Leaks on my 2021 Willys Hardtop. I have been in some heavy rain storms and high power car washes, no leaks.
Sponsored