Sponsored

2021 Firecracker Red JLUR: My first ever Jeep (thanks to Bronco delays!)

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Thanks! I haven't though about the radio yet...can you post the pic of your install?
Sure thing i will post some pics here ones i get a chance
Sponsored

ratherbskiing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUWD
The pics from the initial page looked like East Canyon/ Jeremy Ranch / Mormon Flats area. Some of the others looked like Kamas-y to me. Where you at in UT?

OP
OP

slipstream

First Name
Filip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2019 Ford Expedition, 2020 Tesla X
The pics from the initial page looked like East Canyon/ Jeremy Ranch / Mormon Flats area. Some of the others looked like Kamas-y to me. Where you at in UT?
you are right on! I am in Park City

Okietryon

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, F350
Really like your build. How was the installation of the LOD rock rails? I am considering them but concern about the body to frame bolts. Did you have any issues with them?

Sponsored

OP
OP

slipstream

First Name
Filip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really like your build. How was the installation of the LOD rock rails? I am considering them but concern about the body to frame bolts. Did you have any issues with them?
thanks! The LOD Destroyer install was fine. I did it by myself in our garage with a little bit of help from my 8 yr old son. I didn't have to loosen the frame bolts the slider just slid over them (I did use a mallet on one side to help them a bit.) The hardest thing is dealing with the weight while trying to align them while on your back under the jeep. I did have a shop tap the 2 optional bolts afterwards - I don't have the tools to do it myself. Overall they are very well made. Comparing them side by side to some lower cost ones you see its a night and day difference.

DECruzer

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Sting grey
Occupation
IS Infrastructure Architect
Let the (modding) games begin!

First let me say that I am super grateful for this awesome forum and Jeep community overall. Really impressed by the people I met so far and the vast resources available. Plus the amount of aftermarket support for these things is just incredible.

Since this is my first Jeep and first off-roader I really don't know where I am going with it. For now, I decided I dont want a pure rock-crawler or an super geared out Overlander. What I am shooting for is a fairly capable "all-arounder". Improved off-road capability while maintaining proper road manners is key. I want my family (2 kids under 12) to be as comfortable as possible while we take the Jeep on adventures.

I also steer towards mods that I can install myself and learn along the way.

So here is what I have done so far.

Tires:
BF Goodrich KO2, 315/70R17 (35"), Load C
Synergy 1.75" Wheel Spacers

Suspension
Dynatrac 2.0in EnduroSport Suspension
Teraflex Sport Front LCAs
Synergy Rear Track Bar Bracket
Synergy Adjustable Front Track Bar

Exterior
LOD Destroyer Rock Sliders, Black
Magnaflow Street Series Axle-Back (#19388) exhaust
Rhino Rack, Vortex SG 2-Bar System, Roof Rails
RokBlokz XL Mud Flaps
Rydonair Antenna, 13"
Trim-Lok Rubber Tubing Seal (fenders)

Interior
Mopar Rubber Floor Mats
Kuat Hi-Lo Hitch extension
Quadratec Ultimate All Weather Rear Cargo Liner
Bulletpoint Phone mount
Savadicar JL GrabTray Passenger Storage Tray
Roof Tie Down Anchors: Tie-Down Anchor PRO
Grip Handle: GP-Grip PRO
Throttle Controller: HIKE IT-X9

Current picture:
IMG_2488.jpg
Did you do the Teraflex LCA's and the adjustable front track bar and rear track bar relocation when you did the lift or after to fix things? I am looking at getting the Dynatrac lift for my 21 JLU Rubicon and want to get everything needed up front. Thanks and your Jeep looks great.

OP
OP

slipstream

First Name
Filip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you do the Teraflex LCA's and the adjustable front track bar and rear track bar relocation when you did the lift or after to fix things? I am looking at getting the Dynatrac lift for my 21 JLU Rubicon and want to get everything needed up front. Thanks and your Jeep looks great.
I got all 3 afterwards. Got the lift first and drove it for a while without. It drove fine. Very well actually but I wanted to see how much better the steering/handling could be so I got the other parts. Before the track bar and relo bracket the axles shifted about 1/2" to each side. Now they are spot on. Before the LCA, caster was 4.0 degrees and now its at 7.1 degrees.

OP
OP

slipstream

First Name
Filip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New project in progress...Smittybilt X20 winch and Maximus-3 plate. Though its turning out to be more complicated than I anticipated...
IMG_2582.jpg
IMG_2586.jpg

OP
OP

slipstream

First Name
Filip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the meantime my son was working on another Jeep inside the house....

IMG_2589.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

slipstream

First Name
Filip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finished installing the winch tonight. A few notes for others contemplating the same setup:
- Maximum-3 plate: well make overall but I had to grind it down a bit as the stock welds on the frame were interfering with the proper bolt hole alignment. I feel they should allow for more clearance in those areas given how many people are reporting the same issue.
- Smittybilt X20 winch: the supplied fairlead bolts are too short for the stock bumper. A trip to the hardware store was required for some longer ones (also be mindful of the size of the base as the opening on the fairlead is pretty tight). Aside from that the X20 (sitting on Maximum-3) is a great fit on the JL. Lots of room in the front and back and sides.
- I didn't care much for the look of the Smittybilt hook so I ended up getting the Factor-55 Flatlink-E......and splurged for their fairlead also. Much nicer and cleaner look.
- The nice thing about the size and placement of the X20 is that I was able to swap the fairlead without having to remove the skidplate and the bumper. It was tough but manageable.

IMG_2594.jpg

OP
OP

slipstream

First Name
Filip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roof came off for the 1st time, then went back on after I got the cabin properly dusted

DSC06617.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

OP
OP

slipstream

First Name
Filip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After taking the hardtop by hand without any device-assist and realizing its pretty much a 3 person job, I decided to get GarageSmart hardtop lift.

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

ratherbskiing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUWD
It has been fun following your build. I'm in PC also. Let me know if you ever want to sneak out on a local trail.

OP
OP

slipstream

First Name
Filip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has been fun following your build. I'm in PC also. Let me know if you ever want to sneak out on a local trail.
Sure thing. Let me know the same. I am new to the scene and don't know many PC people that off-road.
Sponsored